Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know...I always liked the Raimi suit just fine but wasn't necessarily in love with it, but looking at that photo I realize one of the reasons it works so well is the raised webbing. It imparts structure that straight spandex just doesn't have.

First time I've realized that's why it's so effective.

You write very well. Using the word 'imparts' rather than the more common 'suggests' but imparts is the better word here. You must be a writer.

Thanks, to tell you the truth I didn't think about it. It's just how I think/speak.

I haven't written professionally for a few years now, but it's one of the Things I've Done For Money over the years. There have been many.

Raimi suit is unbeatable.

You know...I always liked the Raimi suit just fine but wasn't necessarily in love with it, but looking at that photo I realize one of the reasons it works so well is the raised webbing. It imparts structure that straight spandex just doesn't have.

First time I've realized that's why it's so effective.
tumblr_pdsnltvvpf1w60m4do7_400.gif

That was a great suit too. I love the large eyes.

My favorite Spidey artist was 90's Mark Bagley, and this suit reminded me of his style.

gYTczGd.jpg
It's definitely a great suit, but I hated the movie and for me how much I like a movie plays a big part in whether I buy a figure or not. I have the Raimi suit and all the MCU suits, but even if No Way Home is the best Spider-Man movie in history, I doubt I'll be getting any of the MCU suits from it, but if Garfield's Spidey is in it, it could be my vehicle to getting that figure.
Mark Bagely is also a favourite of mine, particularly his run on Amazing Spider-Man in the 90s. Anyone remember Cardiac? Whatever happened to him?

Gotta destroy these gold stuff before they put them on my suit!
kSL79hX.gif

Last edited:
That was a great suit too. I love the large eyes.

My favorite Spidey artist was 90's Mark Bagley, and this suit reminded me of his style.

[...snip ASM2 suit]

That was a really fun HT figure. It fell down for me on 2 counts: the way they did the eyes translated as more of a dull gray than white, and the proportions were a little too 'alien' and lanky -- even though Garfield was lanky.

I've still never seen ASM2 (hated the 1st one), but as a long time Spidey fan that suit for me was the most comic accurate (except the Spider on the back) and the HT figure looked way to cool to not get it. I have no idea what all those dumb accessories are about, and not seeing the movie can't sour me on the figure... :lol

Plus, I got it very cheap when Popcultcha had that sale waaay back when they were like double discounting their figures. Got him well below retail even with shipping to the US.

I liked the Raimi suit in the movies, but a friend had gotten the HT figure and I just didn't like the odd boxy proportions of the figure, so I never picked it up.

Looking forward to production photo's of the VG classic Spidey and comparison photos. That most likely will replace the ASM2 figure for me.

It's definitely a great suit, but I hated the movie and for me how much I like a movie plays a big part in whether I buy a figure or not. I have the Raimi suit and all the MCU suits, but even if No Way Home is the best Spider-Man movie in history, I doubt I'll be getting any of the MCU suits from it, but if Garfield's Spidey is in it, it could be my vehicle to getting that figure.
Mark Bagely is also a favourite of mine, particularly his run on Amazing Spider-Man in the 90s. Anyone remember Cardiac? Whatever happened to him?F
Cardiac was cool foe for Spidey. I don't know what happened to him. I think the last appearance I saw was right around the clone saga beginnings. Dark time for spidey fans.

Cardiac was cool foe for Spidey. I don't know what happened to him. I think the last appearance I saw was right around the clone saga beginnings. Dark time for spidey fans.
That was well after my time in comics, I think. Missed it completely. There was a guy I worked with a few years younger than me who loved it, but he admitted it was all about the nostalgia and time of his life. A lot of this stuff is like that.

Back