The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

I guess he turned not giving *** anymore when Joker and Harley killed Robin. But I grew up in Burton’s Batman who killed people too so for me it’s nothing special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see that. But the "Batman don't kill" is the character for me because I read the comics on how and why he didn't. Because it's easier for him to kill and he will never came back to his old self. Bruce is not like Clark, a real good guy because Pa and Ma Kent raised him that way, Bruce wired differently. That's why Bruce and Clark need each other, there are a lot of comics about their relationship. So when in MOS Pa Kent consider the possibility to let the kids drown so Clark doesn't have to help and show his power, I already knew this is not the Superman I know, and then he killed Zod. I guess I need a movie about Batman and Superman where they value a life. Even the life of a bad guy.

I see that. But the "Batman don't kill" is the character for me because I read the comics on how and why he didn't. Because it's easier for him to kill and he will never came back to his old self. Bruce is not like Clark, a real good guy because Pa and Ma Kent raised him that way, Bruce wired differently. That's why Bruce and Clark need each other, there are a lot of comics about their relationship. So when in MOS Pa Kent consider the possibility to let the kids drown so Clark doesn't have to help and show his power, I already knew this is not the Superman I know, and then he killed Zod. I guess I need a movie about Batman and Superman where they value a life. Even the life of a bad guy.

you mean that wasn't the Pa kent you knew cause superman didnt say that.. And yes he killed zod but he was left with no other choice in the situation he was presented, he also killed doomsday, under similar circumstances in the comics but everyone was ok with that. Should zack snyder handled this differently, yes- he could have written the ending in a way where superman did have a choice maybe zod could be locked up in a kryptonite cell, or he could have been sucked up in the phantom zone with all other kryptonians. I'm not suggesting this was the right thing to do in terms of story and character development but rather given the circumstances him killing zod was equivlent to him killing doomsday in the comics.. Zod wasn't going to stop until every last human was dead, much like doomsday. The only difference between Zod in MoS and Doomsday in the Comics is that zod was able to articulate his plans, "I am going to make them suffer, Kal-El. These humans you've adopted, I will take them all from you, one by one!. If you love these people so much, you can mourn for them!"

I think the Zod killing could of been handled better if they developed the Superman character more. We know how previous versions of the character would have acted, but this is a complete redefinition of Superman. Had we been shown this Superman dealing with other threats before being thrown in a life or death situation the reaction to his killing Zod might have been met more favorably. As is he comes out of nowhere says I’m here to help then proceeds to destroy a city in a battle with someone just like him resulting in him killing the other guy.

And they shouldn't have led off with the killing. In the theatrical cut of Superman II he assumedly kills Zod but people accepted it because he had been so clearly defined as kind, compassionate, and a follower of justice in the previous film.

Snyderverse history and lore have to be nuked from orbit by the WB moving forward. It's the only way to be sure.

I don't know which cbm universe is worse. You don't see the MCU films ****ing themselves over with *** **** reshoots.

And they shouldn't have led off with the killing. In the theatrical cut of Superman II he assumedly kills Zod but people accepted it because he had been so clearly defined as kind, compassionate, and a follower of justice in the previous film.

Exactly, show him saving a cat or something first proving he’s a good guy to the world. That way they would cheer him on.

Please:
- No more Affleck
- No Josh Gad as Penguin
- No more Eisenberg as Luthor

Seriously, how long does it take to put together a freaking Batman movie. We’ve been hearing about this for years and it’s still years out. Marvel will be close to their 100th film by then! :lol

After the cluster F that was the Snyderverse they needed some time to get their crap together. It's really not that long when you think about it. It will only be four years after Justice League which is pretty good considering this will be a completely new Batman.

This is why i laugh at people thinking we are getting a Snyder cut. WB has distant themselves from Snyder and JL why would they release the Snyder cut and undo all the work they have done for the last couple of years.

This is why i laugh at people thinking we are getting a Snyder cut. WB has distant themselves from Snyder and JL why would they release the Snyder cut and undo all the work they have done for the last couple of years.

If a Snyder cut ever happens it will likely be years down the line. Both WB, and Snyder need some time, and distance from the whole thing before they could ever revisit it.

I'd say that the Snyder cut has about as much chance of seeing the light of day as Rian Johnson's new Star Wars trilogy.

Lol when aquaman reboots the universe lol

Back