1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Supergirl Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except it isn’t Kara who looks like that in the comics, it’s an alternate earth Supegirl named Mia Kent/Cir-El, who, in more recent comics, is a clone made by Brainiac using Lois’ DNA. So, yes, a supergirl looked like that in the comics, but not the one this movie is supposed to be interpreting.
Except this is a multiverse film and she can be whatever the hell they want her to be.

Yea sadly WB doesn’t know it’s own source material and or they don’t care so they decided to make the blond haired supergirl look like the other supergirl. I mean I don’t really care that much but it’s weird they went in that direction

Kal-El was killed as a baby. It's hardly the same friggin universe that the regular Supergirl is from. Jesus.

Except this is a multiverse film and she can be whatever the hell they want her to be.
Just saying, don’t use the comics to try to justify your point when it’s not even the proper supergirl you’re attempting to utilize to further your stance. :dunno

From the sounds of it, you, just like WB, saw a pic of a comic panel with a Supergirl with short, black hair and said “yea she’s like that in the comics so it’s cool” without doing any actual research on who that version of Supergirl even is. She’s her own character. Anyway, this version of Supergirl wouldn’t even of been in the movie had Cavill’s situation not been up in the air at the time. At the end of the day, they couldn’t use Cavill, so they course corrected with gender bent Superman and called her Supergirl to still keep a Flashpoint-esque storyline.

You and other ppl in this thread are a little too worked up about ppl not liking this version of supergirl :lol I have no problem with the actress. She did alright with what she was given. But this interpretation of Supergirl just ain’t it and it’s showing. This all has to do with the studio’s decision making process and not an attack on the actress.

Miss Marvel used to be drawn super sexy, long hair with juicy big butt. Now she's the poster butch for this woke generation comics "writers". Same with all those short hair heroine, god forgive they be objectified in comics these days.

Just saying, don’t use the comics to try to justify your point when it’s not even the proper supergirl you’re attempting to utilize to further your stance. :dunno
Who says the Flash version is supposed to be the proper Supergirl either? Again, Multiverse film, so all bets are off, she can be whatever they want.

From the sounds of it, you, just like WB, saw a pic of a comic panel with a Supergirl with short, black hair and said “yea she’s like that in the comics so it’s cool” without doing any actual research on who that version of Supergirl even is. She’s her own character.
And who's to say this one can't be her own version either?

You and other ppl in this thread are a little too worked up about ppl not liking this version of supergirl :lol
And other people are a little too worked up about this version not being what they wanted her to be. So...

IMG_1296.jpeg

Can’t we all just get along?

Who says the Flash version is supposed to be the proper Supergirl either? Again, Multiverse film, so all bets are off, she can be whatever they want.
And who's to say this one can't be her own version either?
Yea, I'm fully aware it's a multiverse film, and I think that's totally fine if that's how they wanted to depict her. You're the one who tried to use the comics, though, as a justification for the way she looks and back up for the statement you were making. All I was saying was that that wasn't Kara in the comics, so not accurate to use that to try to prove any points.

I've not once said that this Kara needs to be blonde haired, curvy and in a mini skirt to be the true Kara. All I've said was that the version everyone (including you) are trying to use to say "but she was like that in comics" is NOT Kara; so, it's inaccurate to say such given that her name in the movie is Kara. That's all :dunno

And other people are a little too worked up about this version not being what they wanted her to be. So...
That's true. I'm not one of those though. I was just correcting an inaccurate statement based on the context it was written in. I've said that I didn't care too much for this version, but again, I haven't been part of the group of ppl whining that she isn't the Michael Turner Supergirl or saying this version looks like a boy.

To repeat my original statement in this very thread after seeing the movie, "She was fine and looked great in the suit, but I wasn't wowed by her. Not the actress's fault, just the way she was written." Nowhere in there nor elsewhere in this thread am I worked up about her not being my version of Supergirl. If you like(d) her in the film, then great! I'm glad you do. I've got no issue with that at all. Like whoever/whatever you want.

Last edited:
Wasn't she imprisoned? I doubt the prison will offer salon services. Of course, it is a conscious decision to make it look messy and short.

I guess she should have come out of that prison with luscious hair like Fabio.

I feel like the discussion on what Supergirl should look like seems to be an event we cannot escape on this thread, no matter how many times we try. Where have I recently seen a movie about not being able to escape fate… It’s at the tip of my tongue, but I just can’t name it… I think it was a DC superhero movie that bombed…

Last edited:
Since the multiverse means anything goes, this is my favourite version of Supergirl.
View attachment 647676

This movie definitely shows her… feminine side.
I see. As a comic expert I’m going to have to investigate this version and see if it’s true to the source material. For research purposes of course.
The lotion I’m holding is only cause I get ashy during July

Back