SSR The Bat Returns 2.0 aka “1/6 The Dark Knight Returns 2.0”…

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tempted by this, but I don’t know anything about the quality of SSR.

I also tend to the standard version since I don’t really feel the unmasked sculpt.

Last edited:
Tempted by this, but I don’t know anything about the quality of SSR.

I also tend to the standard version since I don’t really feel the unmasked sculpt.

Right?? Yeah, Bruce is supposed to be a HANDSOME billionaire. if I saw this dude in a suit and tie:

IMG_2273.png

I’d be like “bro, you good? I think you need medical attention…”

It’s based off of frank millers design…but cmon, he didn’t need to look like a Warhammer character or an Unreal Engine design circa early 2000s.

Right?? Yeah, Bruce is supposed to be a HANDSOME billionaire. if I saw this dude in a suit and tie:
509114-IMG-2273.png

View attachment 700574

I’d be like “bro, you good? I think you need medical attention…”

It’s based off of frank millers design…but cmon, he didn’t need to look like a Warhammer character or an Unreal Engine design circa early 2000s.

I don't know, some of his more growly moments were pretty harsh, and he was looking pretty rough towards the end :lol
8oo8a3.jpg

8oqz8g.jpg

be4k28xfuh041.png

8oo78h.jpg

Though there is a bit to much going on, could stand to be softened a bit.
I prefer the sculpt on this custom (not sure who made it?)...
8kwso1.jpg

Makes me wish there was a final scene old man Wayne to pair with...
8kwtj8.gif
8m7k3y.gif

and from yet another universe timeline, this old man...
8nh1pz.gif

\
8m52tz.gif

Last edited:
I don't know, some of his more growly moments were pretty harsh, and he was looking pretty rough towards the end :lol
8oo8a3.jpg

be4k28xfuh041.png

8oo78h.jpg

Though there is a bit to much going on, could stand to be softened a bit.
I prefer the sculpt on this custom (not sure who made it?)...

Exactly!😆 they took a stylized, rough, gnarly looking 2d design and went HAM with it.

That custom Bruce sculpt looks good.

That custom sculpt is very close to the previous SSR Dark Knight from a couple of years ago. My biggest gripe with SSR is that their heads are very undersized compared to the majority of other companies’ figures. Makes them look odd when in a detolf with other figures.

That custom sculpt is very close to the previous SSR Dark Knight from a couple of years ago. My biggest gripe with SSR is that their heads are very undersized compared to the majority of other companies’ figures. Makes them look odd when in a detolf with other figures.
Yes, the slightly undersized head is another point that, so far, keeps me from pulling the trigger on this figure.

Yes, the slightly undersized head is another point that, so far, keeps me from pulling the trigger on this figure.

This might be the one case were it should really be described as a too oversized body.
Which is what Miller was going for. Did the figure take it to far, maybe? :wink1:
Though I think they mostly captured the intently massive, grim presence of Miller's Dark Knight.

Last edited:
This might be the one case were it should really be described as a to oversized body.
Which is what Miller was going for. Did the figure take it to far, maybe? :wink1:
Though I think they mostly captured the intently massive, grim presence of Miller's Dark Knight.
Yeah, you got a point there. 👍

Last edited:
I have no horse in this race, but I think it captured Miller's Bruce and Batman quite well and I don't even like TDKR all that much.

So it seems like this is out/releasing soon. I asked OSK and he said “they said releasing soon 2 months ago”

🤣🤣

Regardless, I think it looks pretty damn good.

Between this and InArt’s The Batman…this is a good Bat month.

After seeing the dude from ToysWonderland man handle this figure in the YT video I certainly feel very confident on the joints, range of motion and body strength. Guy was really WAY more rough than I am with an expensive figure.

Seems like SSR had some initial issues but have gotten good feedback on Customer Service and making improvements.

Agree this is a GREAT TIME for Batman fans. Several very cool figures from SSR (Dark Knight, Gotham by Gaslight etc.) the very well received BTAS joker plus all the other cool things from other brands coming out. Great to see BTAS getting lots of 1/6 love. Even Mezco has previewed some 1/12 BTAS. With the world going to @#$% it is a ray of sunshine for Batman fans.

Ha. Just watched that.

Now... torn between the blue and black. Not a bad problem to have.

Ha. Just watched that.

Now... torn between the blue and black. Not a bad problem to have.
I slightly favour the black version so far, since this will be my only Miller representation of Batman. For a blue/grey Batman I would not choose the Miller interpretation as my first choice.

Black with blue inner cape would be nice

IMG_0327.jpeg

There is also a video for the blue version, which shows the details of the exchangeable bat symbol, at around 3:50.

The blue of the neck piece and the blue of the sculpt is different, I cannot unsee it. 😩

Also that gap between sculpt and neck (but maybe that’s just not pushed in correctly):

IMG_0329.jpeg

Last edited:
Back