More Hot Toys Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be getting Jor-El for sure. Might get Clark, not sure yet. Superman is an easy pass for me, as I already have a good enough version for myself. Though, if I DO see that sculpt loose on Ebay I will buy it up in a second. :lol

I dont like the head sculpt on Clark Kent,whats up with that smile?But superman and Jor-el is just awesome!

Yup, I thought it was different at first and it is, a different expression for sure and I'm not so sure I dig it either, not that it matters, I have an original HT CK and love it.

Jor-El is absof'n-lutely amazing, great sculpt, but where are the silvery white clothes? I see white but no silver. Bet it comes with Crystals...

And yeah Josh, I love my original Supes w/FML repaint below and yours kicks all kinds of ass too, Big Time, great stuff Bro!

DSC023372.jpg
DSC02327.jpg

DSC02322.jpg

Thanks EF!

Last edited:
Now that's awesome. Love the new headsculpt. And I love the fuller shorts.

Okay wait, are wetting the new fuller shorts or the small older type.

I hope it's the new one.

The original is much more rounder, not straight like the Returns shield.

I'm sure it would be the fuller style.

yup, as you can tell the new body shots are just the new headsculpt + old superman figure.. because you can't see the new patterns on the suit.

I'll be getting Jor-El for sure. Might get Clark, not sure yet. Superman is an easy pass for me, as I already have a good enough version for myself. Though, if I DO see that sculpt loose on Ebay I will buy it up in a second. :lol

Just so you know Superman and Clark come in a 2 pack. And form what I have read you only get 1 body but both sets of clothes so that you can choose how to display him. I will be getting this (I dont have ether of the originals) and possibly looking for a second body so I can display both of them.

I am extremely excited over this news.
With the Resident Evil and Appleseed figures coming out it makes me wonder what bomb shell Hot Toys will hit us with next month.
This market is heating up and setting all my cash on fire!!

I hadn't noticed that Jor-El's symbol was wrong - hopefully they'll change it before release. The Movie "S" is quite different from the comic book "S" that the prototype is wearing. I'm not sure I like how they did the clothes either. Of course they can't glow like in the movie - but something a little shinier might have looked better. But it's still a great looking figure.

Just so you know Superman and Clark come in a 2 pack. And form what I have read you only get 1 body but both sets of clothes so that you can choose how to display him. I will be getting this (I dont have ether of the originals) and possibly looking for a second body so I can display both of them.

Wow they're re-releasing their Superman! Man I missed the first one so I have to get this one, but if it does come in a two uniform set it might put this out of my price range. But I swear that Clark Kent figure has a different head sculpt then that Superman.
I wonder if they're going to re-release Their Batman Begins or release a Bale Bruce Wayne?

I wonder if they'll offer two stands with it. If not would the stand say just "Superman" or "Superman/Clark Kent"

Historically Hot Toys' stands can say quite a mouthful. So I would expect either "Superman/Clark Kent" or "2 in 1 Version Superman/Clark Kent."

Superman seems to be a reissue with slight modifications with some stripped down Clark Kent pieces -- just a two piece suit instead of a three piece with trenchcoat (and using the pre-existing patterns). There's two different head sculpts of course. The hands seem to be a compromise as it doens't seem to come with the grasping hands of Clark Kent or the karate chop hands of Superman. Instead it looks like it's Superman's fists and a pair of bendy hands.

That's all to suggest that this doesn't look like the ultimate Superman to end all Supermans. Just a really, really nice Superman with some Clark Kent clothes and head thrown in. If anyone missed either CK or Superman before now, they have no excuse to pass on this set.

I hadn't noticed that Jor-El's symbol was wrong - hopefully they'll change it before release. The Movie "S" is quite different from the comic book "S" that the prototype is wearing. I'm not sure I like how they did the clothes either. Of course they can't glow like in the movie - but something a little shinier might have looked better.

Now that we've gotten a better look at Jor-El, I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed with the outfit myself. Looks like he's in a terrycloth bathrobe and pj's. Feels kinda half-assed for HT.

Back