Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking of the dirt rising.....no one wonders why everyone was in Kansas for the funeral....then cut away to Bats visit to Lexxie then cut away to Bruce walking in a field then cut back to the funeral for the tossing of the dirt. That sequence bothered me more then dirt rising :lol

The editing didn't help that sequence. Made it look like Lois was holding that dirt for quite a while. But considering a lot of the non-linear inserts and stuff like Pa-nado Kent showing up I didn't take it too literally.

Probably going to hit this up again. After my initial negative reaction I find myself softening up. Plus Man-Bat. I didn't know that thing was Man Bat.

I know the first thing I said when I walked out was "how quickly can you form a congressional hearing?"

:lol

The editing didn't help that sequence. Made it look like Lois was holding that dirt for quite a while. But considering a lot of the non-linear inserts and stuff like Pa-nado Kent showing up I didn't take it too literally.

Probably going to hit this up again. After my initial negative reaction I find myself softening up. Plus Man-Bat. I didn't know that thing was Man Bat.

Military firing the canon slow mo reminded me of Bay. :lol

Batman went full Ric Flar :lol He went from, "Do you bleed?" to "Please, not in the face" :lol

8Nur2SD.gif

As I saw it based on the dirt rising Bruce's dream, and the flash appearing, Darkseid takes his body, brings Superman back to life and makes him a general in his army. They attack earth, the league has to stop him, but they can't. They key is Lois and Superman's love for her. But something happens to her, and that's why Flash went back and told Bruce to keep her safe.

As I saw it based on the dirt rising Bruce's dream, and the flash appearing, Darkseid takes his body, brings Superman back to life and makes him a general in his army. They attack earth, the league has to stop him, but they can't. They key is Lois and Superman's love for her. But something happens to her, and that's why Flash went back and told Bruce to keep her safe.
YES!

Still can't believe the Bat Armor was all CG. Looked so real...
I believ it wasn't all CGI all the time, they did make a physical armor and used it in some shots, I'm assuming they just enhanced it with CGI. Can you confirm Irish?

Batman went full Ric Flar :lol He went from, "Do you bleed?" to "Please, not in the face" :lol

8Nur2SD.gif

I have an issue with this and I am glad you posted this. This Batman is built as a super bad-a**. He is not afraid to fight Superman because it may be the only thing that he does that truly matters. Then in the fight he basically ****s his pants..... That is another moment I would personally edit out. I don't like it. Sure, it adds a more human aspect to Batman, but I personally don't view Batman like this. He is cool, calm, and composed in fights, that scene goes against it.

I have an issue with this and I am glad you posted this. This Batman is built as a super bad-a**. He is not afraid to fight Superman because it may be the only thing that he does that truly matters. Then in the fight he basically ****s his pants..... That is another moment I would personally edit out. I don't like it. Sure, it adds a more human aspect to Batman, but I personally don't view Batman like this. He is cool, calm, and composed in fights, that scene goes against it.

I would have rather seen him building it

Out with friends for dinner ....went to movie tavern and everyone wants to see this movie. Second viewing in 5....and I wasn't going to watch it at all opening weekend :rotfl

Out with friends for dinner ....went to movie tavern and everyone wants to see this movie. Second viewing in 5....and I wasn't going to watch it at all opening weekend :rotfl

I am going for my second viewing Friday to kick off Spring Break. A movie I was certain I would hate... turns into a movie I truly enjoy and like. Probably going to be my third favorite DC movie as well. Maybe even second.

Just a question for anyone... I have been very careful not use the word "fun." I don't consider this a fun movie, but I do consider this a movie I enjoy. Does this make sense? I agree with the critics that it is not a fun movie, but that doesn't take away from anything in my opinion.

Why is crows trying to discredit this movie so bad? Like damn, you all thought I was bad before release... but reading through this thread all I see from him is posting negative reviews, posting questions, calling things stupid/dumb for two days, relentless twelve hour shifts of discrediting :lol

HT doesn't have the LOTR license :lol

:lol:lol

You know, I didn't mind seeing that. Maybe because he wasn't facing a human? It was badass of him to punch "god" in the face...so when it didn't work, I liked that he realized for a second the reality of his situation. Plus I thought it was funny to see Batman show some fear for the first time in a film.

I would have rather seen him building it

Building the suit? I'm surprise it wasn't in the film. Maybe they thought it would be too similar to Iron Man? Which is the wrong reason not to do something, if that something is a good idea, like not putting an after credit scene because that's the "Marvel way." :slap

Just a question for anyone... I have been very careful not use the word "fun." I don't consider this a fun movie, but I do consider this a movie I enjoy. Does this make sense? I agree with the critics that it is not a fun movie, but that doesn't take away from anything in my opinion.
Fun has been reduced to amount of quips and jokes, I have fun when I see 2 guys in tights beat the **** out of each other, I have fun when a story engages me, dark or serious as it can be, even horror movies can be fun, I don't know why fun became a misnomer and reduced to funny or comedy. Personally I did have fun.

Back