Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dirt rising only signified that the same kryptonian laser tech that destroyed Metropolis was being used on the coffin.

Maybe his body was being stolen?

I honestly don't know what that represented.

It didn't show him being back, people are just assuming that.

maybe. maybe it was pa kent like you said before. I would even accept that better lol.

I knew Superman wouldn't stay dead. I never bought or read the Death of Superman because it was an obvious publicity stunt by DC. It never crossed my mind that he wouldn't come back.

yeah, same here. I dont think it needed to be shown to people, to the normies that are not into comics because either people would think "no he's not dead" or just be shocked by it and then go google it (did superman really die)

It would have given a big shock to everyone in the audience. but Snyder didn't even let people be shocked more than a couple of minutes. I really do not understand why he chose to show that. it baffles me,

Except there was no sigh of such thing. Wouldn't saving the world in MOS make people realize he was actually good...or all the other nice things he did afterwards, but no, he was still a polarizing figure, so why is stopping some monster...which was also another Kryptonian, change people's minds? If anything, it gives their argument against Super credibility.
Because he gave his life? You'd think that'd put the detractors in perspective. But you are right, they didn't quite make it clear at the end, they should've had the millennial kid with the face paint at the hearing be at heroes park with Superman's crest on his shaved head to show his support, missed opportunity.

The funny thing is, the death scene would work if they had shown those same haters/protesters from the beginning of the film, at Superman's funeral....to suggest that, yeah, the public image of him has changed, but they didn't.
Oh, multiquoted before I read this :lol so yeah.

Well a lot of people were saying this is Lex Junior. I saw a lot of comments online about how this was the son. not the REAL one. so i dont know.

He's the Lex in Smallville but without the "I am your father". And of course, a lot of cray, cray, LOL.

I knew Superman wouldn't stay dead. I never bought or read the Death of Superman because it was an obvious publicity stunt by DC. It never crossed my mind that he wouldn't come back.

The comic book industry is drastically changing their ways....by years end all of these characters will be killed once and for all:

Batman
Superman
WW
Joker
Luthor
2 Face
Penguin
Riddler
Catwoman
Spiderman
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Winter Soldier
Antman
Black Panther
War Machine
GOTG
Odin
Daredevil
Punisher
All of the X-Men
All of the F4
Doom
Green Goblin
Red Skull
Loki
Thanos
Galactus

RgznrgC.png

1769465_orig.jpg

The comic book industry is drastically changing their ways....by years end all of these characters will be killed once and for all:

Batman
Superman
WW
Joker
Luthor
2 Face
Penguin
Riddler
Catwoman
Spiderman
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Winter Soldier
Antman
Black Panther
War Machine
GOTG
Odin
Daredevil
Punisher
All of the X-Men
All of the F4
Doom
Green Goblin
Red Skull
Loki
Thanos
Galactus

Some of these have been around for 70+ years. Why would they suddenly disappear?

...Or was that a joke that went straight over my head :lol

Batman
Superman
WW
Joker
Luthor
2 Face
Penguin
Riddler
Catwoman
Spiderman
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Winter Soldier
Antman
Black Panther
War Machine
GOTG
Odin
Daredevil
Punisher
All of the X-Men
All of the F4
Doom
Green Goblin
Red Skull
Loki
Thanos
Galactus
Uncle Ben and Mar-Vell are probably wondering "why are we so special"?

but like, so what if people dont know or dont think he can come back? back when he was killed in the comic no one really knew what they were going with it... people didn't know what would happen back then

Why not do that again here? it was such a cheap thing to do. im not nitpicking because that dirt scene is just so stupid. you are not given any chance to process what you just saw. you literally are not given any breathing room to be like "omg he's dead" instead is like " I CANT BELIEVE HE DIED - Oh wait never mind he's totally fine"
Because people would've complained about it, omg they killed Superman, how are they gonna do JL without superman? This sucks! I'm so confused!

I agree that it was backpedaling, but if I'm being honest with you, after you posted those questions pages back, not yours, the other ones, and seeing the kind of stuff that gets people confused, I'm not so sure it was a bad idea to show he's not really dead.

The dirt rising only signified that the same kryptonian laser tech that destroyed Metropolis was being used on the coffin.

Maybe his body was being stolen?

I honestly don't know what that represented.

It didn't show him being back, people are just assuming that.

I thought it was a throw back to the anti gravity affect when he first takes flight in man of steel? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I've only seen MOS once. To Me it signified he was regaining strength (not dead)

Last edited:
Because people would've complained about it, omg they killed Superman, how are they gonna do JL without superman? This sucks! I'm so confused!

I agree that it was backpedaling, but if I'm being honest with you, after you posted those questions pages back, not yours, the other ones, and seeing the kind of stuff that gets people confused, I'm not so sure it was a bad idea to show he's not really dead.

I dont know, I see that as a cop out. they deliberately CHOSE to kill him off so if you make a choice like that then stay on it. Deal with people asking how is justice league being formed.
Snyder already said Superman wont be in it at first. Batman will gather everyone around first. so he wont even be at the beginning of the first Justice League, maybe he is at the end of that one... who knows maybe the first justice league movie will be without superman being in it.

I mean, killing him and bringing doomsday this early was a big mistake already, it is something that did not need to be done, but since they did, then just fully stick to it.

The way they did it is like putting one foot in the pool and the other foot on land and just stay in the middle. either you Jump into the pool to swim or you dont.

I do kinda like snyders reasoning in killing superman

He said he really wants Bruce to assemble 'the 7' - with Supes around, it wouldn't be as much of a challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing Bruce do it on his own. It signifies the respect people have for batman if these super heroes are joining with him even without superman being there. And with batman being my favourite that's fine by me. So Supes' death is basically the upcoming justice league plot. Well about half of it.

At first I didn't like both doomsday and supermans death but after hearing snyders reasoning behind it I'm coming round to it. Batmans gonna go off and assemble the JLA, their gonna get their arses handed to them and then boom, Supes comes back majestic as **** and saves the day.

Last edited:
I mean, killing him and bringing doomsday this early was a big mistake already, it is something that did not need to be done, but since they did, then just fully stick to it.
Well, if I give the audience a little credit, we all know Superman is coming back, so it really doesn't matter one way or the other, BUT this can be used as a pivot to turn around the attitude of earth towards Superman.

Back