1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Supergirl Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably first time I have ever seen HT in a mainstream feed šŸ˜†
View attachment 647541
All press is good press, right, Howard?ā€¦

Never seen anything like this so they basically have to address it now.

It also looks like sheā€™s got a pin-head situation going on.
Iā€™m sure they worked really hard on getting the costume right and how to integrate the cloak to the back section seamlessly- itā€™s just very unfortunate that they decided this was an acceptable headsculpt.

Of course, itā€™s not without precedent. We got the exact same sort of disgrace and backlash with NWH Doc Ock, who is still yet to receive a confirmed upgrade almost 1.5 years after POs went up, and heā€™s due next quarterā€¦

With the "Kubrick stare" she looks maleficent.

kubrick.jpg

To be fair, she's not very attractive and looks androgynous
Sasha isn't attractive? Who is then. I think she has a badass b**ch energy and also looks super feminine and powerful, that's why I like her.
However figure looks as a male, sorry not sorry.

"Not very attractive woman"

Screenshot_20230701_184203_Instagram.jpg

The Secret Base close up pix looked a little bit better than the dreadful announcement pix. I think they keyed into the eyes in these shots (sorry for the quality, all I could find in 2 mins) and the hair was a huge miss and the rest of her face, wellā€¦

Yes, they deliberately go ā€œandrogynousā€ on the character design, but the HT sculpt should still reflect a certain level of femininity as Sasha did. Itā€™s a hard one to do for sure.

This is now getting to a Mark 85 or Peacemaker level of fā€™ed up event with the net buzzingā€¦ HK is on holiday on Jul 1. So I think HT might put up a statement next week to try to quell thisā€¦ who knows?

IMG_1287.jpeg
IMG_1286.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone who has Facebook just leave a comment asking them politely to redo the sculpt. More feedback they get the more likely they are to upgrade it.

The forehead crease is the worst part about it. She looks good overall but I agree her likeness is tough to capture. Sculpted hair needs work near the front of her face to look more random. I still pre-ordered the trio- HT will fix it from the uproar.

The forehead crease is the worst part about it. She looks good overall but I agree her likeness is tough to capture. Sculpted hair needs work near the front of her face to look more random. I still pre-ordered the trio- HT will fix it from the uproar.

Hair test shots straight from Ms. Calleā€™s Twitter:
IMG_1288.jpeg
IMG_1289.jpeg

Where did HT get that forehead crease?

Her hair is the problem. Strong females must have short boyish/butch/tomboy looking hair. A ridiculous stereotype in and of itself to begin with. How much better would she have looked with a more traditional feminine Supergirl style haircut? She's a pretty girl.

Well, at least I guess they tried something different. And didn't go with the tried and true one side shaved and the other flipped over to the side....

Short-Side-Comb-2.jpg
dormer1-475628.jpg

Example, The Ruby Rose & The Natalie Dormer...

I guess they need to appeal to the Lesbian audience so they too can see themselves in Supergirl and wonder if she plays for their team.

Here's a whole page dedicated to those wonderful Lesbian hairstyles...

Lesbian Haircuts 2023 - 40 Bold & Beautiful Hairstyles

Does not look like a lesbian more a like a transgender. Real actress is gorgeous though.

Curse all of these woke agenda deranged women and their short hair!!! Don't they know they look like men and are offensive to my eyes. I like my eye candy a certain way and I demand my females to conform!
Your post doesn't really make much sense to me.

Supergirl's hair style for the movie was decided to be that way. A conscious decision by the movie's creatives. To convey a certain image. Sasha Calle's hair was not that style in real life when she was given the role to be Supergirl. And traditionally since her 1st appearance in1959, Supergirl has been blond with long hair. As was her portrayal by Helen Slater in the 1984 Supergirl movie, Laura Vandervoort in the Smallville TV show, and by Melissa Benoist in the most recent Supergirl CW TV show.

Are you trying to sarcastically say people who don't like her hair must be some form of ist's or phobes? You posted pictures of real women who chose their hair styles in real life. And from quite some time ago I might ad. They weren't purposefully trying to represent todays ideals. Not pictures of women playing a role of fictional characters that are strong women that were given a certain type of haircut to help in that portrayal.

:dunno

I also think Natalie Dormer looks hot as hell with that haircut...

Last edited:
Wait now it's considered woke for girls to have short hair? I can't keep up with this anymore.

The whole point was that this was supposed to be a darker and edgier Supergirl, and nothing like the blonde cheerleader type we're used to seeing. And I think her look totally captured that.
But that is becoming the problem in hollywood. In order to be a darker, edgier, strong female type, you must have a certain look. Rather than have it conveyed through characterization and writing. It must look a certain way to enforce the personality type. As soon as you see her you must know she means business and is not to be trifled with rather than looking like a traditional female and proving herself not to be messed with..

Your post doesn't really make much sense to me.

Supergirl's hair style for the movie was decided to be that way. A conscious decision by the movie's creatives. To convey a certain image. Sasha Calle's hair was not that style in real life when she was given the role to be Supergirl. And traditionally since her 1st appearance in1959, Supergirl has been blond with long hair. As was her portrayal by Helen Slater in the 1984 Supergirl movie, Laura Vandervoort in the Smallville TV show, and by Melissa Benoist in the most recent Supergirl CW TV show.

Are you trying to sarcastically say people who don't like her hair must be some form of ist's or phobes? You posted pictures of real women who chose their hair styles in real life. And from quite some time ago I might ad. They weren't purposefully trying to represent todays ideals. Not pictures of women playing a role of fictional characters that are strong women that were given a certain type of haircut to help in that portrayal.

:dunno

I also think Natalie Dormer looks hot as hell with that haircut...
I'm saying you give way too much attention to something that doesn't/shouldn't matter. She looks like that in the comics at one point, end of.

I'm saying you give way too much attention to something that doesn't/shouldn't matter. She looks like that in the comics at one point, end of.
Except it isnā€™t Kara who looks like that in the comics, itā€™s an alternate earth Supegirl named Mia Kent/Cir-El, who, in more recent comics, is a clone made by Brainiac using Loisā€™ DNA. So, yes, a supergirl looked like that in the comics, but not the one this movie is supposedly interpreting.

Back