The Mandalorian & Grogu (Theatrical Movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for the guy to fight Zuckerberg...I hope his mum finally lets him do it.
When Musk was last on Rogan he said Zuck backed out and reiterated an “anytime, anywhere” challenge so apparently it’s the android who’s ruining all our fun.

When Musk was last on Rogan he said Zuck backed out and reiterated an “anytime, anywhere” challenge so apparently it’s the android who’s ruining all our fun.
I'm glad his mum finally approves.

What did he say that offended you so much?

A bunch of stuff, the listing of which and the reasons why these statements are both stupid and obnoxious, would send this thread hurtling straight down the path to Flamewar Hell never to return. Not to mention all this is really irrelevant to the purpose of this thread.

I find him unworthy of my respect. Certain I am that he does not care, yet millions of ppl also thinking that he's a clown is certainly influencing the court of public opinion - which might be problematic for him.

This thread :slap
Surely there is an area somewhere on this site where people can go and :horse as much as they want about things that are TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to collecting and entertainment?

Have the mods just disappeared, or are they so apathetic they've thrown their hands in the air and given up?

After nearly 15 years of coming to this site to escape "the noise" and find out about things I enjoy, the collective human insanity has now hijacked here as well.

For ***** sake, if you need to "express your feelings" go and do it on mindless, inane, social media, where it belongs and stop infecting this site with life-wasting ****.

Do you guys think Gina Carano might comeback in this film, as a Ranger perhaps?

This thread :slap
Surely there is an area somewhere on this site where people can go and :horse as much as they want about things that are TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to collecting and entertainment?

Have the mods just disappeared, or are they so apathetic they've thrown their hands in the air and given up?

After nearly 15 years of coming to this site to escape "the noise" and find out about things I enjoy, the collective human insanity has now hijacked here as well.

For ***** sake, if you need to "express your feelings" go and do it on mindless, inane, social media, where it belongs and stop infecting this site with life-wasting ****.

Im just going to say this: the only person I see here melting down over this conversation is you. If it is that troubling to you, perhaps staying out of the thread might be the thing to do.

I will never understand people who are so easily triggered, insisting on being on social media (which this site very much is, btw) and every time they see something they disagree with, they flip their wigs. Frankly your remarks are inappropriate and worthy of removal.

Carano wants back into the franchise. She wont get her way, most likely but discussion as to the hows and whys is indeed relevant. Opinions are gonna differ and accepting that is part of adult discourse.

Im just going to say this: the only person I see here melting down over this conversation is you. If it is that troubling to you, perhaps staying out of the thread might be the thing to do.

I will never understand people who are so easily triggered, insisting on being on social media (which this site very much is, btw) and every time they see something they disagree with, they flip their wigs. Frankly your remarks are inappropriate and worthy of removal.

Carano wants back into the franchise. She wont get her way, most likely but discussion as to the hows and whys is indeed relevant. Opinions are gonna differ and accepting that is part of adult discourse.

I don't disagree with what you're saying about Carano, Musk and the case, I just think you've bashed everyone to death with it so many times that it's numbing.

I come to the thread in the hope that there's some news about the film (good or bad). Endlessly debating this legal issue isn't the title of the thread, last time I looked.

Personally, I don't have a stance on it one way or the other, right or wrong, left or right, up or down, as I couldn't be bothered wasting my time and energy getting wound up about people that have absolutely zero effect on my life.

So, if anyone is "triggered" I think it's you - about my requests to gets the thread back on topic, and clearly by Carano and Musk's very existence.

Do you guys think Gina Carano might comeback in this film, as a Ranger perhaps?

Will give an industry perspective on some of the moving parts here. People can make of that data as they will. I respect everyone's right to their viewpoint and opinion, also I want to live in a world where people can and do disagree with me.

1) Any scandal linking to Pedro Pascal could trigger a delay in the release of the Mando/Grogu feature film. Delays mean money, lots of it. Once you hit some ugly budgetary overruns, you are putting yourself in a position to lose money overall on the project. This angers investors. Disney still needs to answer to it's shareholders in the end. There is a real legitimate fiduciary duty to them in that regard.

2) Because the MCU and Star Wars universes have "synergy" in their scheduling and rollouts, it means one delay can cause a freeway sized pile up in cascading delays with other projects. The MCU already has to figure out some workarounds for Jonathan Majors being pushed out, which causes a domino effect down the chain. Now you have an entire slate of performers, directors, writers, crew, etc, etc, including all the marketing, advertising, digital, etc, etc being forced to keep eating these delays. That's time, forced compromise, money and making it harder and harder to get quality people working for you and/or staying with you.

