1/6 Hot Toys - MMS688D53 - The Avengers - Iron Man Mark VI (2.0) with Suit-Up Gantry Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this sculpt but is this supposed to be the HISHE version?

Screenshot_2023-01-28-00-29-29.png

I would love it if they made a NEW house party protocol armor or 15.
The HPP armors are the only thing that would get me back into collecting Hot Toys now. The last one we got was announced over 5.5 years ago though and it was a shades which was a repaint of Shotgun. The last with a completely new mold I believe was actually Shotgun which was over 7.5 years ago.

And I think the only reason they were pushing out so many of the HPP armors was because of competition from King Arts. Hot Toys seems to be very reactive to competition. I remember them announcing their diecast Iron Patriot right after Play Imaginative did. So if there's no one else making these, I don't think Hot Toys are planning to make anymore. Which is a real bummer. I was hoping to have the whole HPP protocol.

So on the original baby-gantry base that came with the diecast Mark VI, the arms could slide up and down the gold ring to change their position, as well as fold away into the ring (some old old photos of mine).

86322D96-416C-48E0-B1C5-98E816F9D8AA.jpeg

24841640-66E4-4F1E-A607-D90EFD7BB7A9.jpeg

But on the new fullscale deal, I see that there are just fixed positions the arms plug in to. Hopefully they’re magnetic instead of friction fit so they’re easy enough to unplug and move around.

88CB4441-7889-49F4-9ABE-3C6EE0F6AF6E.jpeg

Then if a person wants the armless look, they don’t fold away but rather just get removed.

9D615417-FD59-4A70-887B-14349745D9B7.jpeg

Nice they finally split the helmet up, the lack of that has always looked really dumb in these gantry releases

5qCAS9G.png

Still marketing IM2 damage under an Avengers logo though. Of course a real Avengers BD couldn't be done with 2 swap outs, so take the lazy route as usual

bgZodc9.png

3uhheXm.png

vs

BCloetL.png

The interesting thing is that the PlayToys Ko of the diecast MK6 came with swap out IM2 and Avengers BD chest and faceplates as well as generic BD swap out biceps, thighs and shoulders. Sorta surprised but also not that HT didn’t take from and include those here. Their RDJ helmeted head also had a light up feature too so you didn’t have to swap the heads to light up the eyes.

1674942356102.jpeg

1674942392408.jpeg

Last edited:
I was always disappointed at HT's lack of effort on the BD parts for the diecast releases. The original plastic Mark VI had more swap out parts and entire battle damaged switch out arm. View attachment 620458
Agreed. I was thinking that if we were to get another go at the mk6 that it would be a diecast version of that one from IM2 and not just a re-release of the previous Avengers version. Especially considering how good the 1/4 IM2 mk6 looks. Then we’d have a base to go along with the War Machine mk1 reissue

Last edited:
so in all the pics of this i have seen the gantry never closes up at the top doesnt this seem odd or do you think this was a way to reduce the height. i believe the 3rd party version did close.

So on the original baby-gantry

Lol @ baby-gantry :lol

I kinda wish they'd included that stand with the regular version.

base that came with the diecast Mark VI, the arms could slide up and down the gold ring to change their position, as well as fold away into the ring (some old old photos of mine).

View attachment 620406
View attachment 620407

But on the new fullscale deal, I see that there are just fixed positions the arms plug in to. Hopefully they’re magnetic instead of friction fit so they’re easy enough to unplug and move around.

View attachment 620408

Then if a person wants the armless look, they don’t fold away but rather just get removed.

View attachment 620409

Good observations! I'm curious to know how functional the gantry is.

Nice they finally split the helmet up, the lack of that has always looked really dumb in these gantry releases

5qCAS9G.png

That new split helmet is a nice touch! I'm probably going to use it for the OG gantry.

Still marketing IM2 damage under an Avengers logo though. Of course a real Avengers BD couldn't be done with 2 swap outs, so take the lazy route as usual

bgZodc9.png

3uhheXm.png

vs

BCloetL.png

Yeah the helicarrier really scuffed the whole suit up, so a proper separate figure may have to have been made.

Last edited:
so in all the pics of this i have seen the gantry never closes up at the top doesnt this seem odd or do you think this was a way to reduce the height. i believe the 3rd party version did close.

It never closed up in the film, it's two half circles that drop down under the walkway.

Avengers version...but the BD is still the same IM2 version.

Is this really a 2.0?
No. If purchased without the gantry, you’re just getting a different Tony head and a lesser base compared to the diecast 1.0.

It’s just a new opportunity to get the VI for those that missed it. The gantry set is another story though.

look again its a full upright ring until he is on the 4th light up step then it splits
Huh, you’re right. And the stairs are behind him before a single piece of the suit is removed. This 1:9 scale transformable version is actually more accurate:

I don’t believe the rings move at all on the Hot Toys version - looks identical in every photo apart from plugging in the arms at various different points. But I actually think having the stairs make up the majority of the base is aesthetically more pleasing for a diorama piece.

look again its a full upright ring until he is on the 4th light up step then it splits

Yes but the point at which Tony is 'inside' the ring it's split. Also it's not tall enough to fit him in otherwise.

But yes it's a full ring until that point.

Back