Micheal Keaton is awesome...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how all these threads eventually turn into a Burton vs. Nolan, Keaton vs. Bale, Nicholson vs. Ledger debates... :rotfl

Well personally, I love them all! Different times, different eras...:banana

But screw Schumacher though. :sick

man, this forum is great...why was i putzing around all these "Bale is best" forums?...Keaton was in fact the best and it's good to see other still feel the same!....

M.

Keaton can run further, faster and natural with a full rubber suit and cape. Especially down a long road. Bale looked like he was struggling to run a short distance to the Pod or sidewalk on several occasions.

Keaton IS the definitive batman for me, even over Bale. He just nails it, he's a fantastic actor. Cool story btw, glad to hear he's quite the down to earther

great story, i had a feeling that keaton in real life would be a nice guy, ive heard good things about him as a person. im glad to see that keaton is still busy with things. they are more independent type films, but there ussually very good. and to think people always thought he would be stuck in "mr. mom" mode when hes obviously got soo much more to offer. hes very talented and i must, say, 6 bat-films later, hes STILL the best batman ever. he defined that role for me, and in todays day and age with nolan + bale, keatons batman is still for me the defintive version. he just played the role so well, so effortlessly. bale just didnt have the same effect. in fact, bale did close to nothing for me in the suit, but i dont blame bale entirly, nolans direction just wasnt my cup of tea, too much emphasis on realism and not enough on just plain fun. not sayin i didnt enjoy TDK, but really its no B89 thats for sure.

Keaton's a great guy - but the little kid was probably "Why is this guy writing on my cape?" He most likely only knows Bale or even just the cartoon Batman.

Oh, and Adam West rules!

a 5 year old prolly only knows batman, not the actors. doubt that his mom would let him watch TDK lol.

Keaton can run further, faster and natural with a full rubber suit and cape. Especially down a long road. Bale looked like he was struggling to run a short distance to the Pod or sidewalk on several occasions.

(I am neither biased nor have I got a real preference)
but WTF? :rolleyes:

I always found Keaton to be more static and Bale's interpretation more dynamic. The movies show that very clearly
Bale jumped a whole lot more obviously from buildings than Keaton.

And in Returns, afther the circus attack in the beginning, the way Keaton walked away was....funny :)

Very cool of him. Few stars go the extra mile for a fan. That's a great story.

I never said I had a preference but Keaton done more movement than Bale. From what I can remember. Especially running.

There's a huge difference between running/walking and jumping off rooftops. The longest part I remember in Begins was walking down Arkham with the mine bomb. I don't ever recall Bale running in Begins. I only saw Bale run once or twice in TDK. Even then it was nowhere near the distance Keaton went. Even at that Bale was doing more vehicle traveling than what Keaton did.

And in Returns, afther the circus attack in the beginning, the way Keaton walked away was....funny :)

50 pounds of rubber was it not in that suit? Bale isn't carrying a rubber cape of some form either. I'd hate to imagine the feeling of Keatons suit. Hot and sweaty in all that rubber as it sticks to you. Any sweat running down the back of your neck. Or you get an itchy feeling.

It's funny, i used to LOVE George Clooney's Batman, and LOVED batman and robin when i was a kid. The original batmans were good, but not my thing. But when i grew up and actually started getting into the acting side of movies, and the detail side of things, i could clearly see how horribly terrible Clooney was and how charasmatic Keaton was. I still enjoy batman and robin as a whole, but i just cannot stand the clooney batman. It doesnt help that in real life, i think he's a narcicisstic, arrogant love-o :p Definately Keaton batman movies FMyW! I still don't see how Batman forever and robin though are bad movies. They've definately got their moments and i still love their direction and take on things. We wouldn't have the batman movies we have today if it hadnt been for those IMHO

Batman Forever is decent, no, fantastic. Batman and Robin shouldn't even be compared to Batman Forever. I'd go as far as saying that Batman Forever is just as good or better than Batman Returns.

For me Arnold makes Batman and Robin enjoyable with his puns. I hate Batman and Robin and especially Batgirl but the Villians were great to watch. It's awful but it's funny.

Here's how I rank em.

- The Dark Knight/Batman Begins (I won't choose one)
- Batman
- Batman Forever
- The Penguin from Batman Returns
- Batman Returns

- Mr. Freeze from Batman and Robin

- Batman and Robin

That's the thing about Batman, over the 70 years of the stories, shows, comics, movies, catoons, and figures its presence has been felt world wide. From 1939 to now it has ALL been good.

Last edited:
Batman Forever is decent, no, fantastic. Batman and Robin shouldn't even be compared to Batman Forever. I'd go as far as saying that Batman Forever is just as good or better than Batman Returns.

For me Arnold makes Batman and Robin enjoyable with his puns. I hate Batman and Robin and especially Batgirl but the Villians were great to watch. It's awful but it's funny.

Here's how I rank em.

- The Dark Knight/Batman Begins (I won't choose one)
- Batman
- Batman Forever
- The Penguin from Batman Returns
- Batman Returns

- Mr. Freeze from Batman and Robin

- Batman and Robin

That's the thing about Batman, over the 70 years of the stories, shows, comics, movies, catoons, and figures its presence has been felt world wide. From 1939 to now it has ALL been good.

here's my list

1. The Dark Knight :naughty
2. Batman Begins :naughty
3. Batman Forever :D
4. Batman & Robin :D
5. Batman :)
6. Batman Returns :violin
7. Adam And Burt Return To The Batcave :lol
8. The Batman Movie :eek:

Back