The Mandalorian & Grogu (Theatrical Movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if she'll still fit into her Cara Dune costume. I think she might have put on a bit of weight since then.

I really liked her as Cara Dune, particularly her interactions with Ol' Billy Burr.

Wish her every success in suing the rat.
8f1904.gif

Last edited:
Wish her every success in suing the rat.
She might need all the luck she can get. Word is she wasnt 'fired' she just didn't have her contract renewed based on Lucasfilm's statement at the time.

"Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future."

It will be interesting to see if the story beats come into play as ‘proof.’ They clearly were setting up Cara for something more but that could go either way really. Plenty of characters get written off to go do something else away from the main cast’s story because they want to leave the show or they’re becoming the Duchess of Essex. Other times it sets up a spin off or an increases role in the next season. So I’m curious if that aspect is used by either side.

Sadly, they’ll probably be using a similar tactic to explain Greef Carga’s departure now that Weathers has passed. Unless they also have him just pass unexpectedly in his sleep. I would think only Baylon would require recasting as his storyline was clearly unresolved and crucial to Ahsoka and company’s return.

It will be interesting to see if the story beats come into play as ‘proof.’ They clearly were setting up Cara for something more but that could go either way really. Plenty of characters get written off to go do something else away from the main cast’s story because they want to leave the show or they’re becoming the Duchess of Essex. Other times it sets up a spin off or an increases role in the next season. So I’m curious if that aspect is used by either side.
They were going to give Carano her own show :

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rangers_of_the_New_Republic

Hopefully the verdict is she has to appear in the Mando Movie
And she's re-written as the main antagonist. :wink1:

The problem here is that IIRC, she was not terminated. They simply refused to renew her contract. If there was no termination, what is the basis of her suit?

I say they hire her back and put her in the stupidest, absolutely lowest-level thing Disney makes. That has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with SW.

Also, Elon Musk is even stupider than she is. We could pay off the national debt with the money this IDIOT has wasted. He flushes money down the toilet for giggles; he runs hundred dollar bills through the shredder and then flushes them. I can't believe I once respected this guy. I thought he was a genius. And then... he opened his mouth. These two deserve each other.

😂 It’s always funny when randoms on the internet call one of the richest men in the history of the world stupid 😂

I mean he’s obviously wrong sometimes (as is everyone) but to call him “stupid” is about as wrong as wrong can get.

He’s building the platform as the public square and championing free speech (and yes i know he has blind spots and is not a free speech absolutist) so he has a financial interest in ensuring X users feel safe speaking their mind on the platform. Not many people will feel comfortable voicing their opinions if they’re getting fired for it.

And it’s worth repeating that Carono did not spew hate with her posts and never should have been fired for opinions that 50% of the population probably agreed with.

Haha JFC, Musk loves wasting his money.

Carano must need the cash seeing as her acting career imploded.

Legal discovery in this case will implicate Pedro Pascal. Which then threatens the Mando feature film, The Last Of Us S2 and the MCU project that Pascal is short listed for in the near future. To what degree, at this point, is a bit uncertain.

Carano is still signed to a holding contract with The Daily Wire. She's not making millions, but she won't starve. For Carano, the benefit of Musk on her side is the massive platform of X/Twitter. Also she'll have the joint platform of Joe Rogan as well. This may end up less about Carano and more about paying her off with a settlement to protect Pascal and, by extension, the projects he has on slate for the near term.

Kathleen Kennedy's sister was a long time spox for a dark money bundler for the CCP. That's a major fracture point for her in terms of hard vetting her in public, on Twitter, to the point of creating leverage against her. In the industry, at a high level, they daisy chain everyone around you looking for loose ends. They come for what you love first.

Jose Canseco was a loud mouth who just got too old, too slow, too outspoken and too injured to do anything more in Major League Baseball. He was also a high conflict personality type and shameless grifter long after he was MVP for the Oakland A's. MLB went to war with him because they usually just run people over that oppose them. Except Canseco set off a firestorm that created massive carnage for the entire sport. Tainted it forever. Had MLB truly realized the kind of domino effect that would happen, and how much money would be lost and how much they'd have to give up to get the mainstream media and elected officials paid off to make some of this go away or disappear, it would have just been easier to pay Canseco off. Give him a phantom job in the league making 10 million a year. MLB could have paid Canseco 50 million a year for the rest of his life and it still be exponentially less than the total bloodshed he inflicted on them. Things that look small to start sometimes don't end up that way.