3) This Carano suit can generate a scandal/"cancel culture" situation for Pascal. Is that guaranteed? No, it's not. But part of this equation is the loss of audience capture by corporate legacy media. There is now a new "synergy" within "independent media" that removes Disney's ability to effectively reframe the narrative here in the national and international daily media cycle. The combined impact of Joe Rogan ( at minimum, 11 million views per episode, for reference, the next in line with a counter narrative in corporate legacy media only breaks about 2 million viewers per episode, and her network effectively benched her ) Twitter/X has roughly around 450 million monthly active users. The Daily Wire, where Carano still has a holding contract, still has a roster with some very large platforms, the key being Brett Cooper, who has close to 4 million subscribers in the Gen Z category that Disney covets. One of the reasons that the InBev scandal went viral and spun out of control is the corporate legacy media could no longer contain their narrative. Now you have outlets like Breaking Points, The Young Turks, The Hill Rising, Tim Pool/Timcast, Piers Morgan, The Critical Drinker and countless others who provide an immediate counter narrative. It's not just if Pedro Pascal is seen as "toxic" or not, it's how quickly that kind of message gets out and hits a saturation point in the national daily media cycle.

4) Legal discovery will cover not just known social media posts, but now we are talking about private communications, private texts, internal emails, voice mails, etc, etc. How many of you would be "cancelled" if your private texts for the last four years got exposed to the public? People say things they forget is being archived forever. They get comfortable. They make jokes or make comments that are not politically correct. People are human. The "cancel culture" has no mercy. It does not forgive. It has no grace. It just consumes. Because it's not based on empathy. If this spirals out of control, it could vastly delay a Mando/Grogu feature film

5) Baby Yoda is a merchandising monster. You'd need to go to Frozen to find another IP that has merch hit so hard and so fast with people all over the world. Neutralizing Pascal now neutralizes Grogu's merchandising pathway on a larger scale. This is no small factor for The Big Mouse

6) The Daily Wire, that produced and released a film for Carano post Disney scandal, is rolling out Bentkey, a smaller studio devoted to children's programming. Will they over take Disney? No, that's impossible. That's like trying to kill of something like Lego. However it's in their interests to use all their leverage to cause Disney to take huge financial losses, because eventually there will be a lawsuit from the shareholders citing a breach of fiduciary duty by Disney HQ. ( There's more than enough fertile ground there without this scandal) The Daily Wire is not being covert about this, they are capitalizing on the current Snow White scandal and releasing their own version of Snow White. Massive lawsuits force more legal discovery. Which generates "cleaning house" Sometimes cleaning house means people get fired in the industry. Sometimes it means people get dragged into an empty cornfield. The Big Mouse cannot afford to lose money on the Mando/Grogu film. Just a series of massive delays will be enough to do it.

7) Carano and Pascal and the rest signed Non Disclosure Agreements with Disney. However Musk is one of the few people in the world where he can literally fund someone and make them whole again if they are financially hammered by lawsuits if they violate their NDAs. The Jewish establishment in the industry are also circling the wagons based on some other current events, which has created a massive fracture point all over the industry. That means there are people within Disney right now who might violate their NDAs, to the detriment of Pascal and to the benefit of Carano, just over that issue alone.

8) The Mandalorian's entire run also was wedged around the pandemic shut downs and lock downs. So another potential factor here is any changes in the NDAs, if they were updated, as the Force Majeure clauses in all contracts certainly had to change too. This might turn into another push/pull factor here.

9) Do I think Carano will ever play Cara Dune again? I do not. Her acting career is pretty much over at this point for the next decade. Maybe over time, she'll end up like Isaiah Washington and this will wash away slowly. But obviously blacklisted by Disney. Do I think the Mando/Grogu film risks being shelved completely? I do not. It's one of the few success stories for Star Wars in the past decade. However the industry was already quietly bracing for another potential pandemic related lockdown by the end of this year. Also the last four months of 2024 ( and into the first 6 months of of 2025) could be marred with violence, looting, burning, rioting and open violence on the streets in every major city in America. Either of those scenarios could kill the local movie theater for everyone. But this delay cycle only causes more problems because no matter how popular something is, once you stretch time too far, you risk losing more of your core audience. You can't saturate your audience with a mass of mediocre content, but you can't starve them out as well.

