1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultron should have a boxy head and a bull neck, like a prize fighter...

382.gif

i am happy with this head sculpt even without the led turned on!
this angry face and refined panel lines at the nose area is a big improvement
over the previous version, i believe!

View attachment 195504

Looking better, the neck is my only remaining issue really. Will get this when its released, also hoping for the Ulitimate version to be made.

Hopefully they're still willing to improve on this a little more. That neck is just not doing it for me. That's a huge part of the menacing look, nobody is intimidated by a giraffe!!

Hopefully they're still willing to improve on this a little more. That neck is just not doing it for me. That's a huge part of the menacing look, nobody is intimidated by a giraffe!!

You ever see them fight? I'd be intimidated.

This needs to happen. Not a difficult fix either if they are doing this figure digitally either. literally just needs thicker shoulders, neck

This is coming from someone who does digital models for fabrication for a living as well haha, so all the nay sayers having a whinge about the complex engineering transferring the screen model to a figure can shhh. hahaha.

Untitled-3.jpg

Bar my ****** potateoshop. You guys get the point.

This needs to happen. Not a difficult fix either if they are doing this figure digitally either. literally just needs thicker shoulders, neck

This is coming from someone who does digital models for fabrication for a living as well haha, so all the nay sayers having a whinge about the complex engineering transferring the screen model to a figure can shhh. hahaha.

View attachment 196646

"....have you been juicing?"

But that really does look better. A lot better. Especially on the neck.

View attachment 196646

It depends on how they are making it. And where they are in the process. If it's been approved by marvel they can't change it. If they have he tooling made they won't.

You must hate having to repeat this all the time, huh? XD

No, not really. Most people may have heard it or glossed over it or don't care..but maybe someone wants to have a better understanding of how things may work. If you read along and all you see is a post like that and then the final figure doesn't change you may get upset and wonder why they didn't do this simple fix. This way you at least have a possible reason. Most of the time the two people involved in a discusion on opposing views have about zero chance of changing the other persons view. That's not generally what I'm attempting to do. It's for those just reading along looking for information. Most the time anyway.

If you where joking or taking a shot at me my bad for wasting your time. I answered like it was a real(ish)question/comment

No, not really. Most people may have heard it or glossed over it or don't care..but maybe someone wants to have a better understanding of how things may work. If you read along and all you see is a post like that and then the final figure doesn't change you may get upset and wonder why they didn't do this simple fix. This way you at least have a possible reason. Most of the time the two people involved in a discusion on opposing views have about zero chance of changing the other persons view. That's not generally what I'm attempting to do. It's for those just reading along looking for information. Most the time anyway.

If you where joking or taking a shot at me my bad for wasting your time. I answered like it was a real(ish)question/comment

No I wasn't at all, actually. I love your posts. They really give a good insight into how these things are made. It's interesting stuff. I just noticed that people always whine about proportions and such on figures me included and you always state the same response. I'd hate to always have to repeat myself on things like that. XD

What they need to do is change the head sculpt so that it looks great without the LED and even better with it. To me it looks terrible without it right now.

What they need to do is change the head sculpt so that it looks great without the LED and even better with it. To me it looks terrible without it right now.

Yea I agree actually. But I think the way the figure was design by the studio makes that a pretty hard thing to achieve. And there's always a choice between cost and benefit unfortunetly. Like..why put all that detail and work into something you can't see when it's lights are on..type of thing. Like I said, I agree with you. Just understand why things are like they are. The sentry they tried that. And when you see close ups you can see the paint. I'd prefer it just look great in one state (lights or or lights off) opposed to ok in both.

My point is that if they are creating to figure digitally and printing out the pieces then it wouldn't be a huge setback for them to thicken that area of the shoulders and parts of the neck. Prototyping-wise to alter an existing 3d model, especially an area like that would take a few days. A day or so to have the modelling done/altered (if not less, especially if the modelers are professional with years of experience which I'm assuming they would be) and a day or two to print the piece.

Cant help but see a giraffe now after looking at those images. I do have to say, that the rest of the figure looks superb. Its just the shoulders and neck that make it feel so off, it loses a lot of dominance in the characters silhouette that Prime has in the film.

But that's just my opinion hey. I'd rather spend my $450-$500 on a badass and dominating figure that didn't skip shoulders day at the gym, than giraffetron. Hahaha.

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back