The issue of paying off Carano is also about the domino effect that could set off around her. Having the Twitter/X and Rogan platforms on her side is no small threat.

😂 It’s always funny when randoms on the internet call one of the richest men in the history of the world stupid 😂

I mean he’s obviously wrong sometimes (as is everyone) but to call him “stupid” is about as wrong as wrong can get.

He paid billions to burn Twitter to the ground, and this outcome is progressing nicely as I type. To me, paying billions for something in order to destroy it is the definition of stupid, but we will have to agree to disagree.

As for Carano, all the king's horses and all the king's men will NEVER put her back at Mando's side again. Its not gonna happen. If Musk wants to burn 10 million [or however much] in order for Miss Boo-Hoo to tilt at windmills in court, that's on him. Boo-Hoo better learn that adult actions [violating the terms of your Social Media contract section] have adult consequences.

Someone else: Except Canseco set off a firestorm that created massive carnage for the entire sport. Tainted it forever.

I'm amused that you're holding what happened with MLB over decades! Decades, and billions of dollars! involving how many hundreds of people! equivalent to one never-was hack "actress" not getting her contract renewed because she could not shut her yap.

How are they going to "implicate" Pedro Pascal? Disney said "cut it out," and being sufficiently intelligent what did he do? He cut it out, as he wanted to keep his job. How is that actionable? That's a barn-burner of an accusation right there, I tell ya.

Perhaps this suit will be the thing that brings down WOKE DISNEY, ending their hegemony forever and casting them into Outer Darkness, but I wouldn't bet on it, no not for one second.

Last edited:
Remember when a certain Florida Governor went to war with Disney and then he quietly backed off when he started losing, hoping that Disney would just forget about it?

Didn’t a court just dismiss Disney’s lawsuit against Florida?

Also if the metric of being “stupid” is losing money I’m sure Disney has lost WAY more $Billions$ since their peak in 2021 than Twitter did since Musk bought it 😂

Anyone know if the Carano lawsuit is happening in California? I know that state has explicit laws about discriminating on the basis of political beliefs. It was implemented to counter the McCarthyism from the 50’s. Oh the irony of it being used against this new progressive blackballing 😂

Last edited:
It's funny how Musk fired people for talking **** about him on Twitter and now he's defending Carano for talking **** on Twitter. Tells you all you need to know really.

He paid billions to burn Twitter to the ground, and this outcome is progressing nicely as I type. To me, paying billions for something in order to destroy it is the definition of stupid, but we will have to agree to disagree.

Last I checked, twitter is still around.

If by "burned it to the ground" you mean "I don't like it anymore" then sure...it's "destroyed."

If every user that left in a snit over what they think are mean tweets was replaced with a troll who loves stirring the nest, what difference does it make? Supposedly it's usage has only gone UP since he bought it. All that matters to him is users, clicks, ads, and MONEY.

Rumours that Musk might be involved in a deal to buy Disney,

If it happens I hope he takes the original camera negatives of ‘the Last Jedi’ and uses Space X to launch them into the sun 😂

While I don't disagree about TLJ, its doubtful - very - as to whether or not this fool has what it takes to buy Disney.

"...Realistically, it seems incredibly unlikely. Such an action would require an astronomical amount of funds of roughly speaking four times the amount it took for him to buy Twitter. The board would also have to agree to such an arrangement — after seeing Twitter's value crater under Musk's bizarre rule."

The board will not be giving Musk the keys to Disney. This is one source of many.

https://futurism.com/elon-musk-disney

Supposedly it's usage has only gone UP since he bought it. All that matters to him is users, clicks, ads, and MONEY.

"So how’s it going at X today? Not great, according to several indicators.

Millions of users, including several celebrities, have quit in the wake of Musk’s takeover and dramatic refashioning of Twitter. In September 2023, monthly active users for X/Twitter had dropped 15% worldwide (and 18% in the U.S.) year-over-year, according to web analytics provider SimilarWeb," saith Variety.

https://variety.com/2023/digital/ne...ion-one-year-user-revenue-decline-1235770297/

Regardless! Good luck to Miss Boo-Hoo and her new best pal Elon; a confederacy of dunces if ever there was one. Neither party is known for their wise choices, I need to restock the microwave popcorn. This'll be great!

good.gif

Back