1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Supergirl Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing that head sculpt really was a shocker and not in a good way.

But I'll be honest, I do see some potential with it, if Hot Toys tweaks it. As davejames mentioned, the addition of some makeup would definitely help. I also think that the lips are not full enough and that hair line needs a new design.

abduction-taylor-lautner.jpg

Hot Toys hopping on the defeminisation train as well now...

This didn't look too bad at a glance on my little phone screen but, once I opened it up on my monitor, that headsculpt stuck out like a sore thumb. Yeesh. I really expected them to do a steller job with this one but she's ended up getting the back to the future treatment.

I'd definitely recommend holding off on PO's at least for this weekend to send HT a message that changes are required.

The suit has grown on me and I really just want to add more colour to my DC display so I'll be hoping for swift updates regarding improvements. May as well join the dog-pile on fb and insta as well.

EDIT: My mate actually alerted me of this figure by sending a link and asking 'Who's this new Spider-Man?'
Yeah I was going to order this day one just because I like to get that out of the way early, but this thing is clearly not going anywhere so I can hold off a week or two to help send a message.

Although by this point I think the message has probably come through pretty strong anyway. 😆

I was thinking of Day 1 PO, but now I am holding off. I really hope they show this at The Flash HT exhibition in HK just to let us see this fig outside of these god awful announcement pictures, just to get a different perspective!

I always thought they would use her quote, “Yes, I will help you fight Zod” as the opening line on the product announcement. “What did you do?” Would have been a bit on the nose…

Last edited:
Is it just me or does this figure have a bad case of neanderthal brow?

Edit: Nevermind, reading the comments its clear that its not just me. :ROFLMAO:

Is it wrong that I still want this? sort of. Maybe?

I'm conflicted. The likeness is off BIG time though. Damn it, Hot Toys.

With this much of a groundswell on the sculpt. HT knows what they have to do. They took this figure off their banner 4 hours later and put back the Indy banner! That’s the first sign that they know it’s not right. So I have faith that HT will address this. They did it with Mark 85, they did it with Peacemaker. Recently, they did it with Shuri and Jane Foster (and Tom Holland) So, HT has a history of fixing their product announcements and I am willing to give them room to fix this one.

Then there is the other end of the spectrum where the final product not coming out remotely close to the announcement (like the Chadwick sculpt from BP movie, RIP) Those are even harder to swallow…

Personal note: I didn’t PO BP2 Shuri until 6 months after the initial announcement…

Last edited:
These 3 lines in the product descriptions just make me laugh…

Authentic and detailed likeness of Sasha Calle as Supergirl in The Flash
Movie-accurate facial expression and skin texture
Detailed hair sculpture
So she has a plastic face? Sasha Calle's a synth? Our robot overlords are amongst us! The end is nigh!

Even a website that isn’t primarily focused on figures, IGN called attention to the fact that the sculpt isn’t good. There’s no way Hot Toys doesn’t go back to the drawing board with this sculpt.

Back