So what should Disney do at this point? Pressure test Pascal. Run what is effectively a Red Cell protocol. Send in your own people to hypothetically try to "cancel" him off book and in private and see what happens. Based on that potential, you make your decision / option tree from that. They'll also need to pressure test Tom Hiddleston if one situation creates an unintended spiral. The disparity in treatment to Hiddleston and Majors could end up being glaring. I enjoy Hiddleston as an actor, but off camera, he's done things that would make people's eyes bleed out. Obviously the containment situation / pathway around social media was different, but again, to the "cancel culture", they won't care.

On an aside, Hamill, Weather ( RIP), Pascal and Carano all know better. No one on that list was an industry novice. It's hard enough to succeed in the industry, you don't need to make things harder than it needs to be. What no one talks about is when you do stuff that causes havoc, discord, pain, suffering, controversy, toxicity, etc, etc, you are messing with the below the line working class people in the industry. Those people, most of them, aren't backed up by fame and millions. They are just folks who want to pay their rent and put food on the table for their kids. I'm all for free speech, but Carano has to also consider the working class people on the show and around the show's pathway, and ask herself did she hurt those people. And Pascal as the lead of the show, has the most responsibility in that regard. Don't risk alienating up to half the country when it's not needed and your employer, The Big Mouse, doesn't want it. But the question becomes does The Big Mouse hold that position from the HQ level as well. Sometimes it seems they don't.

Why is this happening? Because you get the relationships in this life that you believe you deserve. In my book, this is the story of two morons. Carano being a moron. And Pascal also being a moron too. Pascal also has scandal outside of this that can cause him some real problems. I'll leave that there though. Put it this way, it's better to just not start flipping over rocks, because you create a situation where more and more keep getting flipped over.

The larger concern for The Big Mouse should be being sued by their shareholders. Not just this issue, but an entire slate of issues that start to ask heavy questions about actual fiduciary duty. Or lack of it apparently. This is very likely Musk's end game with this. But that's a more complex topic that edges out of the Mando/Grogu film realm. But should such a lawsuit occur, that would definitely also start causing more delays in the current MCU/Star Wars slate and schedule, which again, only hurts this specific film in a bad way.

The public perception of your strength is partially based on who comes after you. If some here assess Carano as small potatoes, then what does it say about The Big Mouse's position that she can potentially make this entire thing spiral out of control? Odds aren't high, but they are there. What would I do as Disney? Pay off an offshoot distant from Disney to give Carano a regular role in a TV show somewhere. Lots of networks have original programming. Use it as a backdoor payoff. Try to allow both sides to save some public face. The combined platforms of Musk/Twitter/Rogan/Daily Wire is too much leverage behind Carano right now to manage. Disney is not in a strength position, so adjust accordingly.

How many of you would be "cancelled" if your private texts for the last four years got exposed to the public?
barney-stinson-raise-hand-x6riskz3lbetqzqp.gif

It's rather baffling to read that some still seem to believe Carano gives a rat's ass about Disney, or her Hollywood career for that matter. She won't crawl back to the mouse unless they decide to build her a mansion next to Skywalker ranch AND issue an official apology. I'm personally not on any particular side in this upcoming fight, but it will still be highly interesting to see how it all goes down...

My texts from the past four years:

*Want anything from the store? I'm stopping on the way home.

*Husband: How's it going? [at my work]
Me: [too overwhelmed by fifty tasks to reply for the next four hours]

*Mom: I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!
*Mom: If I took 1/4 of an Oxycodone and I feel flushed, I'm allergic right? SHOULD I GO TO THE ER...?

*Work wife: GOD did you SEE that s*** this morning! I HATE that dayshift med nurse SO MUCH I HATE HER!!
Me: [makes soothing noises, the dayshift med nurse really is a b no jokin']

...and so many, many more. I think I'm pretty safe. I miss a life of danger and excitement and secret messages.

MHG: If some here assess Carano as small potatoes, then what does it say about The Big Mouse's position that she can potentially make this entire thing spiral out of control?

I just don't believe that she's important enough to make anything spiral out of control but her own career.

What she's done here is, instead of hurting her ex-employers she has poisoned her own well as far as future job opportunities.

The combined platforms of Musk/Twitter/Rogan/Daily Wire is too much leverage behind Carano right now to manage.

Are these RW outlets really on the warpath on her behalf? If so I have not heard a thing about it.

Last edited:
Well, Musk, Twitter, and Daily Wire certainly have her back.

Not sure about Rogan, unless there's a connection there from UFC. I don't know if they're close or not.

Back