Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are robot zombies. Metal skulls, blue eyes, sparks fly out when they get shot.

I mentioned it to my friend and he didn't notice it either.

q1O5VFY.png

Not confused at all, it's literally a robot zombie. I googled it and Snyder mentions it in an interview, although it's never touched on in the movie or actually explained by him.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/army-of-the-dead-robot-zombies-explained-zack-snyder/

I was wondering about that...
So yeah, Netflix is looking for its own Zombie Franchise.
When is Lost Vegas going to be released?

I noticed the robot zombie but didn't care enough about the movie to go looking for an explanation for it after I finished watching it.

I figured it was just something Snyder snuck in for fun to see if people would notice.

What a dopey movie this was. What was with the absurdly elaborate efforts to trick zombies into walking onto the vault pressure plates when there were bodies littered all around them that they could have easily and safely just tossed onto the plates instead?

And the head zombie somehow rushes down off the roof of a skyscraper, gets on his zombie horse and STILL outruns a freaking helicopter? :lol

Guy climbs out of a bunker at ground zero of a nuclear blast minutes after it detonates and suffers no ill effects?

And what was with the weirdly ambiguous off screen deaths of safe cracker dude and blonde chick? So bizarre.

And if the point of the mission all along was to retrieve the zombie queen's head why didn't Tanaka just offer $50 million of his own money for them to just off her immediately after they entered the city, lol. Or hell like 5 or 10 million since they wouldn't have even needed that big a team.

So, Khev ... did you write this Pitch Meeting sketch???

Oh wow spot on, lol.

That's right the saw guy never actually used his saw past the opening credits did he. :slap

And I totally forgot about them needing a safe cracker in the first place. I do remember thinking it was weird that Tanaka didn't just give them the combination, lol.

Robot zombies, wait what? :lol

EDIT: Yeah and what the hell was the point of mentioning that rain makes frozen zombies come back to life, lol.

Last edited:
I have been so horny to get back to the theater so I decided this movie would mark my triumphant return...zero regrets. I'm not a Snyder fanboy but I will admit to loving totally stupid zombie movies. The dumber the better. Sure the plot had holes, the story made no sense, the acting was awful, but we got a Braveheart zombie riding a horse and wearing a bulletproof helmet. We got a gotdang zombie tiger ripping a dude's face clean off. We got topless zombie showgirls. We got a cute little zombie fetus. We got big Dave kicking ass. This whole breakout was caused by road head! Maybe I'm just a 13 year old but I had a blast watching this thing in the theater and I am going to rate it as mikedanger's favorite Covid pandemic movie of all time!

What a dopey movie this was. What was with the absurdly elaborate efforts to trick zombies into walking onto the vault pressure plates when there were bodies littered all around them that they could have easily and safely just tossed onto the plates instead?

And the head zombie somehow rushes down off the roof of a skyscraper, gets on his zombie horse and STILL outruns a freaking helicopter? :lol

Guy climbs out of a bunker at ground zero of a nuclear blast minutes after it detonates and suffers no ill effects?

And what was with the weirdly ambiguous off screen deaths of safe cracker dude and blonde chick? So bizarre.

And if the point of the mission all along was to retrieve the zombie queen's head why didn't Tanaka just offer $50 million of his own money for them to just off her immediately after they entered the city, lol. Or hell like 5 or 10 million since they wouldn't have even needed that big a team.

Helicopter broken

Helicopter fixed

Helicopter arc great success

This movie was just plain stupid. Glad most of you feel the same. Entertaining, but dumb, and not really in a good way, but in a "is this seriously happening?" way. I rolled my eyes at almost everything. Right from the beginning. I laughed more than anything.

They put the Zombie in a crate in a truck that can't even survive a head on crash with a normal ole car swerving in the way from the driver getting a BJ... That car should've just been easily smashed out of the way. Then, the world's dumbest military guys led the mission. Not relaying orders, standing their like, huh?? And why the hell didn't the leader and the other guy get back in the hummer and drive away?? Instead they run on foot into the dessert!!?? WTF? :slap

But then again, it wouldn't be a zombie movie without some stupid ass or group of stupid asses doing something stupid. The dumb always destroy the world.

I could go on for as long as the movie lasts.... :)

My son asked about the robot zombies when it was over, and I was like WTF are you talking about?? :dunno I do remember seeing some odd blue light, but just figured that was Zack being Zack thinking it was "so cool!!". I had to look it up afterwards to see if he was seeing ****... :rotfl

I told my kids right from the beginning after the whole group was introduced, everyone was gonna die but Bautista, his daughter and pilot. Then after his daughter was such an ass the whole movie, I said I hope Bautista dies so she has to live with the guilt. I was close... :)

Then, the world's dumbest military guys led the mission. Not relaying orders, standing their like, huh??

I literally laughed out loud at this part of your post since that was EXACTLY what happened. :lol :lol

The lady on the phone couldn't have been more specific and precise in her instructions and he just stood there like a confused moron who didn't understand English, lol.

I got the most joy out of watching my wife watch it through her hands since she covered her eyes for most of it. I might have oversold it a bit when I told her it was basically Ocean's 11 with zombies. I don't think she will ever go back to the movies with me.

I got the most joy out of watching my wife watch it through her hands since she covered her eyes for most of it. I might have oversold it a bit when I told her it was basically Ocean's 11 with zombies. I don't think she will ever go back to the movies with me.

I may have missed it but I didn't see anything even slightly scary in this movie at all. Or does she just hate gore? Kind of par for the course with a zombie movie though.

Yeah she hates gory stuff. I mean like HATES. She walked out of Sin City and it took her about 10 years to forgive me for that. I don't know how I possibly talked her into seeing this with me, but the planets aligned and she agreed...I guess he got caught up in my excitement to return to the movie theater.

I literally laughed out loud at this part of your post since that was EXACTLY what happened. :lol :lol

The lady on the phone couldn't have been more specific and precise in her instructions and he just stood there like a confused moron who didn't understand English, lol.

Yeah, Think I yelled out loud. :panic:

My son gets mad when I get so annoyed at TV shows and movies... :lol

Back