Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here still watch The Walking Dead? I haven't seen the thread bumped in years.

I still watch it.

The last two seasons were good. They did a great job with the Whisperer story.

I'm still watching it as well. Agree on the Whisperers, but I've actually enjoyed Fear The Walking Dead's stories & characters more than TWD the past couple of years.

Watched it last night.
Nice bit of mindless fun, really. I didn't feel t was long at all, I had to get up to fix dinner and noticed I was already halfway into the movie and it had just whizzed by.
All in all it seems almost like an homage to Snyder's favourite "genre" movies: the opening with the two soldiers getting away from the wreck is lifted straight out of AWIL, there's bits that reminded me of Evil Dead 3, some bits reminiscent of I am Legend and there's the Aliens bit with the chopper leaving scene. There's also bits of dialogue that were lifted from other movies. So yeah, as far as I'm concerned it's Snyder's love letter to the movies he loves.
As for the movie itself, as I said, it's pure mindless fun. It's got some really nice photography, the action is quite good and it's got a good soundtrack. Actors are all decent, but nothing to write home about. I'm guessing Netflix wants to turn this into a franchise?

It was pretty much an hour too long, the characters and dialogue were beyond cliched, (there are at least three moments where characters were meant to ?open up? about their feelings, but it was toe curlingly bad), the zombies couldn?t work out if they were mindless minions or part time Uruk-hai... but the constant ?borrowings? from ALIENS started as an homage and just casually strayed into blatant rip off! All in all, for me it was a puerile mess. Unless you are a dedicated Snyder and/or zombie genre fan... avoid!

At best it was a fun distraction, at worst a blurry mess. Would have been pissed if I'd spent actual money on it. And that's coming from a snyder fan lol

Snyder is now saying he has deleted scenes he would love to revisit including the much talked about ***** biting scene in Vegas lol

Release the ***** cut lol

He'll do a black-and-white version too.

When you know you can't make your money with the original version, market the director's cut AND the B/W versions to the same few fans for three times the audience.

He said they filmed an up close guy (Vegas male stripper) getting his **** bitten off by a zombie.

The fetus scene in AOTD reminded me of what we did in Cannibal Campout lol

While I enjoyed the Snyder Trilogy, I am ready for this MFer to stop doing interviews. An article about him EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

I am a Snyder fan but this movie was plain trash. No experience in film making, but script / screen writing usually gets proofread right? The entire storyline was incoherent and some parts of the plot were just plain annoying.

The villain heist plot was a mess.
The helicopter not working was a complete waste of screen time because it then just worked dumb lol
The dialogue was a mess
The actual zombie stuff was ok I guess although too much cgi blood.
The blonde lady should have been turned into the new queen.

Where did the random robot zombies come from???

Also Snyder really loves using music in his movies, but he seems to hate using the original versions of a song, always some cover or acoutic version or something.

There are robot zombies. Metal skulls, blue eyes, sparks fly out when they get shot.

I mentioned it to my friend and he didn't notice it either.

q1O5VFY.png

I think he might be confused with the death sequence of the zombie's eyes glowing blue right before they die. Yeah, that was strange to me. Maybe it was a tip of the cap to Blade, idk. Snyder doesn't know either. :lol

You had to toss the logic out on this one. Go into the fire, then have the leader chick tell you what you're up against. Maybe you could bring us up to speed on what we are encountering BEFORE we go in? Tactical 101. Then they want to throw in the older Mex chick is a former gf of Bautista and they come to terms right before the head spinning moment. Wtf?

I think he might be confused with the death sequence of the zombie's eyes glowing blue right before they die. Yeah, that was strange to me. Maybe it was a tip of the cap to Blade, idk. Snyder doesn't know either. :lol

You had to toss the logic out on this one. Go into the fire, then have the leader chick tell you what you're up against. Maybe you could bring us up to speed on what we are encountering BEFORE we go in? Tactical 101. Then they want to throw in the older Mex chick is a former gf of Bautista and they come to terms right before the head spinning moment. Wtf?

Not confused at all, it's literally a robot zombie. I googled it and Snyder mentions it in an interview, although it's never touched on in the movie or actually explained by him.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/army-of-the-dead-robot-zombies-explained-zack-snyder/

Clearly Zach's genius working at overdrive.

Zach's mind thinking: I like zombies. I like Terminator. I would love Zombie Terminators. Zombie Terminators would be huge! Better than giant Robot Samurai!!!

Dumb. Zero context. Not sure why anyone wants this guy to direct movies for them. Can't bring a cohesive story together nor stick the landing since 300.

Giving Zack Snyder a movie is like giving an 8 year old with a toy box $100 million to make a film.

Back