Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, Molina gives zero ******s about spoilers. :lol The interviewer should have asked him how the film ends too. :lol Also, he called out Deniro ridiculous "fight" scene in the Irish Man. :clap

Hopefully, this means Tobey will be in his perfect Raimi suit and we get dollies from HT. :yess:

Lol zero ****s were given! Well guess we are getting our Sinister Six with at least 3 Spideys now. You know HT will be making any Spideys that appear in this. Sinister Six will have to be damn impressive for HT to make. Probably only protos for Howard Chan's home! :lol

Makes you wonder, how this multiverse decides to pick certain people from certain places...will need some rules explained.

Alfred Molina on returning as Doc Ock:

?It was wonderful,? he said. ?It was very interesting going back after 17 years to play the same role, given that in the intervening years, I now have two chins, a wattle, crow?s feet and a slightly a slightly dodgy lower back.?

When the actor asked Jon Watts, the director of ?No Way Home,? how the movie would bring Doc Ock back ? since, as he pointed out, ?I died? ? Molina said the director told him, ?In this universe, no one really dies.?
In their early conversations, Molina said, Watts told him that the movie will pick up Doc Ock?s story from ?that moment? in the river, which in a franchise that include multiverses, time-travel and diverging timelines seems?plausible enough.

Molina?s concerns were more practical. He said that he asked Watts how they were going to deal with the fact that at 67, he?s aged since the 2004 film.

?He just looked at me, and said, ?Did you see what we did to Bob Downey Jr. and Sam Jackson?'? Molina said with a laugh. In 2016?s ?Captain America: Civil War,? Marvel Studios used CGI to de-age Robert Downey Jr. to look as he did in 1991; and in 2019?s ?Captain Marvel,? also set in the 1990s, a de-aged Samuel L. Jackson played a younger version of his character, Nick Fury.

Molina also cited Martin Scorsese?s ?The Irishman? as an example of digital de-aging ? and its limitations.

?They made Robert De Niro?s face younger, but when he was fighting, he looked like an older guy,? Molina said. ?He looked like an old guy! That?s what that?s what worried me about doing it again.?

?I don?t have the same physicality that I had 17 years ago,? he continued. ?That?s just a fact.?

Molina realized, though, that the nature of the role would save him. ?I then remembered that it?s the tentacles that do all the work!?

He sat up straight in his seat. ?My basic physical move as Doc Ock, as the actor, is just this,? he said as he glared intensely at the Zoom camera and made a menacing noise. ?I just do that a lot, and the arms are doing all the killing and smashing and breaking. I?m just going ?? he glared again ? ?with a kind of mean look on my face.?

?It was fantastic.?

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alfred-molina-spider-man-no-way-home-doc-ock-1234953527/

WOW this is tremendous!!!!!! :panic: :panic:

Another Interview with Moline from Variety.

Alfred Molina on the MCU and returning to the Indiana Jones franchise:

"It was wonderful, the paycheck I mean, hehe" he said. I had no idea what the hell was going on half the time or why there were 3 different Spiderman guys and some guy dressed like a magician on the set making air circles. It was all very confusing and weird. I just kept thinking about the money like my friend Harrison Ford does nowadays."

When asked about possibly returning to the latest Indiana Jones film the veteran actor didn't hold back, "Oh god, no! Thank god I got killed off in the first one. I can't wait to watch Ford break his 90 year old hip on IMAX tho. Hopefully they kill off Indy too and he doesn't come back as a ghost in an even worse final film. Maybe he'll be a ghost instead in the new Ghostbuster film" the actor joked.

Molina also cited Zack Snyder's Justice League film and his thoughts on the filmmaker:

"I can't stand that guy. He's almost as annoying as Tobey Maguire and kirsten Dunst pretending to have chemistry on screen. The only thing worse than that is watching Jared Leto trying to play the Joker. If drugs had not killed Heath Ledger, I think watching Leto would have done it just the same." The 67 year old actor is not impressed with the current state of Hollywood films, "It's all trash. All of it. Nothing but old **** in new fancy packaging."

Molina realized, though, that his honesty might not be appreciated,

He sat up straight in his seat. "I just don't give a ****. Come and get me," shouted the joyful actor, "**** the MCU, DC, SW and every old franchise. The only thing I enjoy these days is watching Vin Diesel in those car films. That's real cinema. Eat your heart out Scorsese."

Definitely sounds like the Raimi-verse becomes canon with the MCU as an alternate universe - as opposed to merely bringing the actors in for recognition value but having them play different versions of the characters from the ones they played in those movies.

Damn, Molina gives zero ******s about spoilers. :lol The interviewer should have asked him how the film ends too. :lol Also, he called out Deniro ridiculous "fight" scene in the Irish Man. :clap

Hopefully, this means Tobey will be in his perfect Raimi suit and we get dollies from HT. :yess:

The dollies are why we're all here. The film will be great and will bring great dollies.

Keaton Batman return being deflated by all of this Raimi Spiderman multiverse goodness

But still Keaton Batman and Tobey Spiderman will be quite epic.

Electro lulz

Keaton Batman return being deflated by all of this Raimi Spiderman multiverse goodness

But still Keaton Batman and Tobey Spiderman will be quite epic.

Electro lulz

Read some article with Feige saying how much he likes Jamie Foxx as an actor. I guess better than Paul Giamatti.

No Keaton isnt out of the flash movie, it was just confirmed the other day.

