Mars Toys 1/6 Catwoman (Batman '66)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie Newmar has a VERY unique body. She's extremely tall. The longest legs I've ever seen and an incredible tight round arse with a tiny waist. I really hope they build a custom body for her catsuit.
Well...looks like I'm going to have to dust off the 66 Blu-Ray collection and re-watch the Catwoman episodes... :love:

Julie Newmar has a VERY unique body. She's extremely tall. The longest legs I've ever seen and an incredible tight round arse with a tiny waist. I really hope they build a custom body for her catsuit.

Time_killer right now:

Cat Wiggle GIF

Julie was gorgeous with a nice body, but remember she is also very heavily corseted as Catwoman which makes her body look even more unrealistic.

I imagine nobody would notice a lopsided mask when watching it on a 60s television, especially when there were clearly better things to be looking at lmao

Didn’t they often use dish sponges on Batman’s utility belt to replace broken props?
Edit: nevermind, the original belt actually was just made of dish sponges period LOL
IMG_6073.jpeg

Last edited:
Would it really have been too much to ask that they cut at the start of that scene to readjust her mask so it's not hanging lopsided on her face and covering one eye the etire time and then film it?
In 57 years till now, don't think anyone ever noticed or was looking at the mask in that scene before. :lol

I imagine nobody would notice a lopsided mask when watching it on a 60s television, especially when there were clearly better things to be looking at lmao

Didn’t they often use dish sponges on Batman’s utility belt to replace broken props?
Edit: nevermind, the original belt actually was just made of dish sponges period LOL
View attachment 643833
WDgwL-1478546526-embed-batbelt_closeups.jpg

Even for the 60s seems an odd shape for a supposed "dish sponge", think that's just some fun hyperbole to exaggerate it.
But yeah they were definitely some cheap light-weight craft foam, just painted over, that wore out , this show had an ever dwindling budget. :lol
The last season barley had any new sets, often just black curtain/"black-room-sets" as the backgrounds.

Last edited:
Even for the 60s seems an odd shape for a supposed "dish sponge", think that's just some fun hyperbole to exaggerate it.
But yeah they were definitely some cheap light-weight craft foam, just painted over, that wore out , this show had an ever dwindling budget. :lol
You’re completely right! I tried looking a bit more into several of the “dish/kitchen sponge” claims around the internet and it turns out it was most likely just made from foam latex that happened to look a little spongey.

Anyway, has anyone else ever noticed that the shark looked a little off, or were we all too busy staring at butts? :lol :lol
Batman 1966 GIF

Seems perfectly realistic. Not sure how they got the real shark to naturally fight off those bat-punches with it's fin, but this was all before CGI, so they must have trained a real shark, amazing!

Last edited:
Women are from Venus. Men are from Mars. I don't know what the hell that has to do with a 1/6 Catwoman but there you go.

I'm hopeful but wary.

We've seen this a few times - a company brings out an amazing first figure because they've worked on it a long time before release/tease, and everyone sings its praises. Next figure(s) on pre-order for an eternity, but come out rushed and sub-par with QC issues.

They also start out listening to collectors (EXO-6 and Molecule8 to name just two examples) then they decide they know best.

I really hope they don't fall into the same trap.
I feel the same. It's one thing to have a sculpt painted almost completely flat white in clown makeup and quite another to achieve a realistic and nicely nuanced complexion. We could have a whole separate topic thread on how bad 1:6 female bodies have typically been and how poorly they work with tight body suits. Julie Newmar was a big tall woman, while Eartha Kitt had a small strong dancer physique. Some of these things are going to be crucial to a good Catwoman figure and stock bodies won't work for the most part.

I appreciate that Mars seems committed to the idea and I'm hopeful and on-board in good faith that they can deliver. It’s not like we have anyone else committed to a line of Batman '66 figures - apart from maybe Jazzinc - so we have to put some faith in them. I just hope they can see it through, but a lot depends on who they outsource to. We've seen a lot of unlicensed third party companies prototype one thing then find themselves incapable of delivering the intended quality when the work comes back from the factories.

I have to say, I think the praise and hype about the Romero Joker is a little inflated and propelled by emotion rather than analysis. Is it great? Yes, by all means, but there are various issues. There's a feeling of snagging something that exceeds expectations from under the radar, from the back door of the industry, and walking away with a steal. That's the emotion around this figure. It's great for a third party offering and approaches the same level of quality that we expect from the big name 1:6 makers, but the figure is not perfect.

Mars seems to have done well in sculpting and achieving a good mold release from their factory that rivals anything the big companies like HT could do - it’s something a few small makers, like Toys Era, have done in recent years. I have some confidence they can come back with good sculpts for their Catwoman figures. Paint applications and costume tailoring are a bit up in the air, but it looks like they want to do well with this (unlicensed) property.

Let’s be hopeful rather than excited and we’ll see what happens, but Mars still needs some track record of successful projects to prove they can really pull this off.

Back