The Mandalorian & Grogu (Theatrical Movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless! Good luck to Miss Boo-Hoo and her new best pal Elon; a confederacy of dunces if ever there was one. Neither party is known for their wise choices, I need to restock the microwave popcorn. This'll be great!

Your undeniable hatred for these two people is incredible. Did they do something to you personally to make you so angry that you've needed to waste pages and pages on stating your case over and over again?

Bring on world war 3. What a sorry state humanity is in at the moment; a bunch a petulant children aggressively lashing out at one another for having different opinions...

Your undeniable hatred for these two people is incredible. Did they do something to you personally to make you so angry that you've needed to waste pages and pages on stating your case over and over again?

Bring on world war 3. What a sorry state humanity is in at the moment; a bunch a petulant children aggressively lashing out at one another for having different opinions...

Never confuse hatred with scorn. And feel a great deal of scorn for these two who have *everything,* and still are not happy - yes I do. Musk in particular is one of the most petulant children out there.

To be fair this quality is shared by many other celebrities; Kanye West and every Kardashian out there are other examples that spring to mind.

However this brings the thread far off the rails. Carano and her new pal are going to waste millions in legal fees, and they will still lose. Its pure schadenfreude.

As a person who has a sibling that has a career in labor department law I can 100% guarantee that Gina Carano, who I enjoy, is going to lose this lawsuit I’m not 99% certain I’m 100% certain.

Here’s the catch, are you ready.

Gina Carano and Elon Musk also know 100% that they’re going to lose because this has nothing to do with her getting compensation or her job back. This is 100% all about the election year and the public battles between left and right ideology that’s all this is it has nothing to do with her compensation.

Remember she comes from a very very wealthy family she didn’t need Musk to fund her lawsuit.

Election year politics, nothing about compensation or career trajectory.

Oh and one more thing…

Perfect strategy lol

Last edited:
Wrongful termination, i’m very doubtful.

But as a political move during election year, a very smart play.

The latter is way more important than the former.

I'm sorry, to be fired your contract has to be current.

After your contract has expired, you don't have a contract anymore. And hence are not employed.

If you're not employed, you cannot be fired.

Its just that simple. This is a poor attempt at a political stunt, that's all it is. Its tilting at a big and -very- lawyered-up windmill. Disney is well-known for the ferocity their legal department displays. They will C&D someone selling a $3 Mickey Mouse sticker on Etsy. They'll have lawyers all day long for this foolishness too.

Interesting, if California Law ^ ends up inadvertently in her favor.
If she's not disputing the contract, but the violation of the labor Law:
146. Section 1101 of the California Labor Code provides: No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy: (a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics... (b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.
149. Section 1102 of the California Labor Code provides: No employer shall coerce or influence or attempt to coerce or influence his employees through or by means of threat of discharge or loss of employment to adopt or follow or refrain from adopting or following any particular course or line of political action or political activity.
Likely their strongest claim:
152. Defendants’ attempt to curtail Carano’s political activities outside of the workplace and control her political expression standing alone implies an employer policy in violation of Sections 1101 & 1102.

Another take, Nate the Lawyer...

I was somewhat aware of Hamill and Pascal's tweets, but not Weathers.
A difference might be if they asked and Hamill, Weathers and Pascal all pulled their tweets, capitulating to Disney, while she did not. She can't claim they singled her out because she is a woman, if they were all called out. (big if).
As to the content, though on opposite political sides, yeah, they all went there to some degree.

As to the claim wether she was "fired "or just not "renewed".
It might come down to to what was actually on paper, vs what they led her to believe:
28. Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy confirmed the production of the spinoff Rangers of the New Republic at Disney Investor Day in December 2020.

29. Carano would have been a series regular on Rangers of the New Republic. The standard agreement for a series regular would have been comparable to what other Disney+ actors received for other Star Wars spin-offs, a contract for approximately six years at a base compensation beginning at $150,000 to $250,000 per episode. Each season of a series typically has between 8 and 10 episodes.
30. All of this came to an end on February 10, 2021, when Defendants announced through the media that Carano had been terminated from her role as Cara Dune and would not be hired for any other projects with Defendants, all because she expressed her political opinions on social media.

35. Chapek’s statement ...also shows that Carano was fired, not for her performance as an actress, but because her political opinions did not align with those of Disney management.
Besides the announcements on "Investors Day" , they literally shot the scene setting it up...
star-wars.jpg

giphy.gif

114. Further, prior to her termination, Carano had been told by Jon Favreau she was to be part of a series of new Star Wars movies based on the various Star Wars Disney+ series to be released in theaters in the near future, a group of movies which includes the recently announced movie based on The Mandalorian.
Probably the ^most significant to this thread, and why the lawsuit is likely being launched now.

Last edited:
But seriously, not trolling you, how does a C-list actress not getting her contract renewed motivate any voters?

No one in the White House has anything to do with who Disney hires. The WH does not have even one dog in this fight.

Carano and her new buddy seem to think this is Gandalf vs. Saruman, or perhaps House Atreides vs. House Harkonnen. Does the general public think so? Good question. I will enjoy watching them scream MAY THY KNIFE CHIP AND SHATTER! at opposing counsel all day. To the tune of millions of $$. 🎪

I'm still waiting for the guy to fight Zuckerberg...I hope his mum finally lets him do it.

The problem here is that IIRC, she was not terminated. They simply refused to renew her contract. If there was no termination, what is the basis of her suit?

I say they hire her back and put her in the stupidest, absolutely lowest-level thing Disney makes. That has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with SW.

Also, Elon Musk is even stupider than she is. We could pay off the national debt with the money this IDIOT has wasted. He flushes money down the toilet for giggles; he runs hundred dollar bills through the shredder and then flushes them. I can't believe I once respected this guy. I thought he was a genius. And then... he opened his mouth. These two deserve each other.
What did he say that offended you so much?

"So how’s it going at X today? Not great, according to several indicators.

Millions of users, including several celebrities, have quit in the wake of Musk’s takeover and dramatic refashioning of Twitter. In September 2023, monthly active users for X/Twitter had dropped 15% worldwide (and 18% in the U.S.) year-over-year, according to web analytics provider SimilarWeb," saith Variety.

https://variety.com/2023/digital/ne...ion-one-year-user-revenue-decline-1235770297/

Regardless! Good luck to Miss Boo-Hoo and her new best pal Elon; a confederacy of dunces if ever there was one. Neither party is known for their wise choices, I need to restock the microwave popcorn. This'll be great!

View attachment 688382
Ad revenue is down, but profits are up, and that's all that maters. Twitter NEVER made money before he bought it, but it does now... I'm a numbers guy, I follow the numbers lol

Back