1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Supergirl Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the movie doesn't make a lot of money I doubt we'll ever see this figure.

Maybe HT are just using the teaser to get more preorders for the Flash and Batman figures.

But this one was teased specifically by itself. Not as part of a group shot.

I know. But this worries me more somehow.

Given the speed at which the others were shown and Hot Toys mega poor record for transferring this sort of promo to actual production. Believe me, I am very interested in this too (more than the others in this movie). Just tempering my own expectations.

I think they also do this kind of thing when the headsculpt isn't quite ready to show yet. They probably got started on Flash and Batman early on but weren't sure if they wanted to go that deep with the line until they saw all the interest in her, so she may just not be as finalized as the others.

Only seen the trailers for the movie but this Hot Toys suit teaser is getting my hopes up for this character and figure.

The headsculpt will make or break it though.

Not familiar with this actress of her prior work.

Not familiar with this actress of her prior work.

This is her very first movie! She is a TV daytime soaps actress. She made her name in “The Young and The Restless”. She is the first Latina to play Supergirl. As you may know, all prior Supergirl actresses were white.

I am excited by this figure tease and I hope something meaningful comes out of it. Sasha deserves more than just a Supergirl Barbie!

Now that I've seen the movie, I can't say I'd get her. She was fine and looked great in the suit, but I wasn't wowed by her. Not the actress's fault, just the way she was written.

Now that I have seen it, I hope HT will follow through and release this figure. Not a lot of screen time and not a lot of development per se, but if a 20 second Iron Man can get its own figure, I don’t see why this Supergirl couldn’t get hers?

I really wish James Gunn would keep her as Supergirl, but chances are she is now a one and done Supergirl, alas… If only they had stick to the original ending…

IMG_1194.jpeg

It is a real pity that the movie bombed in its opening weekend. Sasha was great in the film. Really wished she had a future in the role. Feast your eyes on this great suit! Now I am not so sure if HT will make her now. *sob*

I can still see HT going forward with this if enough interest is there from collectors. Since they've certainly made figures from box office bombs before.
I hope it gets released, but you've got to way back to find a Hot Toys figure of a supporting female character that didn't come from a highly successful movie, TV show or franchise. Figures like Abigail Whistler from Blade Trinity, Angelica from one of the POTC films and the Amber from Sucker Punch come to mind. I guess technically the recent Yelena from Black Widow and Sylvie from Loki qualify but IMO they were co-leads in those productions so I don't count them, plus despite the drop-off in Phase 4 quality the MCU is still quite popular. Regardless, I think this Supergirl will have enough widespread appeal that it'll get released.

Of course it'll probably come down to whether or not Howard Chan wants her in his collection lol...

I hadn't noticed before that the cape has that elaborate pattern on it. I'm curious now to see it in 1/6 scale.

Well now judging by how this is doing at the box office who knows if it’ll happen or not. The film is a bomb so I wouldn’t be surprised if the figure doesn’t happen.

Honestly she’s kind of the least interesting of the heroes in the movie so not a big deal but I would get her to go with the rest.

Yeah even with all the controversy I wasn't expecting this to bomb even harder than Black Adam.

Just a shame Calle's Supergirl is going to get dragged down with it, because I have a feeling she would have been great in her own movie.

Yeah even with all the controversy I wasn't expecting this to bomb even harder than Black Adam.

Just a shame Calle's Supergirl is going to get dragged down with it, because I have a feeling she would have been great in her own movie.
Almost like Cavill. Sure, we got MoS and he appeared in the other movies, but he never got his stand alone direct sequel to MoS which he constantly hoped for to show what he really wanted from the role.

Well surely IF HT don’t end up making her, perchance a 3P might, surely as there’s some interest. :unsure:

Back