The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How on earth did we get three entire Batman films in the 90's without a single one of them featuring dreary rain, depression, grunge, etc., lol.
Did they even film outside for Keaton, Kilmer or Clooney?
The Batman will be watched every year at Halloween at the very least, but will likely be watched at least twice a year for the foreseeable.
riddler-twoface.gif

Ben Affleck told a funny story about attending his son's 10th birthday party in his full BvS costume and how ridiculous he felt appearing in front of all the parents of his son's friends that way. He said he realized that "Batman is sexy at midnight, not at 10:00 am."

This Batman looks good at 10:00 am, and I would argue is the first Batman that looks badass at any time. The combination of suit aesthetics and the way Pattinson plays him (barely moving, barely speaking, silently monitoring and studying everything around him) allows him to cross over into spooky "Michael Myers watching you in broad daylight" territory which not even the mighty BvS suit could successfully pull off.

Batman-Cowls-7.jpg

Robert_Pattinson_The_Batman_WB-1280x720.jpeg

Last edited:
I watch Batman Returns every year at Christmas, and Batman 1989 is on regular rotation. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is also on regular rotation.

I haven't seen a Nolan Batman movie in about 8 years or so. I don't find them to be that rewatchable as Batman movies. If anything, any desire to rewatch them has only lessened since the release of The Batman.

The Batman will be watched every year at Halloween at the very least, but will likely be watched at least twice a year for the foreseeable.

The Batman is the definitive Batman movie for me. As Khev said, there isn't a single element in this movie that another Batman film does better.

While I did enjoy this take on Batman, there’s many elements that have been better in other Batman films. The suit, car, action sequences, Bruce and Alfred’s dynamic, main Villain, penguin, and even Catowman have all been better in previous incarnations.

I can't say I liked Battinson in full costume as the sun rose helping the wounded among the paramedics shot at the end. Daylight Bats is not ideal... especially around a lot of normalcy (not that end rooftop rescue was normal, but you know what I mean).

I can't say I liked Battinson in full costume as the sun rose helping the wounded among the paramedics shot at the end. Daylight Bats is not ideal... especially around a lot of normalcy (not that end rooftop rescue was normal, but you know what I mean).
I wouldn't say "ideal" but I still think he pulls it off. So daylight first responder Batman didn't play any better for you on a second viewing huh, lol.

I wouldn't say "ideal" but I still think he pulls it off. So daylight first responder Batman didn't play any better for you on a second viewing huh, lol.

No. He looks dismissive. Like he could be more helpful without the cumbersome suit but he refuses to take it off, like a child in his costume.

I bought it later, on a dreary day, biking with Catwoman. If he's alone, and its overcast, and there's tombstones, it works better. He needs shadows and gray and something Gothic or macabre in the background. The movie does this most of the time.

While I did enjoy this take on Batman, there’s many elements that have been better in other Batman films. The suit, car, action sequences, Bruce and Alfred’s dynamic, main Villain, penguin, and even Catowman have all been better in previous incarnations.

We will just agree to disagree. Like has been said before, there now appears to be a definitive Batman movie for everyone. For me, The Batman is that movie.

The suit = best in The Batman
Car = best is shared between The Batman and Batman 1989/Batman Returns
Action sequences = best in The Batman
Bruce and Alfred's dynamic = best is shared between The Batman and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Main villain = best in The Batman
Penguin = best in The Batman
Catwoman = best in The Batman

Yea to those that don’t like it I understand. But I feel like this is pretty much how Batman is. It’s supposed to be dark and brooding . I see lots of grown 40 something yr old men on Facebook bringing up that twilight Batman sucks because he was in twilight. So triggered by a teen movie almost a decade ago. Meanwhile ben affleck starred in gigli . A movie that sucked hard ass back in the day.
Keaton starred in Jack Frost . A movie about a snow man come to life lol. Nobody ever cried about that.

We will just agree to disagree. Like has been said before, there now appears to be a definitive Batman movie for everyone. For me, The Batman is that movie.

Bruce and Alfred's dynamic = best is shared between The Batman and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
I would add best music and Gotham in The Batman as well.

Pretty much. Michelle and zoey did a great job with the character. Much better than Nolan’s take who was just Selina in name only. Nothing about her was catwoman whatsoever

Agreed on about 98% of your points.

I'd also throw in best entrances for: The Batman. Him walking in like Frankenstein or the Terminator was more B.A. then I could've imagined. Not in any hurry, just heading in like "I'm here."

Not in Nolan's.
Both of Bales suits are better.

Don’t get me wrong I really enjoyed The Batman, It’s just in no way the best Batman film for me.

Suit- BvS or Batman begins
Batmobile - Burtons
Action- BvS or The dark knight
Villain- Definitely the Dark knight (I’m not sure how this one can even be debated lol)
Bruce and Alfred- much better in begins or TDK
Penguin and Catowman- Batman Returns, both were stand out performances that are still heavily referenced today

Well, it's not daylight, it's dawn, so still pretty gloomy. You wouldn't drive your car without your lights on during that scene.

Batman has been shown in brighter daytime lighting in movies before.

darkknight.jpeg

darkknight2.jpg

Heck, the entire final act of The Dark Knight Rises has Batman running about at 2 in the afternoon.

darkknight5.jpg

darkknight4.jpg

darkknight3.jpeg

I would add best music and Gotham in The Batman as well.

Oh yeah, definitely. Like I said, I feel that there is nothing in this film that has been done better in a previous Batman film. I was just commenting on the aspects discussed by Snoop101.

But there is a Batman for everyone!

Yea to those that don’t like it I understand. But I feel like this is pretty much how Batman is. It’s supposed to be dark and brooding . I see lots of grown 40 something yr old men on Facebook bringing up that twilight Batman sucks because he was in twilight. So triggered by a teen movie almost a decade ago. Meanwhile ben affleck starred in gigli . A movie that sucked hard ass back in the day.
Keaton starred in Jack Frost . A movie about a snow man come to life lol. Nobody ever cried about that.

Jack Frost was way after Batman, you’re thinking of Mr. Mom. That’s all Keaton was known as before Batman. People would say “The dude that played Mr.Mom is Batman? What a joke!”

Back