Somehow Rey Returned

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well not surprising when plenty of the cartoons, shows and video games have better writing and world building than the movies ever did :dunno.
From what I've read, the 'cartoons' storylines sound to be as much of a mess as most of the other media of late. I do understand that's a matter of opinion.

Time will tell.

You could say that about the entire PT as well, summed up by Ben in ANH.
Yes. You could. You can. They are inconsequential for enjoying the OT. My wife, for instance, has never seen them.

Something can be inconsequential but still enjoyable.

The thing about Star Wars is that we were immediately thrown into the story in media res -- you could jump into many (most?) chapters of the story with a couple lines of summary and be off to the races for that narrative, good or bad.

From what I've read, the 'cartoons' storylines sound to be as much of a mess as most of the other media of late. I do understand that's a matter of opinion.

Time will tell.
Well Clone Wars and Rebels started off as Friday morning cartoons then they evolved into something deeper and more interesting.

They didn’t only have 2 hours to tell their stories so they had time to fill it out with other things that may or may not be “important”.

But overall they’re great shows.

Regardless of how you feel about Disney SW I'm not sure I believe the Saga would have fared any better had it stayed with George. I mean just look at his track record post-ESB:

1983: ROTJ is a huge step down from ANH/ESB
1984: Ewok Movie 1 (lame)
1985: Ewok Movie 2, Droids cartoon, Ewoks cartoon (all lame)
1997: Star Wars SE Trilogy (hugely controversial "updates" that have tainted the OT to this day)
1999: TPM (lame)
2002: AOTC (lame)
2003: Tartofsky Clone Wars cartoon (cool)
2004: Star Wars SE Part II with TM Fett voice and Hayden Christensen and Naboo added to ROTJ (lame)
2005: ROTS (lame)
2008: TCW movie (lame)
2008: TCW Season 1 (lame)
2009-2012: TCW Seasons 2-6 (varying quality)
2011: Star Wars SE Part III with Vader "Noooo" added to ROTJ (super lame)

So 30+ years of SW post-ESB all just to get Tartofsky's brief CW series, lol. Rogue One and Mando 1 and 2 easily blow all of that away.
Super Savage lol

For some reason I don't believe ol' KK:

“We don’t set out to say, ‘OK, this is going to be a project led by women’ — it evolves that way”

EVOLUTION, Kathleen Kennedy style:

Setting: a series of Pitch Meetings:

Male Director #1: I have this idea for a story set in the Old Republic where a select group of spies are given an impossible mission.

Male Director #2: I want to do a real, gritty 'war story' set in the Star Wars universe.

Male Director #3: I'm envisioning a Treasure Island in Space kind of Space Opera.

Female Director: I want to do a personal story that touches on today's ethos.

Kennedy: Give the chick a chance.

Male Director #1: I have this idea for a story set in the Old Republic where a select group of spies are given an impossible mission.

Male Director #2: I want to do a real, gritty 'war story' set in the Star Wars universe.

Male Director #3: I'm envisioning a Treasure Island in Space kind of Space Opera.

Favreau: "I'm going to make the new leader of the Mandalorians a man..."

KK: "The HELL you will!"

Favreau: "...who immediately gets defeated in single combat by Bo-Katan."

KK: "Very well. Proceed."

Favreau: "I'm going to make the new leader of the Mandalorians a man..."

KK: "The HELL you will!"

Favreau: "...who immediately gets defeated in single combat by Bo-Katan."

KK: "Very well. Proceed."
He gets defeated by a technicality. We got deprived of a proper Mando vs. Bo fight. That would have been TOO cool.

You could say that about the entire PT as well, summed up by Ben in ANH.
Savage-Gar

Prime Clone what say you….

1681178675972.gif

She never really struggled like other characters have though, she pretty much always came out on top. Anakin and Luke were both broken mentally and physically, they went through some **** and it took a toll on them and changed them.

Her characters entire existence is just wrong. Anakin was the "chosen one", he (with the help of Luke) brought balance to the force by destroying Palpatine. But nah, Disney had to undo all of that to make their new character into the best Jedi who ever lived.
This is an absolutely BS argument….
Its been shown time and time again that she did struggle , she was struggling when we literally met her, all tbrough her time on Jakku…..

No one asked if Luke had struggled enough because we were rooting for him…..He barely does any kind of struggle in ANH…yet leads the fleet and rebellion to victory using a power he just tapped into a fre hours before…..

Its a BS argument.

She had a decent home, clean clothes, beautiful skin, hair, and teeth. Looked to me like she was doing just fine.

When people talk about Luke's suffering, they're talking mostly about getting his hand cut off. But in ANH he gets assaulted by sand people, accosted by aliens at the cantina, almost drowns in the trash compactor, then watches his mentor die, and he also loses his childhood best friend in the final battle.

Then he goes on to get savagely assaulted by a wampa and almost dies in the cold, crash lands his Snowspeeder, gets his ass thoroughly kicked by Darth Vader, losing a hand in the process, as well as having everything he ever believed ripped from him when Vader tells him the truth.

What "hardships" does Rey go through? What crippling defeat does she suffer, but brushes herself off and decides to go on? Oh right...none. Cause she's perfect and never grows or changes or even has a personality.

Your argument about Rey not being the ultimate Mary Sue is a BS argument.

But, but but trust me! Not all women are down with her bull. Some of us like swashbuckling adventure too. If I want to hear about today's social issues I can turn on the news, or Netflix. I want to get away from all that! I dont want it replicated in my space opera. I want laser swords everyone would instantly cut their own legs off with IRL and I want blasters. I want aliens doing shady alien stuff.

One really, really wonders what Ellen Ripley would be like, had "Alien" been made today.

Back