The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman picks anniversary to go see Joker and fans think it’s about finding the Riddler….

View attachment 568811

You're reading way too much from it.

There is one out for Batpsycho: the Riddler is systematically murdering people, so it was a time-sensitive issue and the anniversary was just an unfortunate coincidence...but when all's said and done the scene was too much and it's a good thing they cut it.

This. Whatever that anniversary is, it's a coincidence. The Joker has always been manipulative trying to make it seem his perspective is right and what he says is the fact. You can even see that on TDK (prison scene, about his scars, etc.) Anyway, as you remember from the film, Batman didn't have all the answers. He really didn't know who and where the Riddler was all that time. He didn't even know his grand plan. He got help along the way. Alfred working on the cypher, Penguin explaining what ratatouille really meant, the police officer pointing out the significance of the murder weapon which he missed since the beginning of the film. He came to Joker for answers or maybe even to get an idea how the Riddler works because he thought Joker and the Riddler shared the same thought process. Joker tries to twist it making it seem Batman was there for other reasons.

When Batman takes the papers/files back from Joker, the paperclips are missing. Perhaps just a continuity error, or something to aid in his eventual escape?
In the real world, no institution would allow you to send paperclips to a criminal/psychiatric patient.

When Batman takes the papers/files back from Joker, the paperclips are missing. Perhaps just a continuity error, or something to aid in his eventual escape?
In the real world, no institution would allow you to send paperclips to a criminal/psychiatric patient.
I hope it was an error. Amateur move, Bats!

I'll never forget seeing that first reveal of Ledger as Joker.

There were soooo many naysayers when he was cast, but I'd always liked him a lot. (So help me god, I really liked Knight's Tale...so sue me!) And I thought he was utterly brilliant and heartbreaking in Brokeback Mountain and Monster's Ball. I knew he had the chops to play the Joker.

And then one day we got THIS image.....

ledger-joker-reveal.jpg

and I was hooked. He was such a tremendous talent. Still so tragic that he died so young.
Love this picture so much. A second picture came out and he looks very different in it.

I watched the scene a second time ready for Joker to come across as too extreme and "try hard" as some people were saying and nope he still didn't feel overdone to me. He actually kind of reminded me of "Mouse" from the first Matrix film, lol.

People said that Ledger truly enjoyed what he did but I thought this Joker came across as being smart but still both highly amused and fascinated by Batman himself. I won't go so far as to say that he is equal or better to Ledger based on that one clip but I think he can hold his own and fits awesomely within the Reeves universe.
Yea I don’t see him as trying to hard tbh. Nor do I see him as copying Heath. I do enjoy how he’s so reserved but crazy . Idk I have to see more to judge but I’m almost certain he was dropped in chemicals

Yea I don’t see him as trying to hard tbh. Nor do I see him as copying Heath. I do enjoy how he’s so reserved but crazy . Idk I have to see more to judge but I’m almost certain he was dropped in chemicals

Nah. He just got roasted from all the bad feedback the Eternals got and rightfully so.

Eternals Joker > Grill Mouth Joker

Nah. He just got roasted from all the bad feedback the Eternals got and rightfully so.
Oh wow it's that guy?? Dang he really did disappear into the character as well. Okay now I'm even more pumped for seeing more of this guy on screen. :rock

Is the chemical bath part of his original comic origin or was that something that Burton added?

Chemical bath goes all the way back to the 50s or when they finally told his origin. He was the Red Hood and he fell into the chemicals that permanently changed his skin white and his hair green and his lips ruby red.

The "disfigurement" angle was added to the 89 movie in order to justify the goofy smile prosthetics on Nicholson.

He doesn't always smile in the comics. He pouts quite a bit.

Chemical bath goes all the way back to the 50s or when they finally told his origin. He was the Red Hood and he fell into the chemicals that permanently changed his skin white and his hair green and his lips ruby red.

The "disfigurement" angle was added to the 89 movie in order to justify the goofy smile prosthetics on Nicholson.

He doesn't always smile in the comics. He pouts quite a bit.
Okay thanks for clarifying. Well since falling into toxic chemicals goes back to his original origin story I'm fine with it making him look nasty instead of a handsome man with white skin and green hair, lol.

Is the chemical bath part of his original comic origin or was that something that Burton added?

Red Hood fell into the acid at Ace Chemicals in Detective Comics #168 (1951), and became The Joker.

First appearing in Detective Comics #168, the Ace Chemical plant was a chemicals manufacturing facility located directly beside the Monarch Playing Card Company. The Playing Card Company was robbed by the professional criminal known as the Red Hood who was confronted by Batman. Red Hood attempted to escape through the ACE Chemical Plant and jumped into a vat of chemicals in order to escape and swam away from the vigilante through the use of a breathing device hidden within his signature cowl. After finally having made his escaping and taking refuge in the Playing Card factory, Red Hood noticed that the chemicals had bleached his skin bone-white, dyed his hair green and colored his lips red. Noticing his similarities to the figure on Monarch's Joker playing cards, Red Hood declared himself "The Joker" and used his new appearance for a new life of crime.

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Ace_Chemical_Processing_Plant

I'll never forget seeing that first reveal of Ledger as Joker.

There were soooo many naysayers when he was cast, but I'd always liked him a lot. (So help me god, I really liked Knight's Tale...so sue me!) And I thought he was utterly brilliant and heartbreaking in Brokeback Mountain and Monster's Ball. I knew he had the chops to play the Joker.

And then one day we got THIS image.....

ledger-joker-reveal.jpg

and I was hooked. He was such a tremendous talent. Still so tragic that he died so young.

When I saw that pic for the first time, I thought it was a bit extreme. Like, OMG...that's scary. Then there were all these theories and rumors that they were going to show how he got the scars. One theory was that batman did that to him with a batrang. Another theory was he did it himself.

That picture looks tame now when compared to the new monster Joker. Ii also think they soften up the makeup in the actual film because he never looked that scary in the film. They did something to make it less gruesome.

I thought Reeves would just reuse the Reznor look from TDK's concept art, but he somehow managed to go even more "dark".

6c66cf1d72957df095820bd6587d3476.jpg
a3E6BX8_460s.jpg

I think this could've worked if they introduced normal Joker in the second movie and then in the final fight with Batman he falls in a vat of chemicals, then you can have Batman visit the joker at the end of the movie and he's like that, then in the third and hopefully final movie him and Batman can have a type of Clarice/Hannibal realtionship going on as Batman visits the Joker to help him hunt down his most challenging foe yet.

You're reading way too much from it.

This. Whatever that anniversary is, it's a coincidence. The Joker has always been manipulative trying to make it seem his perspective is right and what he says is the fact. You can even see that on TDK (prison scene, about his scars, etc.) Anyway, as you remember from the film, Batman didn't have all the answers. He really didn't know who and where the Riddler was all that time. He didn't even know his grand plan. He got help along the way. Alfred working on the cypher, Penguin explaining what ratatouille really meant, the police officer pointing out the significance of the murder weapon which he missed since the beginning of the film. He came to Joker for answers or maybe even to get an idea how the Riddler works because he thought Joker and the Riddler shared the same thought process. Joker tries to twist it making it seem Batman was there for other reasons.
You’re not wrong the scene does play out exactly as you described the scene is what it is I’m just enjoying stirring the pot and messing with Clown lol

It’s just fun extrapolating on the Batman Joker dynamic.

Back