1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not a “good” movie for many reasons Shang chi is not a good movie (conventional writing rules, plot holes, etc.) but I had fun watching it. I vaguely remember a pretty large plot hole about how long a symbiote can take hold of an imperfect host. So you have to kind of turn your brain off like that.

It’s not a “good” movie for many reasons Shang chi is not a good movie (conventional writing rules, plot holes, etc.) but I had fun watching it. I vaguely remember a pretty large plot hole about how long a symbiote can take hold of an imperfect host. So you have to kind of turn your brain off like that.
You have to turn your brain off for every superhero movie cause none of it makes any real sense.

Haha appreciate the feedback guys. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually since it's Marvel, but I boycotted it the first time around when it released in theaters hoping to do my part in making sure the movie bombed so Marvel could get Spidey rights back...well, so much for my efforts! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really don’t like the story of venom, not true to its roots
no reason he shouldn’t have been introduced without Spider-Man being involved
maybe it was a licensing issue, but still not right imo

im a huge McFarlane fan and bought amazing Spider-Man back when venom came out
I think venom is mcfarlanes top character , trumping spawn

im a huge McFarlane fan and bought amazing Spider-Man back when it came out
Same, I don't like the origin at all. I can't stand the dumb way Tom Hardy plays Eddie Brock, or the forced comedy between him and the symbiote. That's not the symbiote portrayal I want.

A realistic version of Venom from the 90's cartoon is what I've wanted to see in live action since SM3. Even now, he's still awesome in that.

im a huge McFarlane fan and bought amazing Spider-Man back when venom came out
It was avi arad and some idiots at Sony trying to make there own universe while capitalizing off the mcu.

Same, I don't like the origin at all. I can't stand the dumb way Tom Hardy plays Eddie Brock, or the forced comedy between him and the symbiote. That's not the symbiote portrayal I want.

A realistic version of Venom from the 90's cartoon is what I've wanted to see in live action since SM3. Even now, he's still awesome in that.
This one looks even worse on the humor. Also venom sounds so stupid in the new one

I actually enjoyed the movie. Excited to see the second one. Funny how Venom calls themselves losers.

I know “That 70’s Show” Venom was more true to the origins but never really liked the way Venom was portrayed.

I actually enjoyed the movie. Excited to see the second one. Funny how Venom calls themselves losers.

I know “That 70’s Show” Venom was more true to the origins but never really liked the way Venom was portrayed.
The movie wasn’t too bad
much like a venom comic series that had its own story run

This figure looks 10/10 until I see the joints, especially for the legs. Only thing keeping me on the fence.

E0248912-2658-4B24-8516-26EA57FDEE0E.jpeg

I don't like his feet. I hate when Venom has toes/claw feet. Looks stupid. I'm just too used to all the original McFarlane & Larson art. When Venom was more like a costume on top of a human (other than his head). I own and read all those comics the day they were released. I don't remember when or who started giving him toes but it drives me crazy.

:rotfl

Also I think his head is too small. Movie accurate or not (haven't seen it and don't plan too). For me he is not Venom without having his origin tied to Spider-Man. Just some scifi movie about an alien symbiote that somehow came to earth and bonded with some idiot named Eddie Brock.

I don't like his feet. I hate when Venom has toes/claw feet. Looks stupid. I'm just too used to all the original McFarlane & Larson art. When Venom was more like a costume on top of a human (other than his head). I own and read all those comics the day they were released. I don't remember when or who started giving him toes but it drives me crazy.

:rotfl

Also I think his head is too small. Movie accurate or not (haven't seen it and don't plan too). For me he is not Venom without having his origin tied to Spider-Man. Just some scifi movie about an alien symbiote that somehow came to earth and bonded with some idiot named Eddie Brock.
I don't get the hate for the film outside of the origin story, seeing as most Marvel films don't follow the origins 100% also but to each their own. I think most Marvel films (including this one) take some inspiration from the ultimate Marvel comics series that started in the early 2000s. I believe that is the first time Venom is drawn with claws and feet no Spider symbol either at least not until later. To me the movie at least gave us a better Venom then the Spider-man 3 version even if that one had an accurate origin and "apparently" was a bit closer to McFarlane's version in some ways I just hated the way that version screeched, super annoying. Lol

I don't get the hate for the film outside of the origin story, seeing as most Marvel films don't follow the origins 100% also but to each their own. I think most Marvel films (including this one) take some inspiration from the ultimate Marvel comics series that started in the early 2000s. I believe that is the first time Venom is drawn with claws and feet no Spider symbol either at least not until later. To me the movie at least gave us a better Venom then the Spider-man 3 version even if that one had an accurate origin and "apparently" was a bit closer to McFarlane's version in some ways I just hated the way that version screeched, super annoying. Lol
I honestly dislike it cause it feels like an way for avi arad to keep Spider-Man away from the mcu like he seems to want. It just felt so out of nowhere for the film to be made.

I disliked the first Venom movie because they made Eddie Brock a dweeb and the comedy was cringe. Personally I don't care that the origin veered away from that of the comic and I thought that the one in Spider-Man 3 was a lot worse - what are the chances that the symbiote would land right where Spider-Man was at that exact moment? Obviously the comedy aspect is subjective, but the symbiote is just not a joke cracker and doesn't partake in slapstick comedy.
The trailer for Venom 2 makes it look even worse than the first movie - cooking breakfast, really?
That said, if you liked the movie that's great as I'm sure there are movies I love which you don't rate as well.

SPOILERS FOR VENOM 2: he doesn't get the spider symbol. I read a recap of the whole film.

Back