Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well from the beginning there was heavy suspicion that DC was jumping ahead with all of the characters in a game of catch-up with Marvel. But as I said before, they could have just jumped into the middle of things with a fully formed JLA, and it could work. Just not with Goyer and Snyder at the helm. So, again, from my point of view, this attempt at rushing things isn't a problem in and of itself. The problem is when you have people without good sense or creative vision handling this effort. You easily see that they don't have a good plan for doing anything, and tacking on this or that character clearly seems haphazard and thematically problematic.

Snyder has creative vision, he just has too much geek out.

And yea I think Goyer just had a credit and most of his stuff was re-written?

You Marvel guys love to try to forget AoU- now that was really uninspired filmaking defining the word "mess". However I will be careful not to get too excited by BvS but I love what Afleck is doing with Bats and gotta believe Snyder knows what works to milk the heck out of it in this film

You Marvel guys love to try to forget AoU- now that was really uninspired filmaking defining the word "mess". However I will be careful not to get too excited by BvS but I love what Afleck is doing with Bats and gotta believe Snyder knows what works to milk the heck out of it in this film

Considering the likes of me, Kara, Deckard and RIDDICK are the most recent commentators against how this film appears to be shaping up I can only assume that's directed at us. Not one of us is any more a ''Marvel guy'' than you are. I thought AoU was crap, as I know at least some of those guys did too :dunno

There's grey areas between the black and the white.

Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash aren't a part of the story thankfully. They're not a problem at all as their bits are just little cameos (none of them meet anyone in the story or talk) within the movie. Diana is a background character, a spy investigating Lex Luthor/Amanda Waller shenanigans. Bruce has a quick run in with her. Wonder Woman and "Doomsday" are in the last 15 mins of the movie right after the pair set aside their differences to take on Luthor.

I had doubts and hated the idea of other heroes in this, but it is very much a Batman/Superman movie. It's all about those two and Luthor. It's actually not rushed, the actual fight between Batman and Superman, the pay off really, clocks in at the end of the movie near the third act before a Batman centric sequence and the climax against Luthor and his end game.

Last edited:
Considering the likes of me, Kara, Deckard and RIDDICK are the most recent commentators against how this film appears to be shaping up I can only assume that's directed at us. Not one of us is any more a ''Marvel guy'' than you are. I thought AoU was crap, as I know at least some of those guys did too :dunno

There's grey areas between the black and the white.

Grey is good but the latest trailer is not an indication on what the film will be like. Just how WB wants us to see it- the MCU crowd that is..
Latest rumor that WB signed Will Smith for multiple films as Deadshot and that he will team with Bats in the first stand alone Bats film is a BAD BAD idea to me- I was hoping for a Batman film with Batman..and the Joker:rotfl

Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash aren't a part of the story thankfully. They're not a problem at all as their just little cameos (none of them meet anyone in the story or talk) within the movie. Diana is a background character, a spy investigating Lex Luthor/Amanda Waller shenanigans. Bruce has a quick run in with her. Wonder Woman and "Doomsday" are in the last 15 mins of the movie right after the pair set aside their differences to take on Luthor.

I had doubts and hated the idea of other heroes in this, but it is very much a Batman/Superman movie. It's all about those two and Luthor. It's not rushed.

:clap

ironwez20 be like...

2344517066_polls_i_like_turtles_4958_207342_answer_3_xlarge_xlarge.jpeg

You almost got me there, Fabio! For a few minutes I was like "WHAT THE ???"
But then...

Wonder Woman and "Doomsday" are in the last 15 mins of the movie right after the pair set aside their differences to take on Luthor.

uKNBBiR.gif

Doomsday is the sacrificial lamb. He'll show up, scream, beat up Superman, then Bats and Sups take him down and WW delivers the final blow, because there's no way they'll show Sups killing again.

Back