The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All clothes are finished, we decided to add wire on the shirt collar which took a bit longer that expected, now going thtough final QC on the clean shaven sculpts and adding final paint touchups, we'll also begin printing instructions and other cardboard/stickers for the box.

All clothes are finished, we decided to add wire on the shirt collar which took a bit longer that expected, now going thtough final QC on the clean shaven sculpts and adding final paint touchups, we'll also begin printing instructions and other cardboard/stickers for the box.
Nice! So if everything goes according to plan, we should expect a mid-September release right?

I’m pumped. Thank you for the update.
I’m not complaining, but I ordered this figure over 2 years ago. Is this typical of LIM and can we expect the same kind of turnaround with future releases, like Mr. Marston?

From what I have always understood, LIM is notorious for slow releases. I think this was an extraordinary circumstance between the issues with R* and COVID. I suspect without both of those things, this would have been released last year.

I would also anticipate another long wait for Marston.

I’m not complaining, but I ordered this figure over 2 years ago. Is this typical of LIM and can we expect the same kind of turnaround with future releases, like Mr. Marston?

From what I gather, there were two main things that delayed this figure, 1) it got scrapped halfway through the production process, and they resculpted the head and (I think) made a custom body, (maybe sculpted a new torso??) so that probably set the figure back a few months. And 2) COVID slowed everything down.

So I’m guessing 2-3 weeks?

From what I have always understood, LIM is notorious for slow releases. I think this was an extraordinary circumstance between the issues with R* and COVID. I suspect without both of those things, this would have been released last year.

I would also anticipate another long wait for Marston.
It does seem like they’ve made use of the extra time to improve the figure in pretty much every way though, so I can’t complain.

Thank you for continuing to update here. I am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

It's not typical to take this long.

When I became a part of the project and team, what you saw on the promotional pics was what was going to be released, then things happened with RS, as time went on the team decided to up their game from the previous MGS figures so we began doing some small adjustments which then snowballed into a complete overhaul, not only because we knew it would be worth it but some aspects of the inital prototype proved to be troublesome, such as the body, the likeness wasn't 100% there, the hair system was a nightmare to cast, the clothes weren't completely accurate, etc.

Then the pandemic hit and factories were closed for a while, which forced us to stay at home and in turn closely examine the figure and tweak it further, it was then we also decided to do a completely new 1/6 scale strong body, this meant having to sculpt and cast all the parts for it, which would lead us to another bump in the road, the mold factories we were working with weren't the best, not the best quality and too slow, so we had to look for and move production of all our stuff to other, better factories, which will help us release future products faster.

Going back to the figure itself, we have been improving and tweaking it until now, if there's something to be improved then we'll do it, and I don't regret it one bit because the expirience and skills we've learned in this period of time will be invaluable in future projects, I don't want to sound biased but I know the quality of the team's work and my work and what we've managed to achieve is going to blow people away and show those that still view third party figures as cheap KOs what can be done when people are passionate about what they're doing, I'm a collector like all of you and being apart of this has been a dream come true, I wholeheartdly believe nobody could've done justice to this character and franchise like we have.

When I became a part of the project and team, what you saw on the promotional pics was what was going to be released, then things happened with RS, as time went on the team decided to up their game from the previous MGS figures so we began doing some small adjustments which then snowballed into a complete overhaul, not only because we knew it would be worth it but some aspects of the inital prototype proved to be troublesome, such as the body, the likeness wasn't 100% there, the hair system was a nightmare to cast, the clothes weren't completely accurate, etc.

Then the pandemic hit and factories were closed for a while, which forced us to stay at home and in turn closely examine the figure and tweak it further, it was then we also decided to do a completely new 1/6 scale strong body, this meant having to sculpt and cast all the parts for it, which would lead us to another bump in the road, the mold factories we were working with weren't the best, not the best quality and too slow, so we had to look for and move production of all our stuff to other, better factories, which will help us release future products faster.

Going back to the figure itself, we have been improving and tweaking it until now, if there's something to be improved then we'll do it, and I don't regret it one bit because the expirience and skills we've learned in this period of time will be invaluable in future projects, I don't want to sound biased but I know the quality of the team's work and my work and what we've managed to achieve is going to blow people away and show those that still view third party figures as cheap KOs what can be done when people are passionate about what they're doing, I'm a collector like all of you and being apart of this has been a dream come true, I wholeheartdly believe nobody could've done justice to this character and franchise like we have.
That's a very interesting read! Appreciate the info. Ppl keeps asking me if there's gonna be more made, beyond the amount of preorders like how things usually release, or are the preorders it?

Thanks for the peak behind the curtain. :)

The passion and dedication for this project is something that's often overlooked, especially in posts complaining about the wait time on BBICN or Facebook.

That's a very interesting read! Appreciate the info. Ppl keeps asking me if there's gonna be more made, beyond the amount of preorders like how things usually release, or are the preorders it?
Can't say at the moment.

I missed out on preordering and I'm not sure if I should pay the scalper price on ebay or wait for more batches.
Don't order or buy things from eBay unless it's from sellers you 100% trust, also I doubt there will be any leftover stock so the only way people will be able to get it when it releases is through other collectors, with all that said... wait.

Back