Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, being able to buy an affordable set of the caped crusaders has me in on this line. I only need one of each villain for my display so I went with the standard Joker. The only one that'll cause me to pause is the Riddler with the green suit versus the leotard. Like the suit look better, but the leotard is very iconic. Please, please, please let them get Newmar's curves somewhat right...

Interesting 🤔 has Jazzinc ever made 1/6 figures before? Even if that happens, it'll be a long ways away and more expensive. $245 for the twopack at OSK isn't bad.

They made the Iron Scavenger, which came out fantastic. No head sculpt (though that might be what you're alluding to), but good enough to eliminate my interest in any of the other upcoming Vulture figures.

I never really wanted to get into the 66 line since Hot Toys never bothered to do their own Romero Joker but seeing Mars offer these 3 at an affordable price is quite tempting. These will look really good together. :panic:

14-528x668.jpg
A%20(1)-528x668.jpg

I think these would be his first figures. With the current prices for licensed figures (e.g., from Hot Toys), Mars are stealing a chunk of the available market before Joost has even started.

If Jazzinc's plans come to fruition it'd be a situation like InArt vs Hot Toys.

Jazzinc usually avoids making products that have already been made by someone else, but I think that was historically when Jazzinc was considering making an unlicensed product when an official licensed product is announced as opposed to Jazzinc considering making an official licensed product (e.g., 1/6 scale figures licensed by WB) when an unlicensed product is announced. It's an unusual situation because Mars Toys' figures will probably drive some sales of the '66 Batmobile.

These look great but the Batman & Robin seem to be straight pics of Hot Toys' figures :dunno

What has Mars put out other than that Nicholson Joker which guys said was just a straight recast of HTs fig.

Not sure what's been released, but here are two reviews for figures other than the Nicholson Joker:

I wonder if the stands the villains are coming with will be the same design as Batman and Robin's?

Saturn Toys Batman and Robin.jpg

If so it's going to trigger my OCD because HT Batman and Robin are on the lower, classic oval stands.

It'll probably be my excuse to buy the Mars Saturn duo so I can use the bases for the Hot Toys.🤪

A quick scan round my collection, and the only Hot Toys I have on that style are The Guardians of the Galaxy.

DAF Toys also used that design, which is interesting since in my collection list I have a note alongside Mars that they may also be DAF. Alongside DAF I have a note that they may also be Fire Toys and Yan Toys. Alongside Fire I have a note that they may also be CGL, since they used a CGL branded body for John Wick.

I can't remember all the reasons why I thought they may be connected, but if so the group would comprise Mars/Saturn, DAF, Fire, Yan and CGL. But then these Chinese/Hong Kong companies seem to be quite fluid, made up of teams coming together for various projects.

These look great but the Batman & Robin seem to be straight pics of Hot Toys' figures :dunno

What has Mars put out other than that Nicholson Joker which guys said was just a straight recast of HTs fig.
I’d like to pull the trigger on these but really want to see pics of what are reliably to be believed photos of the actual figures. Joker is ok but these can’t be new figures, at least I don’t think so.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of companies that straight up rip off others, whether it is an official release or a custom, but don't think I can pass up what may by the only chance we have for a 1/6 scale Romero since Hot Toys decided against it.

It’s one of those Han Hoth coat things. Varies scene to scene, episode to episode, tv to tv. It’s a usually as accepted as a very lightly colored suit, often in the pinkish range but arguably purple at times too. Most licensed merch comes out more pinkish.

Same as the Trek red vs maroon or grey vs green vs yellow uniforms.

The suit should be purple.
Finally someone! else :lol

Hot Toys prototype went more purple
6vvsyq.jpg

6vvt89.jpg

So did retro Mego
6vvu4b.gif
6vvw5q.gif

And the Tweeterhead Maquette
6vvuml.jpg

6vvusl.jpg

Mcfarlane went Hot Pink, looks terrible
6vvvlt.gif
6vvux6.gif

and Mars unfortunately followed suit (pun intended 😛)
It's subtle but makes a big difference to my eyes, not a fan of the hot pink so many unfortunately seem comfortable with. I do wish more would say something maybe get to Mars' ears, before this goes into full production.
6vvwu7.jpg

6vi2zx.jpg

6vi2rh.jpg

Last edited:
Back