1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Supergirl Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Pending Licensor Approval"

Ordinarily, I would suspect with press like this the approval wouldn't be granted, but it's DC, so who really knows.

I just noticed that her stand has a leg grabber instead of a waist grabber or crotch hook. The new Indiana Jones figure has a hidden leg grabber as well. That's at least an interesting new trend.
My first though there was that they’re just trying reduce the size of the flexible rod to make more savings on production.

Imagine this next to InArt's Cavill.

Yeah, yeah, that hasn't been revealed yet.

I have a $20 "Thank You" code that's about to expire and this shows as eligible right now. I may order this with the expectation that HT will fix the sculpt. If they don't fix it I'll cancel.
This is what I did. I know it will get tweaked, so might as well save $20 for a figure I know I want.

It will no doubt get tweaked, but whoever thought this was a good reveal should be fired. Talk about working AGAINST your company, geez.

They’re really getting lazy now. Can you imagine repainting the MMS 68 headsculpt and telling people It’s Sasha Calle???

Attachments

• D943C676-CC4A-411A-87C9-2625EAF27EE1.jpeg
    D943C676-CC4A-411A-87C9-2625EAF27EE1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Looking at it, I think better paintwork will bring out the likeness. The sculpt seems fine.
Yeah I kinda think the flat paint and lack of makeup is making this sculpt look far worse than it really is.

I don't have any photoshop skills, but just making her skin tone less orange already seems to help a lot.

FB_IMG_1688157606794_1_1_1.jpg

I wish an extra laser eye sculpt was included, but it surely would raise the price. The base is nice, looks like more substantial bases are being included with more releases!

Yeah I kinda think the flat paint and lack of makeup is making this sculpt look far worse than it really is.

I don't have any photoshop skills, but just making her skin tone less orange already seems to help a lot.

View attachment 647518
Her eyes are larger in real life, long eye lashes ect. Her eyes look shrunk on the sculpt, which then makes her forehead look bigger, throw in that awful soccer ball shape hairdo……it all starts to look weird then.

I’ll defend HT with this a little, she isn’t an easy one to get right. She’s pretty, but in a more androgynous sort of way. She is also naturally in a constant state of frowning. It’s a tricky one to get right i think.

Her forehead, eyes, eyebrows, nose, lip-line, jaw line, baby-fat chin, and specially her front hair.. Almost everything is wrong in the sculpt.
Who the heck approved it to show to public?

Back