Dune: Part Three / Messiah

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really have to read Messiah and Children again, I only read them once and didn't like them.
'Messiah' felt like it was written quickly, almost an epilogue. In a way it was I guess. After the initial immersion and vast sweep of entering 'Dune', none of the other books grabbed me the same way.

'Messiah' felt like it was written quickly, almost an epilogue. In a way it was I guess. After the initial immersion and vast sweep of entering 'Dune', none of the other books grabbed me the same way.
Did you get to God Emperor? That's one of my favorites.

Yeah, it's a massive time leap, but one of the best books overall. Heretics is another massive leap, if I remember correctly, but I didn't enjoy it as much. Chapterhouse picks up in quality again, IMHO.

Yeah, it's a massive time leap, but one of the best books overall. Heretics is another massive leap, if I remember correctly, but I didn't enjoy it as much. Chapterhouse picks up in quality again, IMHO.
I've always intended to go further with the series, just haven't felt compelled to pick it back up as of yet. There's so much media out there at this point, and so little time...

You're the only person I've heard that from. Dozens of geeks seem to hate them. :unsure:
Haven’t read them but they’ve been getting published for the last 25 years so they must still be somewhat popular.

All the geeks that hate them seem to keep reading them… reminds me of somewhere… :lol

I read the first two prequel novels, House Atreides and House Harkonnen, but didn't have it in me to read House Corinno or the other novels.

Back