I am a bit concerned this movie is going to be Tom Holland's last movie as spiderman in the MCU. This whole multiverse angle and the title "no way home" implies that peter parker could get stuck in a different universe. I guess i am not the only one that is thinking this, i came across this article today.
I am not posting the entire thing just key points

-"It looks like Peter Parker and his BFFs are in the Sanctum Santorum, but that's not a surprise since we knew Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange was in the movie.

That leaves us clutching for any clues we can find in what we know so far, such as the ominous-sounding title. Could it be that No Way Home is even darker than it sounds though?"

It's widely thought that No Way Home refers to the sticky situation that Peter Parker found himself in at the end of Spider-Man: Far From Home.

the mid-credits scene of the sequel saw Spider-Man unmasked to the world by J Jonah Jameson, thanks to a video filmed by Mysterio during the final battle. What's more, Spidey was blamed for all of the Elementals and the destruction they caused.

So it stands to reason that Peter will be on the run, at least initially, in the new movie until he's able to clear his name. Maybe that's why there's "no way home" as he'd be arrested and it's what sees him seek out the help of Doctor Strange.

It's plausible and could be the main reason for the title, but perhaps there's a hidden meaning behind it all too ? not one Spider-Man fans will want to hear though.

Tom Holland has confirmed that his Marvel contract is up after No Way Home, although he would return "in a heartbeat" if Sony and Marvel asked. He's also spoken about taking a well-deserved break after a busy run that's included not only Spider-Man outings, but Cherry and Uncharted as well.

There's every chance that Sony and Marvel will renew their contract with Holland for future movies and/or appearances in other MCU offerings. But it's rare that a Marvel hero gets four solo movies, with Thor the first to do so with the upcoming Love and Thunder.

No Way Home is set to involve the multiverse in some way and with crossovers from the other Spider-Man series, it's not a stretch to say that each of those will be from those universes, rather than those characters appearing in the main MCU timeline.

Alfred Molina has confirmed he's been digitally de-aged for No Way Home and that the storyline picks up from Spider-Man 2. It's hard to see that happening in the main MCU timeline, so we could be returning to that Sam Raimi world.

If the rumors about the other Spider-Men teaming up with Holland's version are true, then maybe he crosses into some of those other timelines. Potentially he uses the Quantum Tunnel to do so, as we saw can happen in Agents of SHIELD's finale

That leads us to think that maybe the "no way home" will be Peter not being able to return home to his own timeline, not just the fact he's on the run. Perhaps it's a sacrifice play he needs to make to fix the multiverse shenanigans.

If we're right (and we hope we aren't, really) and Peter is left in a different timeline at the end of No Way Home, that would open him up to appearances in Sony's universe in the likes of Venom and co.

It wouldn't fully rule out an MCU return as the same circumstances could be replicated in future to allow him to hop back over to the main timeline. However, it would bring closure to his MCU journey if Holland doesn't get another Marvel contract."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/spider-man-no-way-home-132200284.html

Couple all this with the rumor of Spiderwoman being introduced in Secret Invasion it dont look good for his future in the mcu. On the bright side we will probably get to see him again in sony movies-

Not sure what to make of this movie, but if true with Garfield, Maguire and Cumberbatch in this, it has got to be the first signs of Scarlet Witch playing with reality. Now another question is does this bring together the Sinister Six? Got Doc Ock, Electro seemingly confirmed. Is Keaton in this with the Scorpion and Shocker? Does Gyllenhaal come back to make it six or is there another villain brought in? I wouldn't put it past good ol' Marvel to do something witty with it and bring in the Hobgoblin Ned Leeds from another reality and make a joke of him cause it is Parker's buddy in this reality. Not sure if that is worse than bringing Paul Giamatti's Rhino back.

Not sure what to make of this movie, but if true with Garfield, Maguire and Cumberbatch in this, it has got to be the first signs of Scarlet Witch playing with reality. Now another question is does this bring together the Sinister Six? Got Doc Ock, Electro seemingly confirmed. Is Keaton in this with the Scorpion and Shocker? Does Gyllenhaal come back to make it six or is there another villain brought in? I wouldn't put it past good ol' Marvel to do something witty with it and bring in the Hobgoblin Ned Leeds from another reality and make a joke of him cause it is Parker's buddy in this reality. Not sure if that is worse than bringing Paul Giamatti's Rhino back.

That’s alot to unpack

Depending on when wanda vision takes place she cannot be responsible. At the end of far from home he already appears to be in Toby Mcquires universe because we get the Rami version of Jameson. Moreover Jameson already knows that peter parker is spiderman, which, correct me if im wrong, everyone learns his identity (well atleast Jameson does cause he knows peter) in spiderman 3 when his his face is exposed after the battle with sandman and venom

Depending on when wanda vision takes place she cannot be responsible. At the end of far from home he already appears to be in Toby Mcquires universe because we get the Rami version of Jameson. Moreover Jameson already knows that peter parker is spiderman, which, correct me if im wrong, everyone learns his identity (well atleast Jameson does cause he knows peter) in spiderman 3 when his his face is exposed after the battle with sandman and venom

That is interesting. I had to read that twice, but it makes sense if that is what they were planning. Clever.

https://thedirect.com/article/spide...LgPOLPiEGWW75FUGLhcYlnwRKDIkV39abnRQOFwf7TWmM

The Spider-Man actor said that he can only speak for himself, but that he has yet to receive the call from Marvel Studios:

"Listen, I can't speak for anything else apart from myself... They might be doing something but...I ain't got a call."

To finish off, Garfield doubled down once again on the fact that he will not be appearing in Spider-Man: No Way Home:

"I did not get a call... I would've gotten a call by now."

292w_s.jpg

Back