The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With as gnarly as the new Joker looks I'm not sure I want to see what Two-Face will look like in this universe, lol.

It is odd they went quite so hideous. But then, maybe that's another reason they cut the scene... upon reflection of the design.

I wouldn't be surprised if, when the Joker does show up, he's revised... like Thanos was after his first appearance.

One thing is certain RP is just an incredible freaking Batman period!

His freaking eyes!

His voice!

His posture!

I love it that this clip had his booming footsteps.
Yeah, one thing I noticed about this Batman is he's not stealthy, more on intimidation like before he shows up for the first time in this movie to beat up the clowns. His foot steps remind me of... Robocop (the 80's one.) Even his Batmobile made some scary noises when it revved up on its first appearance.

Looks like a legit chemical bath . It burned his hair and made his face all messed up

That's what I'm assuming. In this universe this is the result of the chemical bath. Maybe it'll be implied in the next movie that during a scrap up with Batman this happened to him. That'll be '89 all over again though.

It is odd they went quite so hideous. But then, maybe that's another reason they cut the scene... upon reflection of the design.

I wouldn't be surprised if, when the Joker does show up, he's revised... like Thanos was after his first appearance.

It wouldn't surprise me either. They went really hard with this one, but I like it. He's grotesque, but we had grotesque in the comics before so there's a precedent.

The new "joker" reminds me of the Gotham show Joker. Both are balding and full of scars and skin damage. He makes Bane from TDKR sound like Morgan Freeman doing voice.

I'm glad they cut the scene. It's too long, it spoils the Riddler's motives, and it kind of makes Batman look a too inexperienced as a detective.

I like his laugh. The part where Batman leaves and we see joker in he background laughing is very nice.

I don't like the monster look at all. The actor is wearing too much make-up, which is a shame because he's got a great face for joker.

He's got potential. If he wears a cool costume in the sequel, he might make a good figure. He's already better than Leto, imo. Still below Ledger, Nicholson, and Phoenix. Romero too, but he

The new "joker" reminds me of the Gotham show Joker. Both are balding and full of scars and skin damage. He makes Bane from TDKR sound like Morgan Freeman doing voice.

I'm glad they cut the scene. It's too long, it spoils the Riddler's motives, and it kind of makes Batman look a too inexperienced as a detective.

I like his laugh. The part where Batman leaves and we see joker in he background laughing is very nice.

I don't like the monster look at all. The actor is wearing too much make-up, which is a shame because he's got a great face for joker.

He's got potential. If he wears a cool costume in the sequel, he might make a good figure. He's already better than Leto, imo. Still below Ledger, Nicholson, and Phoenix. Romero too, but he
9462857D-1A73-480F-92F9-6C90CAADB608.jpeg

But Batman wasn’t there for the Riddler he could care less about getting more clues on the Riddler and the Joker CALLED HIM OUT ON IT to his face when he said “you already know how he thinks” to Batman so in other words you are not here about Riddler you are here about YOU and then Joker calls him out on it AGAIN when he says “you are the main course”.

If you look closely he is saying jye lol

1648183256362.gif

Last edited:
Again, man, the new Batmobile's entrance is just scintillating. It may very be the coolest sounding Batmobile thus far. That moment when Penguin turns and we hear it turn on and Batman revs the engine, oh man, that experience in the cinema is pure bliss.

On the subject of Batmobiles, the Tumbler is my favorite, but jeez, this new one is presented so menacing. The Tumbler is presented as more stealthy (fitting for the movies), plus it can silence its engine noise to help with that.

That's what I'm assuming. In this universe this is the result of the chemical bath. Maybe it'll be implied in the next movie that during a scrap up with Batman this happened to him. That'll be '89 all over again though.
Pretty much. I’m thinking he was a bad criminal who fell into the Chemical bath and this is what happened. If you fell into a chemical bath you’d be pretty burned and disfigured. Guessing that’s what happened. .

Again, man, the new Batmobile's entrance is just scintillating. It may very be the coolest sounding Batmobile thus far. That moment when Penguin turns and we hear it turn on and Batman revs the engine, oh man, that experience in the cinema is pure bliss.

On the subject of Batmobiles, the Tumbler is my favorite, but jeez, this new one is presented so menacing. The Tumbler is presented as more stealthy (fitting for the movies), plus it can silence its engine noise to help with that.
Funny enough the reveal of the Tumbler and 22 are framed almost identical but 22 lasts much much much MUCH longer which makes it epic because the Tumbler revs once and takes off.

The tumbler reveal really makes no sense because Batman says “I brought mine” to Gordon while standing literally behind him then it cuts to the tumbler down the alley with Batman starting the engines….WUT HOW LOL

Don’t get me wrong I also love the tumbler tank everything about it really but the stealth scene was kind of a head scratcher those cops were blind lol

2022 is hands down the most bad ass batmobile entrance ever!

Dude it’s absolutely hellish I can’t stop listening to the wind up.

MCU should’ve applied that level of audio and visual build up to revealing the Hulk for the first time. Rage, Fury, Ferocity and Fear!

Not too late now that they are moving past Jake Banner and going with WWH!

WWH needs that kind of entrance!

But….

Last edited:
I wonder what kind of costume he's going to wear. If I had to guess, he'll wear something similar to the Joker from the 2008 book, JOKER. They even have a similar look and smile. I hope they use Joker as a main villain eventually.

For those who don't know Matt Reeves revealed that his idea for his Joker is more so inspired by The Silent film The Man Who Laughs (Same film that Inspired the creation of the Joker himself) and that this was more of a birth defect. His hair green and skin being white also giving him a permanent smile and uncontrollable laughter. Reeves wanted this Joker to have become insane due to the mistreatment he had to endure from his condition. To me that's an interesting concept for The Clown Prince that has yet to be done.

Last edited:

I hope so. Never been a fan of the overly ripped up depictions of the character.

perhaps he has surgery to ‘correct’ himself. 89 style.

Back