Mars Toys - 1/6 Catwoman (Batman Returns)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure HT is about to make their move...

kNfjo3G.gif

...any time now...šŸ˜­

giphy.gif

The smiling sculpt is way too "pin-up" for Catwoman.

The smirk is the only one to use, with character. But even that sculpt looks a bit too cute and impish.

They need a mean one, a scowl -- ready to attack.

What's with the big strap under her chin? She didn't have that in the movie.

View attachment 638887
I don't think it's a strap but a cut off point for the sculpt so it can pop off the neck for us to swap out the heads. Since she wears a one piece, they need to have a cut line for the neck/suit for the different sculpts. At least that's what I think it is. Curious to see how they handle that.

Not too worried about the likeness at this stage. Mars are reworking the Keaton figure after being unhappy with the production sample. Catwoman still probably months from preorder let alone release. Lots of time for them to fix things.

hopefully the suit will be made out of a durable material.

probably won't be much articulation considering how tight and form fitting the Catwoman suit is to the body.

An unmasked and one with hair strands flowing out the damaged mask would be amazing.

5936-batmanwtf.jpg

tumblr_mgrtf2BxUI1qimek4o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ohg3xaWaLz1qfr6udo1_500.gif
what-last-minute-shot-was-added-to-batman-returns.jpg
I'd trust InArt to deliver the quality on a version like this but I'm not there yet with Mars Toys. Heck, I wouldn't trust Hot Toys with this either (i.e., I'd only pre-order from InArt, anyone else I'd have to see the production head first).

When did InArt say they were doing Burton Batman?

They didnā€™t, but Burton Batman characters ranked high on those facebook polls they did last year - along with Tobey Spidey and Terminator. Nothing confirmed, just people voting for what they think they want.

They can hardly even produce their own predetermined slate though, so I doubt theyā€™d happen within the next 5 years - if at all.

Yeah, I thought the old Batman movies were likely no... maybe the new Flash Keaton Batman they would make.

Anyway, I wouldn't hold my breath on Burton Batman or Catwoman or Penguin from InArt.

Be nice just to see the long-promised Legolas and Nazgul...

Back