Next Lord of the Rings figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it would be the focus for the next phase of our LOTR series.
However, we are not receiving well from the licensee. I do not know why, but many of our LOTR projects are put on hold for this reason.
(Warner Bro... I think they have their hands full right now.)
I'd also like to know a bit more about this. I assume you need Warner Bros approve on any prototypes you create before they can be announced. It sounds like they are just not getting back to you, is that the case?

It does feel like there has been a major slowdown with your LOTR line, which has been disappointing, especially with a competitor now. It does sound like Thranduil and Gil-Galad are still going ahead and we will know more about these soon, but there was talk of Haldir, Eowyn, and Saruman, are those still in the works?

IMG_7447.gif

There have been rolling waves of layoffs and reorganizations behind the scenes at WB since Discovery took over two years ago (and also when AT&T was in charge before that). Would not surprise me if the licensing departments at WB are in flux behind the scenes causing delays in approvals to licensees. Don't know that for certain, but wouldn't be surprised.

Lurtz hitting a roadblock is better than being roadkill. At least it sounds like he’s still coming, eventually.

Now we just need to convince Asmus to make him a Crown release with real hair, leather armour, seamless arms (with metal endoskeleton,) plus a swap out severed/stump arm, and two sculpts/ smirking and snarling/roaring.

Honestly, I feel a well executed, premium Lurtz could become Asmus’ best ever release- if done right.

Back