Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calling it now…we will never see another new DC movie directed by Zack Snyder again.
Feel free to look forward to Rebel Moon and more Army of the Dead…expecting to see another Snyder DC movie feels like expecting to see Godfather IV starring Marlon Brando.

Calling it now…we will never see another new DC movie directed by Zack Snyder again.
Feel free to look forward to Rebel Moon and more Army of the Dead…expecting to see another Snyder DC movie feels like expecting to see Godfather IV starring Marlon Brando.
How much you wanna bet they turn the jl 2 and 3 into comics or make it animated?

I'm no Snyder fan-boy, but I genuinely really, really enjoyed his Justice League movie.
In fact it is one of my favourite Comic-book movies & I would love to see him get a chance to conclude the story he wanted to tell.
Plus I am a sucker for self-fulfilling prophecies, "you can't fight fate" & the Bad Guy wins tropes so the Knightmare visions/future/alternate world scenes shown really intrigue me.
I see no issue with letting Snyder complete his story while WB keep doing other experimental things with no real relation like The Batman (which deserves its own cinematic universe of movies/tv shows etc) and Joker - both of which were brilliant.
Having a single cinematic universe was fun in the MCU, but I genuinely feel like as a business model its had its day - let the MCU do what makes it great while other franchises carve out their own niches/tell their own stories without worrying if they are measuring up.
Best of both worlds.

Having a single cinematic universe was fun in the MCU, but I genuinely feel like as a business model its had its day
I think I have to agree with you. They heyday of the MCU is over and ended with Endgame. Ever since that movie they are grasping at straws trying to connect literally everything by opening up the multiverse. And it worked and was fun with No Way Home, but it will have lost its power the next time they pull the same trick. Phase IV feels more disconnected than ever. A lot of it just feels like content trying to connect dots. Content that's hard to keep track of with (questionable) D+shows besides the movies.

Anyway, I haven't really been keeping up with all the news around Discovery/WB and not really sure when we actually could get some announcements, but I'd definitely watch Snyder's continuation of his story. I think it can coexist next to other films like The Batman or Joker which were great as well. Hopefully the new powers-that-be over there see it this way as well.

Have you guys seen the leaked script for The Flash? It’s to be taken with a salt-lick block obviously. But if it’s real, seriously, it could end up being a train wreck. It feels like they’re using no restraint at all in using the multiverse concept. Let’s just toss everything into a stew pot. And I think the expectation that there’s a huge market for nostalgia from CBMs of earlier eras is actually a big mistake. It worked for Spider-Man NWH because McGuire and Garfield iterations are both close enough technologically and in tone to the present era.

As for MCU I’ll be honest that I did not enjoy Loki much at all. For me it overindulged in the multiverse concept, the continual jumping around between universes and variants and whatnot quickly got tiring for me.

Agree with others here that the MCU is beginning to falter big time. It was great up until Endgame, for sure. But by now it has become so heavily formulaic that that’s in the forefront of my mind when trying to get into it. I stopped watching Hawkeye midway because I honestly didn’t care what was happening in the story or to any of the characters. The Eternals is imo much better than most give it credit for, but again its relies on the same sort of familiar sets of formulas and tone that has by now for me become boring. I’m waiting to watch NWH once it becomes available for free (well, with no premium fee to watch) on Disney +. Not sure if I’ll bother with Moon Knight any time soon since that character came along after I stopped reading comics as a teenager, and I’m unfamiliar with him. I’m sure I’ll give that show a go eventually but I feel no urgency to watch it currently.

I think what Zack Snyder had planned for time travel via the speed force for his five film saga… his elseworld CBM opera, if you will… feels a lot more focused and like it has much more weight and substance to it. It would have more gravitas than anything the MCU has done thus far. Darkseid decimating the planet, terraforming earth into a living hell, and mind-controling Superman, etc. Dramatically that just feels like like the emotional stakes would be higher than “the Snap.” I think it will certainly borrow from Final Crisis but be much more focused.

i still believe that we will have an announcement of Snyder returning to complete the saga. I think it will happen most likely as a HBO Max TV series which will begin after Zack completes Rebel Moon. I think all the actors will return to film it. (If Ezra is fired they’ll have to recast.)

But with that being said, if WBD is going to continue the Snyderverse as it’s own pocket plane universe… and this depends of course on the rumor that Ben Affleck has had a change of heart turns out to be true… then in the near term we could see Ben Affleck tell his solo film story versus Deathstroke, although there too it would most most likely be a short series on HBO Max. And I think we will see two more Henry Cavill solo Superman films for theater release. I also believe we would also see Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, and Atom films. So there’s plenty of content to release in this universe before Zack can get to work on JL 2 and 3.

