Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said it depends on the lighting.
Those aren't color corrected, your gifs and image refrances might be from crap tv swipes.
Even WB's own Blu-ray old and cleaned up shows it was more bright purple

Actual footage bright purple^
vs Mars' hot pink
6vw893.gif

Needs more purple :wink1:

We need Nanjin Tam from EXO-6 to get to the bottom of this! And he would!

We need Nanjin Tam from EXO-6 to get to the bottom of this! And he would!
I Agree with you, Nanjin Tam would be so on this - with swatches, and images under different lights, as proof either way)
Though the difference is subtle, it is one of those that I gladly concede comes down to lighting (and Batman 66 show went to town on their over-the-top lighting to add to the pop/camp effect). And then of course there is perception and, blinding preference.
Though there are images of the actual authentic suit worn by Romero in more "neutral"light.
6vvsyq.jpg

Hot Toys proto^
6w706d.jpg

The actual ^ jacket, vest and pants all original outfit worn by Cesar Romero.
6vy2ek.gif

vs Mars' Hot Pink^
6w714l.jpg

Again the same suit^, actual jacket, vest and pants all original outfit worn by Cesar Romero, off the mannequin.
Which to my eyes matches the on screen classic bright purple TV footage (both original and HD.
While Mars' Hot Pink (to me) just seems way off either way, despite the claims here.

:devilish:

Last edited:
Having been a part of the EXO-6 uniform color discussion which is still ongoing, I can see both sides. Is it better to have set accurate colors, or screen accurate colors? Myself, I prefer to see the colors that I saw when watching the show on tv.

Again @Mondragon if it really means this much to you, you should spend this time contacting Mars Toys on their Instagram and Facebook pages with these images if you already haven’t. Doing so here does nothing to help your cause in getting it changed, unless you’re hoping someone else will do the work on contacting them for you. They’re pretty responsive in their socials and they just might take it into consideration just as they have with the mustache being too dark. That really is the only way to potentially get it changed if you really want them to. As one of my old mentor’s used to say “if you don’t ask, you don’t get.” Not trying to be rude, just trying to point you in the right direction

Last edited:
I'd prefer the suit to be more purple but it's not a deal breaker for me. As long as the portraits come out close to prototype, obviously the paint apps will be softer, I'll be happy.

I mean guys have any of these "purple" suggestions been sent off to Mars Toys over @Facebook at all? Cause I'm more than sure they are not reading these on here. They are pretty active on FB and Weibo, if you reach them on any of those platforms. I'm sure they will acknowledge it and make the change

I’m okay with the color of the suit. It’s one of those things that looks different depending on the scene and lighting. Plus there probably won’t be another Romero Joker so it’s take it or leave it.

Haven’t placed an order yet but will do so soon with One Sixth Kit. Will be my first order from that site and also my first real third party figure.

These discussions on the suit colour remind me of the many, many discussions about the definition of 'Decepticon Purple' on another venue.

Before anyone starts getting too married to an opinion please be aware that purples all but impossible to capture accurately without natural lighting on any digital camera and even then, it still requires either settings adjustments in the camera or adjustments after the fact to get correct. You can google around for this and find a lot of contributing information from flower photographers and others once this realisation occurs.

If you want to get technical about it though the Adobe Color Space Gamut 1998 is the blueprint for how all colours are rendered digitally.
This space is covered by the triangle in the image. All the shades inside the triangle relate to specific numbers to keep them consistent. You'll notice the purple end of the spectrum is the most handicapped in this respect as the palette it's drawing from is far shallower than what the spectrum actually contains.

1665903271500.png

The direct result of this is when a digital camera takes the shot it ends up leaning to pinker or bluer when interpreting what it 'sees' and often going too far in one direction once all the camera's colour correction/white balance and other enhancements come into the equation. Take a photo on a phone and the colour enhancements will automatically push a lot more saturation into the image as well as trying to do a whole bunch of other things to the image that end up reducing its real world accuracy to anything in the purple spectrum.

So it's very 'all bets are off' in this respect to anyone's perceived accuracy unless they have their own eyes on the costume in person. I highly doubt Mars Toys have had the luxury, but hey, that's what fabric dyes are for and tinting this suit a slightly darker purple won't be too hard a job if you're so inclined. Or it may come in the purple your mind is already wanting it to be regardless of what you're seeing online!

Agreed, I was tempted by the Pagliaci version but ultimately Pink/Purle suit is the iconic look that comes to mind when I think of the Joker. Also what an amazing array of accessories. As a child of the 70's his version of the Joker scared the crap out of me, still find him creepy.

Last edited:
Back