1/6 Hot Toys - Venom: Let There Be Carnage - Carnage Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again like I said he’s still a villain to me.
It's fine if that's how you see him, but it's not true.
And I’m sorry but I’m sure they fought after he left California a couple times. So you mean to tell me Spider-Man and venom never fought at all after he left?
Nope, outside of Spiderman explicitly coming to Cali when Venom said not to come. Pete swings into Cali, and Venom beats on him because he thinks he's trying to get one over on him, but quickly stops when Peter fills him in. I know Scarlet Spider fights Venom once in the 90s, but I forget when that slots into the timeline. They wound up becoming slight friends even, but this was during a mini series where Carnage became giant with the help of alien tech? It was one of the symbiote origin issues where they explain that the suits are part of an HR Giger type race that uses a host race, and moves on to the next planet.

A really weird mini where Carnage eats a bunch of venom suits to get 100+ feet tall.

I’m not sure if that’s the case. Maybe enlighten me.
Like I said, he doesn't fight Spiderman in earnest again until the return of the sinister six, where the issue even starts with them bruying the hatchet until Anne Weying kills herself for no reason so Venom can have a reason to kill Spiderman again.
Also no his reason for killing Spider-Man was that he ruined his life and called him out. He found himself innocent and thought that Spider-Man preyed on innocent victims. His intentions were that he felt wronged.
It was because of the sin eater case, where Eddie lost his job as a reporter because Eddie messed up the case, they had to retcon this several times because it didn't make sense, and Anne later goes on to say Eddie was a nice funny guy but that his relationship with his dad was weird and that he might've always been mentally ill, in fact Eddie being mentally ill was a huge part of his character in the early 90's into modern day. Thing is, the reason why it barely makes sense is because Venom wasn't supposed to be Eddie at first, I forget the details, but the character was meant to be somebody else who lost a family member close to them because of Spider-man tryign to save the day, but they scrapped this for some reason.

They even later retconned the sin eater case so Eddie was always right, but I forget what series that happened in, might've been Slott's run with the wraith character or whoever her name was, or the axis carnage run.

Also I’ll gladly admit when I was wrong and I was wrong about the eating people . Sorry I dragged that out.
It's fine, you'd be surprised how many times I've said this whole spiel to. I'm sure Frost has done it too, comes with being a big fan of Venom.

That’s from the venom origin book ? Also he was taught to be a good liar which got him in trouble in the sin eater case.
No that’s from the recent Donny Cates venom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 43
It's fine if that's how you see him, but it's not true.

Nope, outside of Spiderman explicitly coming to Cali when Venom said not to come. Pete swings into Cali, and Venom beats on him because he thinks he's trying to get one over on him, but quickly stops when Peter fills him in. I know Scarlet Spider fights Venom once in the 90s, but I forget when that slots into the timeline. They wound up becoming slight friends even, but this was during a mini series where Carnage became giant with the help of alien tech? It was one of the symbiote origin issues where they explain that the suits are part of an HR Giger type race that uses a host race, and moves on to the next planet.

A really weird mini where Carnage eats a bunch of venom suits to get 100+ feet tall.

Like I said, he doesn't fight Spiderman in earnest again until the return of the sinister six, where the issue even starts with them bruying the hatchet until Anne Weying kills herself for no reason so Venom can have a reason to kill Spiderman again.

It was because of the sin eater case, where Eddie lost his job as a reporter because Eddie messed up the case, they had to retcon this several times because it didn't make sense, and Anne later goes on to say Eddie was a nice funny guy but that his relationship with his dad was weird and that he might've always been mentally ill, in fact Eddie being mentally ill was a huge part of his character in the early 90's into modern day. Thing is, the reason why it barely makes sense is because Venom wasn't supposed to be Eddie at first, I forget the details, but the character was meant to be somebody else who lost a family member close to them because of Spider-man tryign to save the day, but they scrapped this for some reason.

They even later retconned the sin eater case so Eddie was always right, but I forget what series that happened in, might've been Slott's run with the wraith character or whoever her name was, or the axis carnage run.

It's fine, you'd be surprised how many times I've said this whole spiel to. I'm sure Frost has done it too, comes with being a big fan of Venom.
That’s fine if you think he is a hero I just don’t . And ok. See I’m not familiar with all these retcons and changes to history. Reason why I don’t read comics anymore. Very inconsistent.

This is a very interesting discussion here. Helped me to understand the character better.
2 times I draw Venom in Marvel comics, one time when he's teaming up with the young X-Men from the past (X-Men Blue), and then in the War of the Realms: Strikeforce, where he got stabbed by Malekith.. I always thought of Venom as an anti-hero myself.

A villain, yes at first, on the McFarlane run, but then his character developed into an anti-hero. I still draw him stabbing the dark elves to death in the War of the Realms, and that is not very heroic, hahahah, but he did that to the bad guys anyways. And I love drawing anti-heroes!

Has anyone managed to set up flex payments for this after making the order? I remember seeing people say that if we ask later they'll set it up... I just did and was told the lack of flex payment options for it was my manufacturer request. Thats lame. Why do they even care?

Has anyone managed to set up flex payments for this after making the order? I remember seeing people say that if we ask later they'll set it up... I just did and was told the lack of flex payment options for it was my manufacturer request. Thats lame. Why do they even care?
I’ve noticed that a few live action Spider-Man figures don’t have the flex pay option. The integrated suit and upgraded suit didn’t have the option (unless they recently changed it)

edit: apparently they did change it. Honestly no idea

It's a Sony thing. No NRD and no flex pay. Once it has been released you should be able to set up flex pay at that point. You may have to cancel and then wait until release to purchase again and set up flex pay. Just remember if you do, then at that point you would be charged an NRD.

Back