Last edited:
Have you guys seen the leaked script for The Flash? It’s to be taken with a salt-lick block obviously. But if it’s real, seriously, it could end up being a train wreck. It feels like they’re using no restraint at all in using the multiverse concept. Let’s just toss everything into a stew pot. And I think the expectation that there’s a huge market for nostalgia from CBMs of earlier eras is actually a big mistake. It worked for Spider-Man NWH because McGuire and Garfield iterations are both close enough technologically and in tone to the present era.

As for MCU I’ll be honest that I did not enjoy Loki much at all. For me it overindulged in the multiverse concept, the continual jumping around between universes and variants and whatnot quickly got tiring for me.

Agree with others here that the MCU is beginning to falter big time. It was great up until Endgame, for sure. But by now it has become so heavily formulaic that that’s in the forefront of my mind when trying to get into it. I stopped watching Hawkeye midway because I honestly didn’t care what was happening in the story or to any of the characters. The Eternals is imo much better than most give it credit for, but again its relies on the same sort of familiar sets of formulas and tone that has by now for me become boring. I’m waiting to watch NWH once it becomes available for free (well, with no premium fee to watch) on Disney +. Not sure if I’ll bother with Moon Knight any time soon since that character came along after I stopped reading comics as a teenager, and I’m unfamiliar with him. I’m sure I’ll give that show a go eventually but I feel no urgency to watch it currently.

I think what Zack Snyder had planned for time travel via the speed force for his five film saga… his elseworld CBM opera, if you will… feels a lot more focused and like it has much more weight and substance to it. It would have more gravitas than anything the MCU has done thus far. Darkseid decimating the planet, terraforming earth into a living hell, and mind-controling Superman, etc. Dramatically that just feels like like the emotional stakes would be higher than “the Snap.” I think it will certainly borrow from Final Crisis but be much more focused.

i still believe that we will have an announcement of Snyder returning to complete the saga. I think it will happen most likely as a HBO Max TV series which will begin after Zack completes Rebel Moon. I think all the actors will return to film it. (If Ezra is fired they’ll have to recast.)

But with that being said, if WBD is going to continue the Snyderverse as it’s own pocket plane universe… and this depends of course on the rumor that Ben Affleck has had a change of heart turns out to be true… then in the near term we could see Ben Affleck tell his solo film story versus Deathstroke, although there too it would most most likely be a short series on HBO Max. And I think we will see two more Henry Cavill solo Superman films for theater release. I also believe we would also see Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, and Atom films. So there’s plenty of content to release in this universe before Zack can get to work on JL 2 and 3.
I'll be happy if you're only right on half of that !!! :p

It has begun.

Kilar resigns from WB.

Tobey i’m looking at you lol

With the success of Peacemaker and The Batman, I expect Walter Hamada will stick around as well. TBH, Kilar and Sarnoff being fired seemed way less to do with the Snyderverse and way more to do with the choice to do the day and date releases being disastrous for the studio's talent relation. After Nolan told WB to go **** itself and took his Oppenheimer movie to Universal, Kilar's days were numbered.

Last edited:

With the success of Peacemaker and The Batman, I expect Walter Hamada will stick around as well. TBH, Kilar and Sarnoff being fired seemed way less to do with the Snyderverse and way more to do with the choice to do the day and date releases being disastrous for the studio's talent relation. After Nolan told WB to go **** itself and took his Oppenheimer movie to Universal, Kilar's days were numbered.

For now......

In this sort of situation you don't go in firing everyone all at once. You start at the top, replace them to secure stability, then move to the next layers when you have people ready to replace. They need to keep the business running.

Discovery may even simply wait for Emmerich's contract to end (which isn't that long I believe), and use him to show the new people around.

Or the people who kept saying he was gone were full of crap, lol. Look, I know certain grifters posing as experts have been telling fans for months he and Hamada would be gotten rid of by Zaslav, but at a certain point it starts to seem like the "Here's how ___ can still win" memes from years past.

I wasn’t aware that the person who Kilar replaced was the one who approved the 70 million Snyder cut and that he was replaced because of that approval.

Is that true?

I wasn’t aware that the person who Kilar replaced was the one who approved the 70 million Snyder cut and that he was replaced because of that approval.

Is that true?
Pretty much I think. There were two guys from an older HBO division who approved it I think, can't remember their names. But Emmerich can't have been happy haha. Just shows how much he let his ego get in the way, as he would be shown to have made a terrible decision to let Wheadon in.

It was actualy two AT&T execs, Kevin Reilly and Robert Greenblatt, that championed and pushed through completion of ZSJL. Interestingly both left shortly after succeeding with that. Kilar was at the helm at that time but completing and releasing the Snyder cut was Reilly’s and Greenblatt’s baby.

Back