The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To each his own. It didn't feel like a TV movie when I saw the Helli-carrier rising out of the water with the Alan Silvestri score in the cinema that first time.
There are some good shots, but there's a lot of amateurish cuts and cinematography. The scene where they're all talking inside the Helicarrier, the bit where Thor beats up Loki and it features a million cuts in a few seconds. I think it's more that it looks flat and without style. At least to me. There's just a missing ingridient that'd elevate it.

A lot of the MCU feels like it was made for TV.
Yeah, that's true. I go back and forth whether that's beacuse of poor production values or because they come out so often that they feel like tv episodes.

MCU = HBO (ironically)

Snyderverse = epic cinema :chase
Snyder can do some really great shots, but I wouldn't call him epic. He overstuffs his films to the point where he cannot handle it. There's some gorgeous cinematography and lighting at times, but others it turns into a mess.

mrsid8303ht61.jpg

He gives us things like this though, so he's sometimes alright in my book. He's just so objectively a dimwit when it comes to themes, story, general ideas about anything bar "make shot look like a painting"...

I never cared for Whedon. Neither his projects, nor his "brand" really did anything for me. Even back in the day I felt "eh" towards him. I still maintain Avengers feels like a tv movie and was a bit of a letdown. Buffy was fine and comfy in a 90s/00s nostalgia trip way, but that's it for me. I liked his Astonishing X-Men well enough, so there's that.

As for his comments... In all honesty I get it. He basically came out and said "I finally had the chance to **** the women that never cared for me when I was a teen". Which is something anyone can understand. He's a mediocre guy and he finally had the chance to get some prime *****. It wasn't proper what he did, but I get it. What does make me angry though is that he was a complete hypocrite about it. He cheated on his wife and more than that he was LARPing as "le uber-ally/how are you doing my fellow feminist sisters YAAAAAAASSSS". He shouldn't have said **** and owned up to being a nerd who tried to make up for his teenage bitterness. That I'd get. But this? It's just pathetic. Being a hypocrite about it is unironically the worst part of it.

So, let me get this straight. They haven't revealed anything from Hawkeye. They haven't done the NWH villains and Spider-Men. They're ignoring Booba Fattso completely. They haven't put up a PO in 3 weeks. And now they're announcing a Battinson? This early? What's next, a Moon Knight PO by February? I really don't understand Hot Toys. They're truly a mystery...
Pattinson is too much of a draw not to have dollies of him made. Now add Batman to that and you've got a money-printing machine.

Uh oh! Do I smell a new silly movement!
Restorethereeverse bruh! Come on we can do it! Whedon is a marvel plant!

There are some good shots, but there's a lot of amateurish cuts and cinematography. The scene where they're all talking inside the Helicarrier, the bit where Thor beats up Loki and it features a million cuts in a few seconds. I think it's more that it looks flat and without style. At least to me. There's just a missing ingridient that'd elevate it.

Yeah, that's true. I go back and forth whether that's beacuse of poor production values or because they come out so often that they feel like tv episodes.

Snyder can do some really great shots, but I wouldn't call him epic. He overstuffs his films to the point where he cannot handle it. There's some gorgeous cinematography and lighting at times, but others it turns into a mess.

mrsid8303ht61.jpg

He gives us things like this though, so he's sometimes alright in my book. He's just so objectively a dimwit when it comes to themes, story, general ideas about anything bar "make shot look like a painting"...

My goodness, I don't care if she's an evil Kryptonian, I'll take my chances. Best case scenario, death by snu snu.

6225fo.gif

Witness the bizarre back-and-forth of Batman evolving into a Mando and back again.
Loose fitting under suit and pants, WWII pouch belt, chest-plate armor, and pauldrons, gauntlets loaded with gadgets, and re-purposed back onto Batman.

Last edited:
So, let me get this straight. They haven't revealed anything from Hawkeye. They haven't done the NWH villains and Spider-Men. They're ignoring Booba Fattso completely. They haven't put up a PO in 3 weeks. And now they're announcing a Battinson? This early? What's next, a Moon Knight PO by February? I really don't understand Hot Toys. They're truly a mystery...
:goodpost: :exactly:I like Robert Pattinson and I wanted HT to make this, but not having Hawkeye or Spidey stuff revealed first dampens whatever enthusiasm I had for this lol. I wonder now more than ever what they're going to skip, since they never make everything we want.

Snyder can do some really great shots, but I wouldn't call him epic. There's some gorgeous cinematography and lighting at times, ... "make shot look like a painting"...

I always said Snyder should have been a cinematographer... like Burton should have been an Art Director. As directors, they are both very limited in much the same ways.

Pattinson is too much of a draw not to have dollies of him made. Now add Batman to that and you've got a money-printing machine.
Oh, I wasn't doubting it being made, I just find it weird that they're announcing it so early when they have other films/shows to go through first.

My goodness, I don't care if she's an evil Kryptonian, I'll take my chances. Best case scenario, death by snu snu.
tumblr_nc9blonyXg1rfobyxo1_500_zps22c5c2e4.gif

She's mine. I claimed her when I posted that picture. I am now owed SEKS. Kryptonian SEKS!

Spoiler Spoiler:

**** the human race desu, I'm betraying you all in a millisecond just to thurst and epxlode once between her thighs. Fr fr no bussin on gawd sheeeeeeeesh.

:goodpost: :exactly:I like Robert Pattinson and I wanted HT to make this, but not having Hawkeye or Spidey stuff revealed first dampens whatever enthusiasm I had for this lol. I wonder now more than ever what they're going to skip, since they never make everything we want.
I wasn't gonna buy any Hawkeye stuff, and I just want a Tobey and a Goblin from NWH, but it seems weird to me to fast-track this figure and leave others behind. You'd think at least Spider-Man would get announced. They took their time to put up the D+ Loki stuff for PO, so I'm not surprised Hawkeye has been put on the backburner, but I was sure the NWH stuff would've been announced by now.

I always said Snyder should have been a cinematographer... like Burton should have been an Art Director. As directors, they are both very limited in much the same ways.
I prefer Burton to Snyder (or at least did, haven't really revisited him), but you're 100% right.

Sometimes I feel I need the Codex of Darthkostis to read his posts.
I had one, but GW sued me for plagiarism.

91s3UykhGtL.jpg

Now I live in a storage unit, surrounded by my dollies.

But honestly, zoomerspeech lingo is so moronic it's fun. I don't even know if anyone talks like that, or if it's an internet stereotype, but I don't care.

Back