Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately he has two new gold suits that look absolutely hideous and make him look more like iron boy sidekick . It’s annoying

Come to think about has this Spider-Man had any good looking suits? I feel like they blew there load with the first suit and put a bunch of gimmicky crap on everything else. Don’t get me started on that stealth suit .
Feels like those stupid 90s toys that put a crap ton of accessories on the characters like neon Batman or ninja Spider-Man

Come to think about has this Spider-Man had any good looking suits? I feel like they blew there load with the first suit and put a bunch of gimmicky crap on everything else. Don’t get me started on that stealth suit .
Feels like those stupid 90s toys that put a crap ton of accessories on the characters like neon Batman or ninja Spider-Man
I like the original & upgraded suit.

Need to see the new suits in action before passing proper judgement....but in toy form they look pretty awful.

The costume design for Phase 4 has been more miss that hit, so far.

Come to think about has this Spider-Man had any good looking suits?
The suit looked good in Civil War albeit very CG.

The vinyl bands and go-faster super-techno lines were more apparent to me in Homecoming but I was just happy to see a Spidey film.

In spite of the tech embedded in it, I think the FFH Upgraded suit was the best looking,

The film's main villain is the costume designer. 😆
tumblr_m2hmy96sFf1qghl49o1_r1_500.gifv

The suit looked good in Civil War albeit very CG.

The vinyl bands and go-faster super-techno lines were more apparent to me in Homecoming but I was just happy to see a Spidey film.

In spite of the tech embedded in it, I think the FFH Upgraded suit was the best looking,
Yea post civil war I mean. Everything else has been meh to bad. The upgraded red and black suit is just the the original suit with minor adjustments and black instead of blue.

the stealth suit is hideous. Just a padded suit with Spider-Man’s eyes.

the iron spider suit. Is ok and was fine for when he was in space but way to flashy and busy for Spider-Man .

the new gold and red suit makes him look like iron boy fully realized.

and the gold and black suit is absolutely lazy and another “ let’s splash gold on it” suit.

none of the suits represent the traditional down to earth Everyman Spider-Man . I like Spider-Man in the mcu but they of course want to make him a sidekick and a wide eye idiot.

now I’m not saying Sony but themselves is any better cause they completely suck ass alone. The asm films were terrible imo and they listen to that hack avi about everything so they fail everytime.

so in movies your screwed if your a Spider-Man fan. No wonder people are wishing for Tobey back so they can say he’s kinda in the mcu . Maybe then we will have a semi accurate Spider-Man lol

My only problem is that I don't think any of the MCU suits look good as figures, just something about them that always looks off and it's why I don't have any.

My only problem is that I don't think any of the MCU suits look good as figures, just something about them that always looks off and it's why I don't have any.
Like many MCU costumes, first and foremost they're over-designed. Too many lines, too many panels and textures. Even if it looks okay on-screen, scaled down to a 1/6 scale figure on your shelf they're way too busy.

Like many MCU costumes, first and foremost they're over-designed. Too many lines, too many panels and textures. Even if it looks okay on-screen, scaled down to a 1/6 scale figure on your shelf they're way too busy.
Such as???

Such as???
It's pretty self-explanatory. Spidey covered in go-faster lines, an excess of multicoloured panels on Iron Man armours such as the 46 ... darker colours on some of the Caps and GOTG to sell them as grounded, but with a lot of 'tactical' and/or 'futuristic' detail that tends to get lost at smaller scales.

Either you like that style (inspired by performance athletic wear amongst other things, it seems) or you don't.

I've owned several of these figures and enjoyed them for what they were, but they fell short for me in several areas -- I accepted them because they're toys at the end of the day, not movie props.

Back