1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice review - the heads up you provided on the hip area is very much appreciated. Glad to see you were able to fix that tongue break fairly easily. Hopefully the repair is not something you'll notice while he's on display.

FYI - That box design with the plastic tray attached to the back side of the front flap was fairly common with early HT figures. As I recall my HT Resident Evil Chris Redfield and HT RE Alice both had that type packaging, plus either my Takara or Medicom Batman (maybe both?) was packaged that way. But I think it has been quite a while since anyone's used that approach.

Hope Hot Toys also does a Venom figure for Spider-Man 2.

GIWF25p.png

I still want the figure but the peeling that was shown in Jeddah patrols video does make me pause to see if this is a bigger issue for other collectors. I think I still have a couple of months before Sideshow starts shipping this out. We will probably know if a venom 2 version is coming by then.

Definitely in love with how this figure looks it's going to look great next to classic suit spidey from the game. If they make a Venom 2 figure and he has the spider symbol I'll get that in a heart beat same with Carnage.

Sideshow shipping has been crazy for me. Transitioning away from them, once I’m done with my PO on flex pay, the only figures I will consider is free shipping/sales. Check out estimate on shipping for Venom.
8F8BFDB7-00A3-4E79-854C-CA961BAB9B53.png

My experience with Sideshow as an International customer has been dreadful. I ordered a Kylo Ren back in May, it got shipped in late July, somehow it got stuck in customs here, FedEx sent it back, Sideshow received it three days later, and they refuse to refund me. They've been ducking responses and not answering emails unless pressed for about a month now. Somehow they were going to charge 140 euros on import fees and FedEx just took them from the refund. I paid 260 and got 70 back, so I'm 190 euros down and I have no figure. I'll be cancelling all of my POs with them and going with a mix of ToysWonderland, BBTS and maybe some local stores. I've had great transactions with both TW & BBTS and my import tax fee was the usual 24%, none of this 140-euro-fee-for-a-260-euro-package nonsense. That's around 55% of the figure's worth! TW's coupons alone make it better for me. Plus, it's my go-to place for older figures.

Last edited:
Sideshow shipping has been crazy for me. Transitioning away from them, once I’m done with my PO on flex pay, the only figures I will consider is free shipping/sales. Check out estimate on shipping for Venom.View attachment 537890
I moved away from them completely as of late last year. The payment plans just don’t work for me (usually over a four month period… which is too much if you have several figures), the flexibility is there, but ultimately limited and the shipping… my God the shipping… upwards of $80-$100 AUD. No thanks. I’d rather use the partial.ly payment plan provided by both Sugo Toys and Toys Wonderland.
I dumped all of my reward points on the Falcon Captain America, and I had Cable booked with reward points from a while ago… so those two will be the final figures I source from Sideshow. Not to mention the utterly ridiculous change to obtaining rewards points from codes to whatever the hell you want to call what they do now. Ugh… No thanks.

Back