Dave Filoni new Chief Creative Officer of Lucasfilm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In one way, his knowledge of lore is extensive.

In another way, his obsession with converting animation to live action and weak writing aren't strong points.

I thank him for creating Baylan Skoll though.

1700598624670.gif

It's funny because if this news predated the Ahsoka show, most people would probably be celebrating rn.

I was pretty lukewarm to it myself and have never really bought into Filoni being this "savior of Star Wars" some made him out to be-- but it really is hilarious how quick people turned on him.

I feel like it's been mostly universal praise for this move almost everywhere I've looked so far, so of course people here are going to be downers about anything new with Star Wars per usual.

I actually think this is a great movie. Filoni's analogy about being put on a Jedi Council of sorts is perfect. He's not in charge like Feige is with Marvel, which means he can't do whatever he wants or only tell stories from his perspective. He's incredible with lore and his specialty seems to be fantastic moments that get people talking, so now that he's in a position where he can help people with their stories from jump street, he can help build all of that up.

Filoni's expertise in universe get valued appropriately here without giving him complete control. It's the perfect way to use him.

I feel like it's been mostly universal praise for this move almost everywhere I've looked so far, so of course people here are going to be downers about anything new with Star Wars per usual.

I actually think this is a great movie. Filoni's analogy about being put on a Jedi Council of sorts is perfect. He's not in charge like Feige is with Marvel, which means he can't do whatever he wants or only tell stories from his perspective. He's incredible with lore and his specialty seems to be fantastic moments that get people talking, so now that he's in a position where he can help people with their stories from jump street, he can help build all of that up.

Filoni's expertise in universe get valued appropriately here without giving him complete control. It's the perfect way to use him.
Same, but this place has a hard on to hate Disney led Star Wars.....

The cynic in me thinks this is KK's direct response to South Park (I mean come on look at the timing) and that it's her effort to elevate a puppet that can shield her from such scathing criticism going forward.

Because it just isn't her style to promote someone immediately after they do something that bombs (Ahsoka ratings.)

That Henry movie bombs? Trevorrow fired.
Game of Thrones Season 8? Those two guys fired.
Ahsoka tanks? Oh wait South Park humiliates KK so Filoni is...promoted.

Yeah just not buying it. She's probably already pissed that he immediately announced that he still takes orders from KK so not to blame him for what comes next, lol.

This is good news as far as I am concerned.

Does this mean Pablo Hidalgo has been pink slipped? :pray:

Last edited:
Filoni has always been overrated and he and Lucas had quite a few disagreements over the years. Filoni is a lot like Lucas actually. He is very creative but without others holding him back he goes overboard into cringe territory and his writing is horrible (he needs good writers doing that role not him) and his direction is... well, kinda weak too.

If he is just there to be creative and pitch general ideas, maybe blocking really bad ideas from being made, while better writers and directors actually make the shows it will be good news, if he is gonna be fully in charge making decisions without sufficient pushback and writing / directing projects himself then prepare for more sub par stuff with new and improved hyperspeed ramming space wolves and fire breathing Gandalf dragons.

It's funny because if this news predated the Ahsoka show, most people would probably be celebrating rn.

I was pretty lukewarm to it myself and have never really bought into Filoni being this "savior of Star Wars" some made him out to be-- but it really is hilarious how quick people turned on him.
Most people are celebrating this, unless you just look at this board cause it’s full of miserable old men… :lol

Filoni has always been overrated and he and Lucas had quite a few disagreements over the years. Filoni is a lot like Lucas actually. He is very creative but without others holding him back he goes overboard into cringe territory and his writing is horrible (he needs good writers doing that role not him) and his direction is... well, kinda weak too.

If he is just there to be creative and pitch general ideas, maybe blocking really bad ideas from being made, while better writers and directors actually make the shows it will be good news, if he is gonna be fully in charge making decisions without sufficient pushback and writing / directing projects himself then prepare for more sub par stuff with new and improved hyperspeed ramming space wolves and fire breathing Gandalf dragons.
Rude.
There's nothing wrong with the future of SW where the unkillable Ahsoka has a magic Force girl baby who has a pet Lothal wolf who saves the rebellious son of Rey Skywalker (Kylo being so powerful his ESSENCE made a kid) and together with their rag tag Rebels (including baby Yoda, the twin daughters of D'jarin and Bo-katan, and some random alien pickpocket) take on the biggest space ball evah. Goes without saying that little Ani (named for Anakin who creepily pops up and scares the &%$* out of the kid "I see dead people") is simply the best pilot, fighter, kind and wise blah blah.

Most people are celebrating this, unless you just look at this board cause it’s full of miserable old men… :lol
No, it is most people in echo chambers share the same views, so in the places you frequent, they love it, in places you dont they hate it. Here is more balanced. Count the positive users on this thread vs negative and you see a more balanced result than elsewhere.

No, it is most people in echo chambers share the same views, so in the places you frequent, they love it, in places you dont they hate it. Here is more balanced. Count the positive users on this thread vs negative and you see a more balanced result than elsewhere.
If you count dedicated spaces for Star Wars discussion as an echo chamber, sure.

Every thread on this site turns into an “echo chamber” at some point, it’s inevitable, look at the Kenobi thread. Yet anytime I ask someone outside of here about Kenobi they seemed to (somehow) enjoy it.

I’ve seen very few negative reactions to this across Facebook, Twitter and multiple Star Wars subreddits :dunno.

Back