The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JAWS is the first movie as a kid that truly impacted me. And definitely the first where I watched it for its camera and directorial style. Spielberg in top form. That shot you mention was one of several amazing uses of the lens and motion. I was also mesmerized by his seamless choreography of characters on that dinky boat... how everyone moved naturally yet somehow ended up in the perfect frame every damn time.

That one film taught me so much about film-making.

This "iTunes-exclusive" Matt Reeves commentary, is that available now on iTunes? I was reading elsewhere that it's something you get when you buy the disc, you get code that unlocks the track on iTunes. I've checked out some of the current rips of the iTunes movie, and none of them include the extra audio track, so it seems like that lends credence to the idea that it's not available yet.

Hmmm. Well idk what some were expecting from this. I guess we are at that age where tdk will be the last Batman film to bring fans together. Now we are comparing a shark film to a film about a guy dressed as a bat. I don’t think anyone will be happy with any interpretation of Batman from now on. Tdk seemed to elevate expectations a lot from people.

The movie is mesmerizing I just enjoy looking at it.

Reminds me of ESB I put it on and my mind immediately calms down it’s soothing.

It's true... there is something hypnotic about it. I find the original Blade Runner to be the same way for me.
So true. Even Batman seems to sometimes go into a trance when he's out and about wailing on bad guys. After a second viewing I can't help but wonder how often he injects those adrenaline capsules to get a boost against overwhelming odds. The way he pounded on the very first thug was similar to the extended beating he was giving to the last Riddler goon. I liked that he seemed to wear those special contact lenses possibly because the state of mind he's in when fighting/hunting isn't as conducive to detective work as when he has his full wits back at the cave so he makes a point to always review and make sure he didn't miss anything.

I can't imagine them equaling or topping this. I think I'm back to just wanting them to let this be a perfect three hour slice of this world and these characters. I almost want to pull a Jim Carrey and put on some headphones and just play the soundtrack while reading Stephen King now, lol.

And I couldn't help but notice at the cemetery at the end that even Selina Kyle's MOM was younger than me. Holy crap I'm getting old. :lol

Hmmm. Well idk what some were expecting from this. I guess we are at that age where tdk will be the last Batman film to bring fans together. Now we are comparing a shark film to a film about a guy dressed as a bat. I don’t think anyone will be happy with any interpretation of Batman from now on. Tdk seemed to elevate expectations a lot from people.
Nolan did elevate the material to a whole new level after Batman & Robin's new low.

Nolan did elevate the material to a whole new level after Batman & Robin's new low.
Nolan delivered an important evolutionary step in the quality of what this character can achieve but this movie topped Nolan's trilogy in every way IMO. Sure the TDK Batman/Joker interrogation scene might still be the single greatest scene in any comic book movie (it's been a few years since I watched it but I assume it still holds up) but otherwise TB maintained a level of consistent perfection/near perfection from beginning to end that went beyond even Nolan's best.

Man I love that when Batman fights in this movie it isn't all choppy and super zoomed in like something from Jason Bourne. Nice medium shots at wide angles, I could see everything that was happening and it was fantastic! :rock

After a second viewing I can't help but wonder how often he injects those adrenaline capsules to get a boost against overwhelming odds.

You mean "venom," the super steroid he was briefly addicted to in the comics before Bane got his hands on it?

Just watched Dano get arrested and his scene in the cell -- my two favorite scenes of Riddler.

I can't see how anyone today with what's going on in the news constantly doesn't find his boyish-innocence-turned-psychotic totally frightening and true.

I wish there was more Riddler in the movie, but like the shark in Jaws, less is probably more.
Literally. He put me in the mind of old school psychos like Scorpio in Dirty Harry, but at the same time, I’ve got to say: considering the stink people stirred up over Joker? I’m genuinely surprised The Batman didn’t get more flack because I could see weird incels in winter combat masks and Saran Wrap doing copycat **** more than I could homicidal Andy Kaufman. Because I was watching that final act and thinking “Jesus. They better hope nobody goes postal because this Batman movie seems a little *too* real.” :lol

Also, we got a lot of talk of different film influences in this Batman movie. Things like Chinatown, Last Days, but the more I watch that Batmobile intro, the more certain I become that Matt Reeves totally got that from Home Alone.:lol

Did I zone out, or was the only scene we saw his stupid Batcycle the very end when he rides around with Selina?

Talk about a "Snake Eyes" level fake out.

Hot Toys thing people are gonna shell out $400 for an ugly bike that was onscreen for 30 seconds and not even in an action sequence? How the hell did the stunt rider crash that thing all those years back during filming? Distracted by Zoe's ***?

Did I zone out, or was the only scene we saw his stupid Batcycle the very end when he rides around with Selina?

Talk about a "Snake Eyes" level fake out.

Hot Toys thing people are gonna shell out $400 for an ugly bike that was onscreen for 30 seconds and not even in an action sequence? How the hell did the stunt rider crash that thing all those years back during filming? Distracted by Zoe's ***?
I'm sure he uses it earlier on in the film. Can't remember though. :dunno

Robert Pattinson and Zoe Kravitz's chemistry test for The Batman (2022)

i like the suit better here with out the collar ,ans the cape looks to be over the shoulder more and not as pinned back looking
j2cydw2be9u81.jpg

Since I knew that the release of this film was delayed I had to go back and check to see if Halloween 2021 fell on a Thursday like they say in the movie. I was surprised to see that it didn't. The next Halloween Thursday will be in 2024 so it'll be fun to make a point to watch this again on that date.

On a semi-related note 12...May...Thursday is next month so a perfect time to revisit Terminator. :rock

Back