1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uhh, it looks... the same??

Here's the thing-- under ideal lighting and camera lenses, you CAN achieve that perfect Robocop look with the 2015 Silvercop release, it's just that under normal display conditions, his paint job is incredibly garish to look at. The only way to settle this once and for all is with a side by side comparison.

Is anyone truly surprised that it isn’t different?

I’ll take it though because it’s the first Robocop in my collection and I’m not passing it up.

Consider me...

robo-cop-triggered.gif

I can forgive the paint, but rubber… put joints on a robot body ffs!

Also, damaged chest plate without the corresponding helmet is just plain lazy and bad. It‘s not even the R2/R3 damage.

Yeah, it's just another cash grab release by them.
Can't even get why people still buy all releases.
I'm out.
Generally interested in 1/6, but HT-wise...pretty much out.

Whelp, sucks if the paint is truly the same, or not different enough. On the bright side, I might be getting some money back which I can use for a different figure. Waiting to see some reviews before cancelling.

Regarding the BD chest plate, wasn't that only for people who preordered through SSC within the a certain deadline?

Huh. I'd say I'm much easier to please by Hot Toys' output than many other users around here, but I'm seriously disappointed with how that RoboCop turned out. The color is off, the faceplates look very soft and there seems to be no weight to it...it just looks way cheaper than most other die cast figures by HT.

In addition to it being one of the more expensive releases...yeah, I'll probably cancel my pre-order within the next hour. :(

This is the same bait and switch crap they pulled with the first version. They showed off a proto with blue and purple tones, then mp we get chromocop. This version's proto actually looked right though, it had a glossy finish on the body with the blue and purple tones. Instead we get metallic again. Can't believe they fudged it up again.

Cancelled as this is just not collection worthy. These days I'm cutting back and setting my focus on quality. I have to be selective. I'm not paying crazy money for what is essentially a glorified Mafex figure or supporting another lazy release by a lazy company, just so I can say I've got a robocop on the shelf that I have to grimace every time I look at. I would have overlooked the rubber, but fudging the paint too... I should have expected this from them.

Cancelled as this is just not collection worthy. These days I'm cutting back and setting my focus on quality. I have to be selective. I'm not paying crazy money for what is essentially a glorified Mafex figure or supporting another lazy release by a lazy company, just so I can say I've got a robocop on the shelf that I have to grimace every time I look at. I would have overlooked the rubber, but fudging the paint too... I should have expected this from them.

Exactly.

I have the original and was looking forward to seeing something more akin to Robocop 2's colour scheme as promised on yet another prototype they had no intention of delivering. Thankfully I waited until this moment to see the thing first and boy am I glad I didn't pre-order.

On top of that, I almost pre-ordered from Big Chief. Which would've been a double (censored).

Doing it on purpose with the colour to make more money, when they rehash it and bring it out again with a new batch in 5 years time, HT’s will make it a little bit better with the colour but they won’t get it right. Not until about the 3 or 4 time which will be about ten to fifteen years.

Back