Mars Toys 1/6 Catwoman (Batman '66)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS!

And also, where's my Mob Boss Nicholson? Feels like that should be coming any time now too.
I would at least think the Romero variants should be any time. Since they went up at the same time as the normal one. The sculpts are about the same as the regular one. The baseball prison outfit seems pretty basic. The Pagliacci outfit might be slightly more complex.

I'm hopeful but wary.

We've seen this a few times - a company brings out an amazing first figure because they've worked on it a long time before release/tease, and everyone sings its praises. Next figure(s) on pre-order for an eternity, but come out rushed and sub-par with QC issues.

They also start out listening to collectors (EXO-6 and Molecule8 to name just two examples) then they decide they know best.

I really hope they don't fall into the same trap.

I’m starting to feel like with Mars Toys it’s going to be a long time before we actually get any of this stuff in hand. I like what they’re doing but think they’re doing too much.
Agreed. They have shown so much and only delivered the 66 Joker. Almost seems as though they’re using preorder money to pay their employees yet no one is working making the figures. 😆

Geez, is this "glass half empty" world?

Mars delivered what may be the figure of the year - in February - and are planning an ambitious line of characters many of us have been wanting for decades.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect the Joker variants to be out by now, although they had to go back for a second run of the first Joker due to demand. The number of factories that can pull off the type of work they're doing is not huge, so it's probably better for them (and us) if they take their time and do it right - otherwise the board would be whining about bad QC instead of "where is it? I demand my 66 fix NOW!"

Considering how well the Joker came out, I'm excited by the updates and willing to be patient.

Mars have still yet to release that Gus Fring figure they've been teasing for what feels like 3 years.

I think they've definitely bitten off more than they can chew. It's great ramping up the hype train with all these Batman announcements flooding out and building good faith with the terrific 66 Joker but, when we're still waiting for all these figures we're currently excited for in 2 years time, it'll be a different story.

Mars have still yet to release that Gus Fring figure they've been teasing for what feels like 3 years.

I think they've definitely bitten off more than they can chew. It's great ramping up the hype train with all these Batman announcements flooding out and building good faith with the terrific 66 Joker but, when we're still waiting for all these figures we're currently excited for in 2 years time, it'll be a different story.
Yep, my enthusiasm for the 66 line is wavering...not because I'm falling out of love with the idea of having the Caped Crusaders, Batgirl and the main rogues...but because my faith in Mars actually delivering all that in the next decade is diminishing every day...

I'm very grateful that Mars intends to do all three versions of Catwoman from 1966 Batman. Lee Meriwether especially.

This reminds me of the adventurous spirit Sideshow had in the beginning -- let's do Karloff Frankenstein, no wait let's do Karloff, Lugosi, Glenn Strange, Lon Chaney Jr versions of the monster! And while we're at it we'll do three versions of Karloff! Plus Fritz with a torch! And the Bride!

Yes, Mars is definitely ambitious. Reminds me of a young HT.

But I do wish to collect figures as opposed to Renders and POs.

There is a lot of money on the table waiting for Mars to come pick it up...

DeVito Penguin
Pfeiffer Catwoman
Arnold Freeze
Uma Poison Ivy
TLJ Two-Face
Newmar Catwoman
Meredith Penguin
Gorshin Riddler
Premminger Freeze

Those are ALL guarantees for me. Now. At this moment in time. Who knows a year from now...?
I need more coffee. I read this as The Last Jedi Two-Face. So, would that be Rian Johnson???

Geez, is this "glass half empty" world?

Mars delivered what may be the figure of the year - in February - and are planning an ambitious line of characters many of us have been wanting for decades.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect the Joker variants to be out by now, although they had to go back for a second run of the first Joker due to demand. The number of factories that can pull off the type of work they're doing is not huge, so it's probably better for them (and us) if they take their time and do it right - otherwise the board would be whining about bad QC instead of "where is it? I demand my 66 fix NOW!"

Considering how well the Joker came out, I'm excited by the updates and willing to be patient.

It's a forum where all opinions are welcome, so you'll get both sides of any discussion. Plus a lot of us have been disappointed before. Glass half empty? Sure, if that's the way you want to view people with different opinions to yours, but I choose to believe this forum doesn't reflect people's general 'world' view, as you've put it. In fact, IRL I'm a fairly positive guy. In collecting, I've just seen a lot of stuff, good and bad, and don't want to lose money.

Yep, my enthusiasm for the 66 line is wavering...not because I'm falling out of love with the idea of having the Caped Crusaders, Batgirl and the main rogues...but because my faith in Mars actually delivering all that in the next decade is diminishing every day...
I don't think they're producing Batman and Robin, are they? They already did those under the Saturn banner.

It's a forum where all opinions are welcome, so you'll get both sides of any discussion. Plus a lot of us have been disappointed before. Glass half empty? Sure, if that's the way you want to view people with different opinions to yours, but I choose to believe this forum doesn't reflect people's general 'world' view, as you've put it. In fact, IRL I'm a fairly positive guy. In collecting, I've just seen a lot of stuff, good and bad, and don't want to lose money.

I don't think they're producing Batman and Robin, are they? They already did those under the Saturn banner.
Yes, I was referring to the Saturn version of the Caped Crusaders. I'm sort of lumping those in...

by offering 3 versions of the same character, they basically tripled the price of this character. For most collectors, it would be a no-brainer to just get one. I do not see many collectors getting all three

A. There is a strong "got-to-have-them-all" drive in OCD.

B. Collectors have some degree of OCD.

C. Therefore, there will be some collectors that will have to get them all. Just like Joker.

I'm not sure what alternates they can come up with for Penguin (besides that Captain disguise), and I hope Riddler is not split into two variants between his green suit and leotard. But it does seem like Mars is planning to milk the brand as much as they can, which is understandable.

Why is everyone saying Mars Toys have only released one figure, when they have actually released several including a pretty good Nicholson Joker.

Why is everyone saying Mars Toys have only released one figure, when they have actually released several including a pretty good Nicholson Joker.
Probably b/c it's the only 66' Batman figure they've released, but lots of folks make it out as if they've only release actually one figure altogether when they've actually released 5 figures total I believe.

Not trying to be a pessimist but in some ways it kind of feels like Mars Toys really prioritized getting Romero Joker out relatively soon to get people on board with them and now are kind of coasting on the popularity of that one release. I know they’ve released more but not for a while really and they have way more items being teased than being delivered.

I just feel like they need to deliver more of what they have up for pre-order. If they do that then I’ll have more faith again. As of now it just seems like an endless stream of prototypes.

Last edited:
We aren't getting any younger here are we. Turning 50 really messed me up personally - add in the way of the world these days and yeah I want all of the dollies now damn it.

Really curious why the stall on Riddler and Penguin, they both seemed so far along and nearly finished back in October 2022.

I imagine there's still alot of work to do on this figure's body -- the catsuit makes the shape critical.
Julie Newmar has a VERY unique body. She's extremely tall. The longest legs I've ever seen and an incredible tight round arse with a tiny waist. I really hope they build a custom body for her catsuit.

Back