The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Returns Penguin had his silly slow duck convertible so who would’ve ever thought we would ever see Penguin behind the wheel during a proper vehicle chase.

He did alright with the remote-control Batmobile!

If I had to choose one low point of an otherwise great movie it’d be Farrell’s Penguin. He wasn’t remotely menacing.

Maybe he’ll come into his own with Falcone out of the picture, but I still can’t believe he’s getting his own series.

(I look forward to being proved wrong yet again :))

I know!!!! :thud:

And:

75dbb8b91e433c1e133e1b34b57670f7.gif

the-batman-robert-pattinson.gif
tumblr_n8waydcJIl1rrkahjo5_r1_250.gifv

The Batman was somehow more atmospheric than Burton while simultaneously being more grounded than Nolan. How the hell did they do that, lol.

"We'll just lean in to the diametrically opposed strengths of both prior Batman universes in the same movie while topping both," --Matt Reeves :thud:

Has it already been posted that the Art Book revealed that Batman injected himself with the real-world adrenaline hormone epinephrine at the end and not "venom?"
I just read that!

I can tell you as a retired paramedic I’ve use that **** to bring people back from death lol

Not faulting anyone who enjoyed this but...to each their own.

I made it in about 20 minutes. No thanks.

At least I'll save a fortune on Hot Toys.
Which Batman and or movie speaks to you as the definitive?

Some people are really into the Keaton Batman which was fine when I was a kid but not so much now. I do like how each "era" has been a little different.

Which Batman and or movie speaks to you as the definitive?

Some people are really into the Keaton Batman which was fine when I was a kid but not so much now. I do like how each "era" has been a little different.
It really is amazing how many options Batman fans have when it comes to live-action entertainment. From West to Keaton to Kilmer/Clooney to Bale, Affleck and Pattinson. I love that there are so many options depending on what I might be in the mood for.

It really is amazing how many options Batman fans have when it comes to live-action entertainment. From West to Keaton to Kilmer/Clooney to Bale, Affleck and Pattinson. I love that there are so many options depending on what I might be in the mood for.
Indeed, which I suppose is good for fans. Affleck has been the most "Batman off the comic page"-esque with stature and suit. Bale is the most well-rounded, not exceeding on any level except as Bruce Wayne. Keaton - I'm not sure why people like him as Batman, lol. I'd say Pattinson is best acting Batman as Batman but not so much as Bruce Wayne.

One of the things I love about Pattinson is that he pretty always is Batman, he really doesn't have a separate "Bruce Wayne" persona.
Right, Wayne is not yet comfortable as Bruce Wayne yet. Still gripped by his personal tragedy and mission of war on crime. Plenty of room for growth on that in sequels as he tries to help the city in other ways besides Batman methods.

The Batman was somehow more atmospheric than Burton while simultaneously being more grounded than Nolan. How the hell did they do that, lol.

"We'll just lean in to the diametrically opposed strengths of both prior Batman universes in the same movie while topping both," --Matt Reeves :thud:
I don't think you can ground it anymore than what this film did. Can't wait to see this again when I get it on 4k.

I hope Reeves sticks with the grunge music and either stays with Nirvana or does some Alice in Chains for the next movie.

I don't think you can ground it anymore than what this film did. Can't wait to see this again when I get it on 4k.

I hope Reeves sticks with the grunge music and either stays with Nirvana or does some Alice in Chains for the next movie.
How on earth did we get three entire Batman films in the 90's without a single one of them featuring dreary rain, depression, grunge, etc., lol.

I watch Batman Returns every year at Christmas, and Batman 1989 is on regular rotation. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is also on regular rotation.

I haven't seen a Nolan Batman movie in about 8 years or so. I don't find them to be that rewatchable as Batman movies. If anything, any desire to rewatch them has only lessened since the release of The Batman.

The Batman will be watched every year at Halloween at the very least, but will likely be watched at least twice a year for the foreseeable.

The Batman is the definitive Batman movie for me. As Khev said, there isn't a single element in this movie that another Batman film does better.

Back