1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the same bait and switch crap they pulled with the first version. They showed off a proto with blue and purple tones, then mp we get chromocop. This version's proto actually looked right though, it had a glossy finish on the body with the blue and purple tones. Instead we get metallic again. Can't believe they fudged it up again.
It was obviously a bait but sadly this is RoboCop 3. The armor in the movie is silver. It was advertised as a Frankenstein figure. Robo 3 license with Murphy faceplate and with Robo 1 color. Luckily I am not collecting figures anymore.

Well

I don't have any robocop, so I'm still excited to get this. On the other hand, I can completely understand the frustration for those who were wanting this to have that paint job. I'm just glad its Weller's likeness.

I’ve just been looking at Robocop figures now and price wise there is some as little as £40 pounds around $60 dollars and they have got the colour better, Same figure as 2014 release with a jet pack, what rip off

Can someone enlighten a Robocop newb like me what the big let down in the paint is? I mean it does seem close to pics I’m digging up, though I haven’t seen the film in 30 years lol. Is it just that it’s too bright?

IMG_0789.jpeg

IMG_0792.jpeg

That picture is under blue light. Look at the SS video, it's silver with a tiny bit of purple. Looks nothing like the prototype pictures.

Can someone enlighten a Robocop newb like me what the big let down in the paint is? I mean it does seem close to pics I’m digging up, though I haven’t seen the film in 30 years lol. Is it just that it’s too bright?
Because it's silver chrome with lazy purple highlights, even Hot Toys knows this is wrong hence why the false marketing for almost 10 years now. The previous release was also incredibly garish in person and this new figure seems nearly identical in execution. In comparison, lesser companies have gotten much closer and they're half the size.

MAFEX-Robocop-Gallery-037.jpg

Also, how the hell have you not watch the original Robocop in 30 years? How does that even happen? :eek:

So, usually when these prototypes are announced, they might still need licensee approval. Do you think the licensee said it was too similar to robocop 1 and said to change it?

Even sadder is they’ll keep the license anyway so that no other company might do it justice
I’m not sure that is going to cut it anymore. With Inart and other companies doing 1/6 now, whoever owns RoboCop (is it Lionsgate?) could pull the rights away from HT and sell it to someone else if they are not making money from it.

I’m glad my no PO policy is paying off.

Almost nobody likes Robocop 3 (or wants it).
They teased Weller in Robocop 2 blue (but tagged it Robocop 3 due to licensing)
They've released the 2014 Robocop with one less (important) accessory (the damaged helmet that matches the chest plate) but with accessories the majority of people would never display it with.

It's probably "fine" for those that missed the original. It's definitely not fine for those that waited for (or own the original) an improved release after almost a decade.

If my original Robo is still in great condition, with no breaks or issues with the rubber, is this still worth having in my collection? The jet pack and gun arm will never leave the box.

Ha! I know, I need to go back and rewatch it. I seem to remember Robocop2 being even darker and more violent than the first film.

Even though I don’t know the differences in the armor colors etc. I get the desire for accuracy from purists. I’ve been trying to nail down an accurately colored BVS trinity, and HT has gotten nowhere close yet, nor has InArt with there wonky Superman suit.
MAFEX-Robocop-Gallery-037.jpg

Also, how the hell have you not watch the original Robocop in 30 years? How does that even happen? :eek:

If my original Robo is still in great condition, with no breaks or issues with the rubber, is this still worth having in my collection? The jet pack and gun arm will never leave the box.

I'd say no. SAVE your money.
Mine is also perfectly fine and this (so far) looks less than a single digit percent better.

I too am surprised at my own surprise at how this has come out. I kinda had convinced myself that the point of this release - even from Hot Toys' point of view - was to fix the paint screwup of the MMS202. The prototype pics and description seemed as specific as Hot Toys ever gets, with what appeared to be a noticeably different colour scheme.

Sigh.

Chromocop back on the streets, blinding criminals - heck, blinding everyone - with the blazing sunlight reflected off his armour.

Congratulations Hot Toys, your unique deafness to customer criticism is really quite something to behold. As it was with ED-209, so it is here once again.

^ That isn't a good example. This is more accurate to robocop 3:
View attachment 661719
View attachment 661720
He was always more blue/purple in 3. Of course, nothing comes close to the super blue that he was in 2 but he was never ChromoCop that Hot Toys seems to keep producing.

Oh well, like I said, maybe in 10 years they'll try again with a Robocop 2 sticker slapped on it. I didn't preorder this in fear of this happening again and of course, they manage to pull it off wonderfully.

Q63nVeM.jpg

Clk4EgI.jpg

dAJZX5n.png

Back