Micheal Keaton is awesome...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never said I had a preference but Keaton done more movement than Bale. From what I can remember. Especially running.

There's a huge difference between running/walking and jumping off rooftops. The longest part I remember in Begins was walking down Arkham with the mine bomb. I don't ever recall Bale running in Begins. I only saw Bale run once or twice in TDK. Even then it was nowhere near the distance Keaton went. Even at that Bale was doing more vehicle traveling than what Keaton did.

50 pounds of rubber was it not in that suit? Bale isn't carrying a rubber cape of some form either. I'd hate to imagine the feeling of Keatons suit. Hot and sweaty in all that rubber as it sticks to you. Any sweat running down the back of your neck. Or you get an itchy feeling.

okay, maby no rubber cape, correct but they all had to endure the same: where a rubber suit :) I think the difference isn't that big, they all sweated like hell for sure.

and yeah there is a difference between running/walking and jumping.
but Batman should jump more than run imo :) everbody can run/walk, but not everybody can jump from a building.
And before you go into this; yes Keaton also jumped of buildings :) and the part in Returns where he opened his cape afther battling catwoman is, for me, one of the best parts in the Burton Batman universe :)
But in generally, apart from that part, Bale jumped more than Keaton :) and I prefer a jumping batman!

once again, I don't have a favorite, but Bale is the coolest if we talk about jumping and flying :)
if you have to talk about walking, than okay, Keaton pulled of a cool walking batman :)

Keaton can run further, faster and natural with a full rubber suit and cape. Especially down a long road. Bale looked like he was struggling to run a short distance to the Pod or sidewalk on several occasions.

omg thats actually true lol!! i never noticed that really, but it did look like he was running akwardly, and keaton just ran smooth and fast. i thought it was because the rubber cape "flowed" better for running and that damn cloth cape looks like it kept getting in bales way. honestly, even if its not in the comics, the rubber cape i thought looked better too. it had a nice heavy and powerful flow to it that the blanket cape just didnt have (despite the fact they talked about how well the cloth cape flowed).

while we're on the discussion of suits, i must also say that keatons batsuit, both from B89 and Returns, had a very CLASSIC look to it. the oval bat symbol, well-propportioned cowl with tall sinister ears, "natural" leathery look to it, it looked like the batman i always envisioned him to look like. the new batsuits.. they were cool looking, but maybe a bit too cool, as in they tried to hard to make it look cool and the result was it lost a little bit of that batman-ish edge that the original batsuits had. it looked too techno. interesting, but not very batman-ish. and whats with both the BB and TDK suits haveing egghead cowls? the forehead looks like you could have soup in it or something.

It's good to hear a nice celebrity story for once, rather than the usual Phone throwing , Anti-semitic drunken ramblings at police officers and "Do you know who i am"s that hollywood actors often get reported on.

who the heck cares about anti-semetic ramblings? better then kissing there asses like most of hollywood (and the world) tend to do. not that im condoning it, but cmon gimmeabreak.

danny devito IMO was the most GRUESOME villain EVER. he wanted to DROWN ALL babies in CHEMICAL WASTE. ledger was good, but I dont see ANYONE topping deVito. end of rant. :)

I always thought Keaton didn't want to be associated with Batman, especially since he didn't participate at all in the recent special edition DVD's that came out a few years ago. Unlike Nicholson who was practically giddy about talking about his Joker character.

I always thought Keaton didn't want to be associated with Batman, especially since he didn't participate at all in the recent special edition DVD's that came out a few years ago. Unlike Nicholson who was practically giddy about talking about his Joker character.

It is a known fact the Michael Keaton use to dress up in costume at malls as Batman to make ends meet. Would you want to remember those times? :D

For the record Batman/Wayne Bale > Batman/Wayne Keaton any day. This is coming from a guy that still LOVES 1989 Batman too.

Wouldn't be a genuine Batman 1989/Keaton/Nicholson/Burton thread without the inclusion/comparison of TDK/Bale/Ledger/Nolan would it? God knows that we don't have enough discussions about the latter.

"this city.. just showed you.. thats its full of people........... ready to believe in good" sorry but bale sucks. What was he thinking trying to make batman sound like a retarded version of Tom Waits?..

This thread was brought back from the dead and the first thing that happens is another Batman actor comparison.

Michael Keaton is awesome. I wish I could hang out with him. Christian Bale is cool too.

It is a known fact the Michael Keaton use to dress up in costume at malls as Batman to make ends meet. Would you want to remember those times? :D

Um, you sure you're not getting your bats confused with Adam West?

Great story. I wish Keaton was working more.

Kevin Conroy is my favorite Batman but Keaton was pretty great...just watched Batm89 on Monday. Loved Bale in Begins...TDK he was about as bland as could be, IMO.

Clooney could have made a great Batman. He just had the misfortune of being in the worst Batman movie.

And Adam West does kind of rock. :rock

"this city.. just showed you.. thats its full of people........... ready to believe in good" sorry but bale sucks. What was he thinking trying to make batman sound like a retarded version of Tom Waits?..

He was probably thinking that he was playing a character who had...

...just got knocked down after being beaten with a crowbar quite viciously, at least a dozen times...

...after dealing with two dangerous, salivating dogs...

...and a SWAT team armed to the teeth...

...plus a whole bunch of crazy psychos looking to shoot him in the back...

...after having been in multiple car crashes the night before...

...and gotten stabbed, straight in the gut, with a giant blade the night before that.

That last point is perhaps the most important - the crowbar beating had probably re-opened his still-freshly-earned gut wound. Batman's a bad-ass, but he's not invincible, and the fighting and injuries will take their toll. That was the whole point of showing him tired and in pain.

I don't think you, I, or anyone else would be able to talk normally after all that.

Back