Dave Filoni new Chief Creative Officer of Lucasfilm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never was into the cartoon stuff very much, though I know apparently a lot of fans are.
I've always thought Filoni gets too much praise for that clone wars one, given Lucas was quite involved as I understand it.
So cartoon shows aside, we have Mando season 1 and 2, which were good, but how much of that was Filoni, how much Favreau?
Then Season 3, which was awful. Same question, how much was that Filoni, how much Favreau?
BoBF was dreadful. Did Filoni have any involvement in that?
What I do know, is that personally I don’t like Filoniisms. Don't like his space and/or Force whales, wolves, owls or cats. Don't like the time travel world between worlds, don't like the physical manifeststion of the Force family rubbish (I really don't like that) and given the statue of the Father appears at the end of Ahsoka, I assume that crap will be introduced into live action like a lot of his other cartoon stuff.
So to fans like me, who don't like Filoni nonsense or his cartoons, who thought aside from an episode or 2 Ahsoka was dire, the news that Filoni and his precious waifu Ahsoka are the future of Star Wars from here on out, is just the final nail in the coffin of Star Wars.
Also, given Ahsoka's mediocre viewing figures, I wonder how many Filoni fans there really are in the fandom, or are they a vocal minority on the internet.
Don't worry, us grumpy old men that have kept Star Wars going for 40 years will go, you can have Star Wars.
I'm sure the Filnoi niche is big enough to ensure future success for Star Wars.
Me and my negativity will depart, leaving only the positive Filoni vibes to populate this thread.

Never was into the cartoon stuff very much, though I know apparently a lot of fans are.
I've always thought Filoni gets too much praise for that clone wars one, given Lucas was quite involved as I understand it.
So cartoon shows aside, we have Mando season 1 and 2, which were good, but how much of that was Filoni, how much Favreau?
Then Season 3, which was awful. Same question, how much was that Filoni, how much Favreau?
BoBF was dreadful. Did Filoni have any involvement in that?
What I do know, is that personally I don’t like Filoniisms. Don't like his space and/or Force whales, wolves, owls or cats. Don't like the time travel world between worlds, don't like the physical manifeststion of the Force family rubbish (I really don't like that) and given the statue of the Father appears at the end of Ahsoka, I assume that crap will be introduced into live action like a lot of his other cartoon stuff.
So to fans like me, who don't like Filoni nonsense or his cartoons, who thought aside from an episode or 2 Ahsoka was dire, the news that Filoni and his precious waifu Ahsoka are the future of Star Wars from here on out, is just the final nail in the coffin of Star Wars.
Also, given Ahsoka's mediocre viewing figures, I wonder how many Filoni fans there really are in the fandom, or are they a vocal minority on the internet.
Don't worry, us grumpy old men that have kept Star Wars going for 40 years will go, you can have Star Wars.
I'm sure the Filnoi niche is big enough to ensure future success for Star Wars.
Me and my negativity will depart, leaving only the positive Filoni vibes to populate this thread.
Yeah I have to agree, if the Ahsoka series is any indication of the future of Star Wars under the creative control of Filoni, then I don’t have a lot of hope for the future of the franchise. At least it’s a win for my bank account.

No, it is most people in echo chambers share the same views, so in the places you frequent, they love it, in places you dont they hate it. Here is more balanced. Count the positive users on this thread vs negative and you see a more balanced result than elsewhere.
Reddit and Twitter are the biggest cesspools on earth when it comes to fandoms and I've seen nothing but praise for Filoni's promotion on both of those platforms, so I don't think this board is a good judge of the reaction to the move.

Most people are very optimistic about this.

He’s not going to be writing and directing everything. He’s just overseeing and advising on projects from their inception, which he is the most qualified person to do so.

You may not like his writing/directing style, but he knows and loves Star Wars, he is George Lucas’s protege. There is no better person for this position other than George himself.

From what I can tell he’s going to be ensuring that there is a clear and defined creative vision for the franchise going forward, something it has been sorely lacking.

Hopefully no more Sequel Trilogy/BOBF/OWK disasters.

Reddit and Twitter are the biggest cesspools on earth when it comes to fandoms and I've seen nothing but praise for Filoni's promotion on both of those platforms, so I don't think this board is a good judge of the reaction to the move.

Most people are very optimistic about this.
The Reddit Star Wars pages (other than Saltier than Crait) are toxicly positive to Disney Star Wars from what I have seen, so places like that being hugely positive to the news is no surprise at all actually. This forum is definitely more balanced.

Calling this forum balanced is hilarious. Maybe for this promotion for Dave in particular I could see a glimpse of it. But otherwise, that's a good joke.

I specifically come here just to see all the things wrong with a TV show, movie, or any popular media that just released. The positive forum goers are far and few and when you like something you get called a "shill" or "don't have taste."

