Dave Filoni new Chief Creative Officer of Lucasfilm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave Filoni on Ray Stevenson and the future of Baylan Skoll:
“Obviously, there’s a story there. We’re in a wait-and-see pattern at this point. But I’m glad the conversation is about Ray and how great he was"
"I used to have mini debates with him and say, ‘Ray, you’re the villain here.’ And he’d be like, ‘I don’t think so.’ I was like, ‘I know you don’t think so, but you are. I love that you’re playing it like you’re not.’ Which is exactly the way Baylan thinks"
(via @VanityFair)

1700773009819.png

Such a loss. :(

...but folk are allowed to like trash. I eat Mcdonalds every now and then and I love Prometheus despite knowing fully it is a complete illogical mess of a movie.

Ok, the comparison of Prometheus to Mickey D's made me laugh out loud.

Such a beautifully-shot movie and.... such utter trash.

Dave Filoni on Ray Stevenson and the future of Baylan Skoll:
“Obviously, there’s a story there. We’re in a wait-and-see pattern at this point. But I’m glad the conversation is about Ray and how great he was"
"I used to have mini debates with him and say, ‘Ray, you’re the villain here.’ And he’d be like, ‘I don’t think so.’ I was like, ‘I know you don’t think so, but you are. I love that you’re playing it like you’re not.’ Which is exactly the way Baylan thinks"
(via @VanityFair)

View attachment 675290

Such a loss. :(
Ray was the standout for me in the show. The reservation Baylon had in dispatching Ahsoka showed character depth and I really wanted to see more with him. He was a fine actor and sounded like a really great guy to be around.

He knew Baylan's motivations from day one and layered them into his performance.

He doesn't give a **** about the new Empire, Thrawn or Elsbeth.

He sees them as means to getting what he wants. He fended off Ahsoka, didn't want to kill her.

I am a big believer in Star Wars is dead.

The Brand is finished. Nothing has been made past 15 years have zero lasting/culttural impact.."beyond that's bad."

Terrible is nice to talks about but doesn't sell merch.

Is there any doubt that the who reason Bylon was made was so Shin could eventually off him? That sort of garbage is why Star Wars is done. Little kids don't care, teens don't care, adults no longer want to watch Star Wars with their kids.

Filoni is just a guy who will simply continue Star Wars march into irrelevance.

• Clone Wars
  • Rebels
  • Bad Batch
  • Rogue One
  • Andor
  • Ahsoka
  • Solo
  • The Mandalorian
  • Visions
  • Tales of the Jedi

So if you don't like anything released in the last 15 years then it seems like you want to hate everything and can't allow yourself to enjoy anything.Most of those things you list were interesting or original to me. I give you Andor was ok

• Clone Wars
  • Rebels
  • Bad Batch
  • Rogue One
  • Andor
  • Ahsoka
  • Solo
  • The Mandalorian
  • Visions
  • Tales of the Jedi

So if you don't like anything released in the last 15 years then it seems like you want to hate everything and can't allow yourself to enjoy anything.

Most of what is on your list was extremely boring to me. I'll give you Andor, as I like the vilains in it, they were pretty well written. Also the 1st episode of season one of the Mandalorian was cool because of the New Hope aesthetic. After that, it went downhill pretty fast. Rogue one was overrated, average people just remembers the last 5 minutes of it. All the other stuff you name, I have all try to listen to them but they bored me so much that I find that stuff repugnant. Dave Feloni has absolutely 0 ounce of originality in him. Also in 50 years, people will still talk about those Lucas movies but the stuff you named, not so much.

Star Wars isn't made for 12 year old kids anymore. Its having an identity crisis and can't decide if it wants to please 50 year old men or 20 year old women. Make content to please one demographic and the other will get pissed off.

Star Wars isn't made for 12 year old kids anymore. Its having an identity crisis and can't decide if it wants to please 50 year old men or 20 year old women. Make content to please one demographic and the other will get pissed off.
There’s no issue with them making different pieces of content for different age groups, as long as they clearly define it. But shows like Obi-Wan and BOBF that are supposed to be darker yet are still so dumbed down for stupid babies will always miss the mark.

Most of what is on your list was extremely boring to me. I'll give you Andor, as I like the vilains in it, they were pretty well written. Also the 1st episode of season one of the Mandalorian was cool because of the New Hope aesthetic. After that, it went downhill pretty fast. Rogue one was overrated, average people just remembers the last 5 minutes of it. All the other stuff you name, I have all try to listen to them but they bored me so much that I find that stuff repugnant. Dave Feloni has absolutely 0 ounce of originality in him. Also in 50 years, people will still talk about those Lucas movies but the stuff you named, not so much.
The movies that started it all will always be the most historically valuable. Some will filter it down to just the 1977 movie, others will add Empire, another subset will permit ROTJ aswell as part of the creator's story. Even the PT has some value as George's vision, like those movies or not (I personally don't)

Disney might make good movies or TV shows here or there but ultimately it's just riding coattails.

And I like Rogue One, Solo and Mandalorian (until season 3 anyway).

Imagine that. The most lucrative franchise in cinema and derivative products history for 40 years destroyed in less than 5.

Back