Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

I love this logo. I hope they keep it.

1069190_631173453561255_978847999_n.jpg

Batman will walk over your cold corpses

Khan_Singh%2C_alternate_reality.jpg

OT: Whos that in your sig btw The Mike?

Now that's Bruce Wayne! :yess::clap

"[Benedict Cumberbatch] is never going to play an ordinary man, ‘cause he couldn’t. That’s not what he’s like, but he will tell the stories of great men."
— Steven Moffat

Exactly the kind of guy we need playing Batman.

What's funny about all the people hating on Cumberbatch as Batman, saying he doesn't look the part, is that, at certain angles, he's a dead ringer for Christian Bale.
Like a closeup of the back of his head or something? Those guys look nothing alike.

Now that's Bruce Wayne! :yess::clap

"[Benedict Cumberbatch] is never going to play Batman, ‘cause he couldn’t. That’s not what he’s like, but he will tell the stories of great men, but not Batman, because Jon Hamm is Batman."
— Steven Moffat

Exactly the kind of guy we need playing Batman.

Moffat said that!?!?!:horror I hope the studios are listening.

I like Cumberbatch but not for Bruce Wayne. He should play the Joker. His skin is already pasty enough.

Man of Steel vs the Man in Black

I agree. I know Nolan and Goyer have said over and over again that the Bale trilogy stands on it's own, but it would be great to see Bale's Batman come out of retirment to school this reckless Alien.

On what, quitting?

*snerk*

After seeing what Supes can dish out in MoS, I'd like to see Bats try "schooling" him. What is he going to do to an invulnerable guy with superspeed and heat vision?

See, this whole thing has such potential to devolve into slapstick.

If Goyer has his way it's Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman with no Man of Steel prefix.

Here’s what Goyer said, according to ComicBook.com:

So over in Hall H at the Warner Bros., I guess most people know now, at the end of the Warner Bros. panel Zack came out and he brought Harry Lennix, who plays General Swanwick in Man of Steel and we –- actually, Harry read a bit from [The Dark Knight Returns] and so the next film we’re making, we’re already in pre-production, comes out in summer of 2015. We’re actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, it’s –- that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that’s happening.

https://www.slashfilm.com/next-superman-movie-likely-called-batman-vs-superman/

A little odd that this is a Man of Steel sequel for all intents and purposes but that Batman will share top billing but I guess realistically they are trying to sell tickets and maximize marketability.

If Goyer has his way it's Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman with no Man of Steel prefix.

https://www.slashfilm.com/next-superman-movie-likely-called-batman-vs-superman/

A little odd that this is a Man of Steel sequel for all intents and purposes but that Batman will share top billing but I guess realistically they are trying to sell tickets and maximize marketability.

Makes sense to me. MOS being part of the title just makes it cumbersome. Most people I know just called it the "new Superman movie". Batman vs Superman is perfect and rolls off the tongue better than Superman vs Batman.

That "vs" is really going to turn heads, but I really really hope they don't physically fight each other.

Edit: Since it's a MoS sequel, don't you think Superman should go 1st in the title? :lol

Sounds to me like it won't be a sequel so much as a cross-over where both characters are roughly equally important.

And after MOS if you think Snyder is going to do a "versus" movie and not have them physically hash it out then you've got another think coming. In fact, there's little in Snyder's resume to suggest he would know how to handle a film not involving massive amounts of physical violence.

I didn't say that, they don't have to got small on the physicality, just don't make them fight each other physically, otherwise I'm almost sure they'll make Superman lose to Batman somehow, and I don't want another TDKReturns ending as much as I liked that book.

Plus the Watchmen was very tasteful in terms of action sequences, so Snyder can definitely handle it.

I don't know that taste comes into play when you've got guys shooting pregnant women, attempting rape, spraying down Vietcong with flamethrowers, and slicing a guy's brains with a butcher knife. :lol

They will fight. Batman will probably win. Because that would be the "cool" thing to do.

Back