I've tried to get through the Clone Wars animated series but it's been tough. I've made it about 3 seasons in so far. There's some gems in there. I know it gets better and I'll get through it eventually but it's definitely been a slog. I think Dave is a great fit for the role though. Do you know how many franchises (games, movies, shows) are headed by people who only care about money? Dave at least has passion for Star Wars. I can get behind that. He just needs the right team to keep him at his best, without getting too far into his Filoni-isms.

My only problems with Filoni is that he leans to heavy into the Fantasy side of SW, and when he "borrows" from something for inspiration he's to on the nose with it such as Ahsoka the White/LOTR.

That's just my taste though, I prefer my SW more grounded like Andor, or Smugglers/Bounty Hunters, with the mystic stuff more rare and less in your face.

When all the stories they tell have the Force and lightsabers up front, it makes it less special/unique, and more mundane. Which is exactly how I feel about SW now. With the constant oversaturation of product, none of it feels special or exciting anymore.

I specifically come here just to see all the things wrong with a TV show, movie, or any popular media that just released. The positive forum goers are far and few and when you like something you get called a "shill" or "don't have taste."
What?? I like controversial things all the time and never get called those things. :lol

Filoni is capable of some very interesting stuff.

Otherwise, what we're looking at is Ahsoka. Ahsoka everywhere.

All the time.

...where the unkillable Ahsoka has a magic Force girl baby who has a pet Lothal wolf who saves the rebellious son of Rey Skywalker (Kylo being so powerful his ESSENCE made a kid)

We'll need a special nativity scene for that. 'Tis the season. You know, like this.

mando nativity.jpg

Filoni is capable of some very interesting stuff.

Otherwise, what we're looking at is Ahsoka. Ahsoka everywhere.

All the time.

We'll need a special nativity scene for that. 'Tis the season. You know, like this.
It's in the extended version in TLJ - Kylo reaches out his hand and little pink sparkles wrap around Rey - but KK didn't want make some guy that powerful so the sparkles got scrubbed. But months later Rey has little Ky-lo Skywalker.

Whose fate is to be sort of a purse holder for Ahsoka's kid.:monkey3

It's in the extended version in TLJ - Kylo reaches out his hand and little pink sparkles wrap around Rey - but KK didn't want make some guy that powerful so the sparkles got scrubbed. But months later Rey has little Ky-lo Skywalker.

Whose fate is to be sort of a purse holder for Ahsoka's kid.:monkey3
At least Filoni never would've let them do what they did to Luke Skywalker in that trilogy.

Calling this forum balanced is hilarious. Maybe for this promotion for Dave in particular I could see a glimpse of it. But otherwise, that's a good joke.

I've tried to get through the Clone Wars animated series but it's been tough. I've made it about 3 seasons in so far. There's some gems in there. I know it gets better and I'll get through it eventually but it's definitely been a slog. I think Dave is a great fit for the role though. Do you know how many franchises (games, movies, shows) are headed by people who only care about money? Dave at least has passion for Star Wars. I can get behind that. He just needs the right team to keep him at his best, without getting too far into his Filoni-isms.
I think you mistake negativity toward poorly made product with general negativity. OWK and BOBF got lots of hate because they were bad shows overall, while Andor got a lot of praise here because it was well made. This board having loads of negative posts is not due to members being negative nancies but due to so many shows/movies lately being terrible. When stuff is good, you see praise, when it is bad you see criticism, when it is mediocre you see a mix. Perfectly balanced, as it should be.

And yes, some people do have bad taste (CW shows keep going thanks to lack of good taste) but folk are allowed to like trash. I eat Mcdonalds every now and then and I love Prometheus despite knowing fully it is a complete illogical mess of a movie. I don't pretend it is somehow good just because I like it, I recognise it is a guilty pleasure.

It seems that folk think that any negativity means biased man baby (insert ist or ism here) when really that is what balance looks like. you see opinions you disagree with. Like the folk here who love the Zack Snyder DC movies and think they are amazing or who thought Andor was boring trash. I disagree. Their opinions do not harm me and they are allowed to like/hate whatever, we only disagree on statements of fact (such as claiming Ghostbusters 2016 was well written. It ain't).

If you want to see more positive people try the Star Wars pages on Reddit. Very little negativity there outside of Saltier than Crait. Or any of the other heavily moderated social media platforms. If you want more negativity try Saltier than Crait/4chan

The Reddit Star Wars pages (other than Saltier than Crait) are toxicly positive to Disney Star Wars from what I have seen, so places like that being hugely positive to the news is no surprise at all actually. This forum is definitely more balanced.
THIS forum is the more balanced?!... God help us all 🙈

Nah, just kidding... 🤪

Back