Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered A, B & C from Kit.

Prices are pretty good. After knocking a little off with a few rewards and the $1 coupon code it was a little over $150 per figure (half the price of a Hot Toys :monkey3 ).

The surfboard and wave at $150, however, seemed high priced by comparison. While I'd like to have everything, I just can't see myself using it.

They come with stands too, which is a bonus because the black oval ones I like have gone up in price on Ebay, though I do have a cheap source on Amazon while they last.
Will be picking up Set A. Other sets look great as well but cutting back on variants. After the ‘66 Batman line (Riddler, Joker, Newmar Carwoman and Batgirl) maybe they could take on ‘78 Superman (Superman/Clark Kent, Zod, Ursa, Non, Slater Supergirl).
The variants is my thing. I get caught up in the hype, but then I remember they’re doing other villains and I’m like “do I really need four Jokers?” Like, it’s weird because I love options, and maybe it’s a little too “grown man playing with his Barbies” for some people but I look at the B, C & D variants and I’m like “these couldn’t have just been included as optional upgrades to the regular set?”

Like, price wise, they’re not bad at all. I don’t think you could find a Sideshow figure for $120 today, much less one that (hopefully) looks this good, but even alternating them feels wasteful, somehow? Like, accessories are one thing, but to buy a whole figure just to keep it in the box until you feel like rotating it out feels kind of like a waste of money to me.

Personally, I’m debating picking up the B and D versions and just parting out the extras and keeping the stuff (baseball uniform, hands, surfboard, etc.). I might even do that with the body and head from the Pagliacci version. I don’t feel like I need four bodies and duplicates of several heads.

The variants is my thing. I get caught up in the hype, but then I remember they’re doing other villains and I’m like “do I really need four Jokers?” Like, it’s weird because I love options, and maybe it’s a little too “grown man playing with his Barbies” for some people but I look at the B, C & D variants and I’m like “these couldn’t have just been included as optional upgrades to the regular set?”

Like, price wise, they’re not bad at all. I don’t think you could find a Sideshow figure for $120 today, much less one that (hopefully) looks this good, but even alternating them feels wasteful, somehow? Like, accessories are one thing, but to buy a whole figure just to keep it in the box until you feel like rotating it out feels kind of like a waste of money to me.

Personally, I’m debating picking up the B and D versions and just parting out the extras and keeping the stuff (baseball uniform, hands, surfboard, etc.). I might even do that with the body and head from the Pagliacci version. I don’t feel like I need four bodies and duplicates of several heads.

I got to feel that way with Disney Star Wars figures, because they deliberately create variants in their series and films to increase options for merchandise. Same with superheroes changing their costume for each new movie. It feels like it'll never end, and the figures themselves might look good but hold little meaning.

However, the 1960s Batman series is locked into history. All the variants possible have already been created. Hence I feel more inclined to buy different versions of the characters. It's like buying a piece of history to display, rather than buying Malibu Stacy with a new hat. For years I've been telling myself to keep to the classics and avoid the 'flavour of the week' just because it looks good.

Mars Toys has put me in the mood to break out the Blu-ray box set again!

I know a lot 3rd party stuff is the result of recasting, but unless Mars snuck one off of Hot Toys' prototype, I put this right up there next to HT's best efforts. And for $100 bucks cheaper, too! Ordered the standard Mr. J. Bring on Catwoman!!

I got to feel that way with Disney Star Wars figures, because they deliberately create variants in their series and films to increase options for merchandise. Same with superheroes changing their costume for each new movie. It feels like it'll never end, and the figures themselves might look good but hold little meaning.

However, the 1960s Batman series is locked into history. All the variants possible have already been created. Hence I feel more inclined to buy different versions of the characters. It's like buying a piece of history to display, rather than buying Malibu Stacy with a new hat. For years I've been telling myself to keep to the classics and avoid the 'flavour of the week' just because it looks good.

Mars Toys has put me in the mood to break out the Blu-ray box set again!
Same. I've gone and audited my collection even further to get rid of the "flavor of the week" figures that I got within the last year just b/c they looked good but ultimately hold no meaning to me. I started thinking while on vacation last week "I didn't need them before, why did I all of a sudden need them now?"

But when it comes to these, it's like you said, these 66 characters are part of history. These reveals from Mars Toys have come at an interesting time since this show has been my current background noise to watch while working.

Last edited:
As long as the Mars surfboard is, it's still undersized, and also too yellow:

Mars Toys Joker A (12).jpg

batman season-3-episode-10-surfs-up.jpg

u2.gif

Actual size would likely be very prohibitive for most displays.

I see they are going deep with this line. All villains it seems.

I always wanted a Burt Ward Grayson and Adam West Bruce. Hoping they can.

Ahh!! I had to pre-order! Been waiting, what 6 years since that defunct HT reveal that never panned out? Man. I keep telling myself I'm done. This just checks off a HUGE box. Essentially my quintessential Joker.

:rotfl

Mars... Saturn...

They didn't look far for new names...

Mars Toys

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 1 m ·

B&R
Anyone who wants fast shipping.I recommend my best friend store to buy.

So glad to see these two!

What a colourful and awesome display we'll have when Mars Toys release all these Batman 66 characters.

:rotfl

Mars... Saturn...

They didn't look far for new names...

Mars Toys

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 1 m ·

B&R
Anyone who wants fast shipping.I recommend my best friend store to buy.

Well, guess that settles it. I’ll grab that two pack and Joker 😆 I think as @batfan08 mentioned, I never thought I’d now be considering the JazzInc ‘66 Batmobile :rotfl

Well, guess that settles it. I’ll grab that two pack and Joker 😆 I think as @batfan08 mentioned, I never thought I’d now be considering the JazzInc ‘66 Batmobile :rotfl

I saw a post on Reddit today referring to Jazzinc having posted on his Facebook that WB were so happy with his '66 Batmobile that he was in negotiations with them to make 1/6 figures. Don't know how long ago that was.

How good are the Mars final products when compared to HT and other 1/6 companies?
Very good but not quite up to HT’s tailoring. At least not for their Joker. The inner, tailed coat, shirt and pants were a little baggy on it. The trencher was nice though.
I was happy with the paint apps.

I’m hoping they improve with the 66 Joker outfit.

FB589EA8-C5AD-47FA-9473-6EEEE39C2C50.jpeg

I saw a post on Reddit today referring to Jazzinc having posted on his Facebook that WB were so happy with his '66 Batmobile that he was in negotiations with them to make 1/6 figures. Don't know how long ago that was.
Interesting 🤔 has Jazzinc ever made 1/6 figures before? Even if that happens, it'll be a long ways away and more expensive. $245 for the twopack at OSK isn't bad.

Interesting 🤔 has Jazzinc ever made 1/6 figures before? Even if that happens, it'll be a long ways away and more expensive. $245 for the twopack at OSK isn't bad.

I think these would be his first figures. With the current prices for licensed figures (e.g., from Hot Toys), Mars are stealing a chunk of the available market before Joost has even started.

If Jazzinc's plans come to fruition it'd be a situation like InArt vs Hot Toys.

Back