1/6 Hot Toys - POTC5 - Jack Sparrow Figure (Artisan Edition + Regular) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sheen may not be accurate, but it does give an appearance of dimension that the cloth bandana doesn't have right now, IMO. It may just be an artifact of the bright lighting at Secret Base, but the Artisan bandana looks very flat -- not much highlight, not much shadow. Whereas the light reflecting off the DX bandana reads more "correctly" to the eye to some of us, since it more clearly demonstrates the shape.
I also believe your eye accepts certain elements at that scale. I have a few figures with sculpted hair that have a shine that would not be present on actual hair, but it doesn't "read" as inaccurate due to the scale, and frankly the impressive work on the hair sculpt. To each their own on this topic, but the asking price for faux hair is not value for the money IMO, as on-the-shelf those details blend together in a pleasing way, thus this zoomed in focus doesn't matter. (y) And there is still that "Barbie" effect of hair use.

Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet. But a friend brought to my attention that only the two lower belts will be real leather. The baldric however is not...and maybe it's still pleather like the DX06/15? The gator belt was always rubber so that shouldn't be a problem, the baldric not being real leather is real disappointing and I might cancel my Artisan PO because of this.

- One (1) dark brown leather-like patterned shoulder band with saber sheath

View attachment 696317
I'm sure it will be sculpted. Won't be getting that detail in pleather.

I can't believe it's been 1 week since the drop. Feels like yesterday but also feels like so long ago. Can't wait till I get the Artisan in hand. Going to be a gem 💎

Feels like yesterday but also feels like so long ago. Can't wait till I get the Artisan in hand. Going to be a gem 💎
Yeah I know. It will be a while but Edward was good enough to offer keeping Jack's rum bottle safe on the Jackdaw until he sails into port. Until then we'll keep a weather eye on the horizon. 🐑:cool:🏴‍☠️
Untitled-1.jpg

Somalian pirates were attacking ships heavily about 10-15 years ago. Haven't heard much about them in a while.
Yup that's why I said in this case... these pirates aren't the ones attacking Tom Hanks' cargo ship but rather just attacking the wallets of anyone wanting sold out collectibles. Cheers - JC

Anyone know if the ship wheel comes off the deluxe/Artisan base the same way it does on the collector edition?

Thought I mention a pit peve of mine. HT always releases Jack since Dx06 with his shirt untucked. It was always annoying seeing it on the figure that I've always had to take mine apart and tuck it in to look right. They did here also but the difference now is you don't see it as much because the vest is longer and more accurate, unless you remove the jacket and see it from the sides. But thankfully I'll probably leave the jacket on completely and be happy with it out the box. Just a bit of a nitpick that isn't to serious. Lol
1000003335.jpg

It is amazing the amount of DX15s that have hit ebay!

Great time to buy a DX15.
Yeah there are many, but those listings show $300 and above for preowned and around $500 or way more for "new." If you already got DX15 then cool, it's a good figure. But curious why anyone in the market would drop that kind of coin on an old release like DX15 when they can have the new DX for $300 or even less for the CE one? All have a much better likeness and updated wardrobe, etc. Even the zombie shark dio is not that cool.

I would imagine needing to see DX15 for half the price of the new DX before considering buying it. I always wonder in situations like this if eBay sellers are just hoping buyers don't know they can get same thing or better for less money through retail channels. Anyway eBay is usually last resort for getting something I absolutely can't find elsewhere although I did just buy a tiny DX06 rum bottle to go with my artisan Jack on eBay and paid more for that than a sane non-collector would pay for a tiny plastic bottle. :unsure:

Cheers JC

I would imagine needing to see DX15 for half the price of the new DX before considering buying it. I always wonder in situations like this if eBay sellers are just hoping buyers don't know they can get same thing or better for less money through retail channels.

I'm sure its that.

I think folks underestimate the number of people that are impatient. Likeness is subjective, the smiling sculpt everyone agrees is better on the new one but a lot of folks (me included) think the serious sculpt is better on the DX15. Plus maybe some folks like the old diorama better.

There might be folks who are huge POTC fans that are happy to get both, one now, one later. Or are just happy to get one now. If a new Terminator was announced and you've been waiting for ever, maybe you'd be happy to drop $300 on the DX13 if you've been coveting it forever.

Anyway eBay is usually last resort for getting something I absolutely can't find elsewhere although I did just buy a tiny DX06 rum bottle to go with my artisan Jack on eBay and paid more for that than a sane non-collector would pay for a tiny plastic bottle. :unsure:
Same here friend - do you mind me asking how much you spent I want to know if I've been silly with the purchase :ROFLMAO:
I spent $15 + shipping

Back